10-14-09 08:29 AM
278 ... 56789 ...
tools
    new signature it is
    08-26-09 09:04 PM
    Why change your signature, this is not a carrier affiliated website and as such you aren't paid to be on here, as stated its a social website, not a networks technical helpline. If people are seeking cast iron approved instructions on a matter relating to their network provider, then speak to the network, if your after help from those that CHOOSE to help at their own good grace in their own time then you are not their customer, merely part of a social conversation between several people. Freedom of speech eh!

To clarify I am not a verizon employee, I'm not even in the US!!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by daveastra; 08-26-09 at 10:14 PM.
    08-26-09 10:10 PM
    Picture this - new user - they run a search engine - results show Verizon Wireless. It is in the title bar and VZW Rep is in the title of the only stickied thread here. They have a question and this may be their first excursion to a chat forum. They see some odd handles, but also some plausible names on a BlackBerry-centric site & lots of claims of people working for the carrier. They want to know how to check their voicemail - maybe program the password to automatically be entered.

And they get an obnoxiously rude answer from someone in the Ask a VZW Rep thread telling them to use search.

What would a reasonable person think?

Not everyone here is married to a BlackBerry - they didn't come here knowing everything about their device or carrier, much less the workings of a chat board or the politics of the site. They picked up something they want to learn about & someone with hundreds of posts, many containing claims of being a VZW rep, dogs them.

Yes - I do feel sorry for them. I feel sorry that they weren't born with a Web spider brain & an IP address for a middle name. But at least they were smart enough to not work along side some of the arrogant people I see responding here.

It happens in the Sprint, AT&T & T-Mobile forums - but these are VZW customers & some here don't care enough about the company that feeds them to take a minute amount of professionalism, decorum, patience & humility to not sully the company reputation.

In reality, it isn't VZW's reputation that is in the mud, it is the poster"s reputation. If someone doesn't care about their own reputation, I guess it is a stretch to assume they might care about someone else's - even when that someone or something else feeds them.

With age, you might see the light.

A reasonable person would still think that this is a public forum... Thanks for the long drawn out explanation though it makes you seem smarter when you just type type type away...
    And as for my reputation what do I care? I don't go to work and say I'm blue and bold respect my words. I don't put down what I do on a public forum in a resume... But please continue
    08-26-09 10:50 PM
    OMG!!! People.. Verizon has over 87 MILLION CUSTOMERS..
    Over 80,000 employees...

This is CRACKBerry - a site that a FRACTION of those 87 million and 80,000 employees even frequent.

What is the big deal?

If the company is SOOOOO concerned about people posting here, then they need to FIRST start with those who post leaks, OS's, PRL's, Pictures of inventory, etc..

VZW, AT&T, Sprint, etc. can't even control that -- so what makes you think they can control a PUBLIC forum that anyone can use to say they are an employee.

Let's move on, please. This is getting redundant and lame.
    08-26-09 11:17 PM
    There's freedom of speech, but there's no freedom of employment. Think about it.
    08-26-09 11:23 PM
    I am staying out of this but have been reading all your posts in this thread for entertainment. There is one thing that was said that I would like to point out though. The VZW Code of Conduct is available online. All you have to do is google it and it comes up from verizonwireless.com in a pdf format. I actually found it when it was first brought up on like page 3 of this thread. If it is proprietary information then VZW didn't do a very good job of keeping it that way.

Now get back to arguing because I for one find it hilarious!
    08-27-09 12:50 AM
    Some people are too sensitive, and take things said on a public forum to heart. While I have seen stories of employees losing their jobs over things said on the internet, I think I would feel ridiculous if I were to stop posting just because a few people got their feelings hurt and decided the vent.
    While I do agree that a Verizon employee should feel obligated to act appropriately as to not hurt the company's reputation, it also should be noted that there really is no way to verify as to whether a person claiming to be an employee truly is in fact an employee. Because of this, anyone who complains about Verizon allowing or condoning this behavior needs to get a reality check. If this were in fact a Verizon Wireless forum where customers could post questions to credible and verified employees, then complaints about how the employees conduct themselves would be valid.
    08-27-09 12:52 AM
    Maybe the Mods could move the "Funny things customers say" thread to the social forum so its not in the VZW sub-forum. Many of the stories aren't VZW-specific and some aren't even phone related at all, but still funny to read. Well, funny to me at least. I guess it depends what side of the fence you're on. Burger jokes are funnier to the rancher than to the cattle...

It's weird how 50,000 people have read that thread, hundreds have contributed but like 5 people see it as a personal slight...
    08-27-09 01:22 AM
    All in all, some of you need to read what I am saying & not try to make it into what you think I am saying. I don't muddle words and I can make the most set-in-their-ways soul squirm.

I started my first few posts here trying to show you what you might be doing wrong, in hopes you might see the light & pay closer attention to how you affect others. I did it wothout personal attacks, staying not only on topic, but also keeping with the concept of arguing points. Any of you who felt offense in what I said before tonight, did so out of self-infliction.

Now, for many of you, I couldn't care less if you're a VZW rep or an ex-VZW rep. If you can't fathom what good customer service is by now, or see how your actions could affect people coming here with questions, there may be no hope for you.

Of course, as always, I may feel differently tomorrow - but tomorrow hasn't come yet.

Just remember - I am not the first one to point out the poor behavior of many reps here - and seeing the words of a few of you, I probably won't be the last.

08-27-09 02:57 AM
    All in all, some of you need to read what I am saying & not try to make it into what you think I am saying. I don't muddle words and I can make the most set-in-their-ways soul squirm.

I started my first few posts here trying to show you what you might be doing wrong, in hopes you might see the light & pay closer attention to how you affect others. I did it wothout personal attacks, staying not only on topic, but also keeping with the concept of arguing points. Any of you who felt offense in what I said before tonight, did so out of self-infliction.

Now, for many of you, I couldn't care less if you're a VZW rep or an ex-VZW rep. If you can't fathom what good customer service is by now, or see how your actions could affect people coming here with questions, there may be no hope for you.

Of course, as always, I may feel differently tomorrow - but tomorrow hasn't come yet.

Just remember - I am not the first one to point out the poor behavior of many reps here - and seeing the words of a few of you, I probably won't be the last.

Don't worry, you have done just that. I have removed the FAQ & will not be posting help anymore. I just would like an explanation for my above post, please.

I have always been very respectful of customers who come and ask honest questions which is why I'm not sure why you have turned and either directly, or indirectly attacked me and agreed with this planetfeedback posting.

If you were really in my center, should have stopped by and said hi.
    08-27-09 03:00 AM
    For information, yes. Although the way you stalked AM was a bit scary. It seemed to egg him on & that wasn't a good thing.

But it's all good - I might have done the same thing, given a few spirits.
    Well it had been a bad couple of days prior with some people "above me" at work so I kinda took it out on the first person I saw trying to put employees in line.. lol And I was bored between farmville harvests..

It was quite entertaining to say the least though!
    08-27-09 03:07 AM
    For information, yes. Although the way you stalked AM was a bit scary. It seemed to egg him on & that wasn't a good thing.

But it's all good - I might have done the same thing, given a few spirits.

And Weekendbum - I never crossed you anywhere until this thread. Until my last posting series, I only argued points with you.

And don't give me that BS about how I acted in private - you and I have exchanged what? 5 PMs in over a year? You might want to ask around a bit before you crap on someone else - you seem to be rather adept at burning bridges & screwing your biggest supporters.

You have agreed with the PFB post in which I was named. You have posted against me either by arguing the CoC, or by saying we're screw up reps (not in so many words) by devaluing customers. I know you never mentioned names and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to take that.

I'm sorry but if I'm wrong, I apologize. I just don't get how one day you're posting with us saying how customers can be completely boneheaded/airheaded/try to scam Verizon and the responses we give are valid and then one day turn around and say we're horrible customer service reps who don't know customer service and do not know how to "represent" our company. When more than half the time on your twins name you were agreeing with us?

Is that not hypocritical? We have exchanged five pms, but my question is why do you look out for me in private but in public you post against me?
    08-27-09 03:12 AM
    Don't worry, you have done just that. I have removed the FAQ & will not be posting help anymore. I just would like an explanation for my above post, please.

I have always been very respectful of customers who come and ask honest questions which is why I'm not sure why you have turned and either directly, or indirectly attacked me and agreed with this planetfeedback posting.

If you were really in my center, should have stopped by and said hi.
    While I will not divulge who I had my PMs with, I do invite them to vouch for what I just said I told them. In PMs, of course - those people who agree with me in public are called all sorts of bad things. Just ask sjsjr.

Go back & read what I have written here. I never condoned what was written on Planet - I did say I could see how someone could make that type of complaint. And with some of the reactions in this thread, I was able to see it all the more.

Remember angelalynn? She was just one of many who brought up this very subject months ago. But she complained about the silluy customers thread. I did think that was wrong & I saw no problem with its existence.

Moving it would be a good thing, though.

Years ago, we had a similar forum category for AT&T employees. The posts were hilarious, but we had some rules - most of the rules have been followed in the silly customers thread here, with a few exceptions. We couldn't provide any customer or account identifiable information. We were even shut down from using the generic "Mr Patel" in reference to the large number of Indian immigrants who had huge bills. We couldn't talk about customers in a condescending tone. And we had to also post details on how we handled the customer.

It was stress relief & a good training aid, too.

You have usually been respectful, 'bum - I say usually, because I don't recall any specific instance where you weren't, nor do I care to look for one. Maybe it was an occasional comment, but we're all guilty of those

What I was arguing with you was an attitude you seemed to suddenly take up. You were arguing for things you didn't practice, until tonight. You were sounding like the others, trying to rationalize a behavior that I saw as potentially job affecting.

And that was my intention throughout all of this - I don't want to see anyone lose their job for a stupid comment, much less people I've conversed with for over a year.

If I didn't give a rat's tail, I'd have just let it go. Maybe I should have, because some people heere have proven to me I'd never want to hire them - if I didn't hire them, I'd not have to fire them.

Take that for what you want - while I have several employees here, none care to post, so they don't say anything here that may cross me. The environment here is too harsh for them. I hire only respectful, God-fearing types with good families. They don't have the time nor the desire for all of this.
    08-27-09 03:24 AM
    AX, you have a PM.

I digress.
    08-27-09 03:42 AM
    One last thing before I head to bed - before tonight - around 10PM MST, I never once said "Hey _____, you're one of those who caused this" or called anyone stupid or anything close. Thoughts were presented & I argued those points or indicated flaws in the thought process. I attacked what I saw were faulty thoughts or flawed reasoning.

I bantered with tsguy, blueandbold, lastraid, weekendbum and a number of others. Some bantered back, some agreed & some others went into temper-tantrum-tizzy mode, calling me names, telling me basically to get off their board and/or ordering me to stick to only answering technical questions. Some obviously had their feelings hurt, thinking I was accusing them of rude behavior.

Most of the rudeness is right here in this thread & much of it has been directed toward me in libelous remarks, ad-hominem attacks & worse. Some had the audacity to call my integrity into question - I would put 1/10th of my integrity up against 100% of many here & would be a much wealthier person by betting on my victory.

But it is all good. Maturity is a good thing & while I indulge myself in some childish silliness, from time to time, I am thrilled to not be known as a childish tantrum thrower.

Some of the reactions in this thread rival my 3 year old granddaughter's temper spells - and I don't need to point out who the guilty ones were.

Goodnight all - it is 1AM here & I have a meet ticket scheduled with utility locators early in the morning for a fiber optics bore job. - if I succeeded in upsetting you, you might need to take stock in your priorities & sensibilities.

08-27-09 03:55 AM
    The original debate was good. The descent into personal insults and abusive and hostile posting directed against specific members was not good, and posts have been removed. We believe (hope?) all members are adult and can demonstrate that fact by rational and reasoned discussion in forums.

I'll reopen this thread for one last chance, but... please keep it within forum rules. No more fighting, no more insults, no more personal attacks. Debate the subject, not the posters. If you can't say it nicely just don't say it at all.
    08-27-09 05:40 AM
    You can argue this into the ground however you want. I just find it hilarious someone cried over someone being mean to them on the internet.

Sure, I'd understand if this happened in some official mediated VZW forum (or even in person), you would have a valid argument in my opinion. But wow, someone didn't get hugged enough as a child.
    08-28-09 10:23 AM
    You can argue this into the ground however you want. I just find it hilarious someone cried over someone being mean to them on the internet.

Sure, I'd understand if this happened in some official mediated VZW forum (or even in person), you would have a valid argument in my opinion. But wow, someone didn't get hugged enough as a child.
    100% Agree, or they got too much love and when someone finally told this guy off he cried.
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 08-28-09 at 10:52 AM.
    08-28-09 10:30 AM
    It seems like this guy is overreacting. I'd like to point out (because I'm listed in the article) where I ever attacked a customer personally.

Honestly I feel like the reps here are pretty helpful and we help a lot more people than we upset. We upset customers when we're on the clock too. If we tell you the wrong answer, you get mad. If you come on here and post that you want to get around some policy, take advantage of a policy, or whatever. The reps on here will respond more harshly than over the phones but that doesn't mean the response was unjustified.

Really putting someones job on the line is the worst thing you can do. It amazes me that people can take things so personally on an internet forum. If reps do start getting let go. You'll see this sub-forum die quickly. You'll have a bunch of customers asking questions and no one to answer them.

Good luck.
    Well said, appreciate the people here to help, recognize when you're being a selfish pig.
    08-28-09 11:01 AM
    Well said, appreciate the people here to help, recognize when you're being a selfish pig.
    What is this supposed to mean?
    08-28-09 11:10 AM
    For what it is worth if any VZW workers who jhappen to pst here catch flack from that complaint. Direct your supervisors to me.

I'm a VZW customer that hasn't had any problems in this forum.

Reading the 'silly customers' thread has made me appricate my VZW CSRs and given me some much needed laughs during my workday.

At no point have I ever assumed a Poster here was offically representing Verizon.
    08-28-09 01:02 PM
    What is this supposed to mean?
    I don't know the guy, so I am just speculating here - but here goes my thought:

Well said, appreciate the people here to help
    Translation: When someone here helps, thank you.

recognize when you're being a selfish pig.
    Translation: Whether you've helped 1000 people or only one, admit when you're wrong, acting like a buffoon or simply being stupid because the world doesn't revolve around you.

Now I hope he comes back to tell me if I translated English to English well enough.
    08-28-09 02:05 PM
    Ah I see... must have been lost in translation lol
    08-28-09 02:08 PM
    Ah I see... must have been lost in translation lol
    Heh - it seems a lot of things are lost in translation from fingers to eyes, around here.

For me, when I don't understand what someone is trying to convey, I go away, think about it, then return. What gets me into trouble is when I read part or most of something, make assumptions, then respond.

Sometimes the results aren't pretty.

08-28-09 02:13 PM
    Heh - it seems a lot of things are lost in translation from fingers to eyes, around here.

For me, when I don't understand what someone is trying to convey, I go away, think about it, then return. What gets me into trouble is when I read part or most of something, make assumptions, then respond.

Sometimes the results aren't pretty.

Seems like that sometimes has slowly turned into most times
    08-28-09 02:17 PM
278 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD