10-14-09 07:29 AM
278 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I'm sick of hearing about that thread, it's obviously an attempt to blow off steam and not an attack or, my favorite, "abuse" of the customer.
    Notice that no one seems to care about the dozens of other posts by non-vzw employees talking about their customers? Seems a bit strange that no one is speaking out against them. What do I know though.. I'm just a creep that is rude and unhelpful.
    08-25-09 11:54 PM
    Okay now - bear in mind that I have taken great pains to not point fingers or bring up specific examples of rudeness. Those who are guilty of this should (I hope) know who they are. There has been rudeness from all sides - frustration with fans of other carriers coming here to start trouble. Entitlement minded souls who think VZW owes them the world. Repetitive questions where the OP didn't take 10 seconds to notice their question/comment was posted/discussed/answered four threads down. Rude customers. Rude reps. And don't play us to be fools - better than 90% of the people here who've claimed to be reps really are. They know too much to not be. The problem with rep identification is the third-party vendor reps who act as if they are corporate - think rent-a-cops trying to act like real police officers.

But suddenly claiming you're not a rep rings hollow - the rude customers, trolls & troublemakers generally leave on their own after a short while. You all stick around for whatever reason - be it you truly want to help, you're a glutton for punishment, you're incredibly lonely/socially off, a desire to cause trouble or your need for recognition. It cannot be a combination of those reasons - only one can apply to you. Figure it out & go from there.

However, while I haven't been pointing fingers, I have no issue with calling someone out for an unreasonable statement or concept - even though I honestly think tsguy was posting tongue-in-cheek here.

EXACTLY. 100% agree. Why do we get called out? What about the exchange from customers on this forum? Shouldn't they treat us with the same amount of respect?

Maybe I should go post a PFB complaint about CrackBerry and how it's allowing customers to post rude posts here. Then call a few customers out that are regular posters.. hmm.. I may do that!
    This idea would hold water the minute you start paying them hundreds of dollars a month and you find a job other than customer service for a major corporation.

Your position is not one where you can complain about a customer - it is their right to be upset & the CS/Tech's job to correct the upset. It isn't the other way around.

But you knew that already.

Come on, folks - if this is all so upsetting to you, take up reading, politics, religion. Get offline if you can't handle the realities of being online. Don't hang around continually threatening to leave - it looks bad, since there hasn't been an outpouring of calls for you to stay.

And never post anything anywhere that you would not be proud to show your boss, your grandmother, your father AND your preacher without explanation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 12:09 AM
    Your position is not one where you can complain about a customer - it is their right to be upset & the CS/Tech's job to correct the upset. It isn't the other way around.
    Well you see - this is the beauty of the internet(s). I can complain about abusive customers on here.

And in an at work situation we do have customer abuse routes: Just because someone pays money to a company doesn't mean they can't be disconnected for being unreasonable and very rude. It can work both ways. Personally I know of supervisors that have terminated service on the spot due to the customer going beyond the reasonable limit of being upset.

Obviously I'm not speaking of those who actually have legit reasons and problems to post here. I'm talking about those who DEMAND an early upgrade 6 months after they just signed a 2 year contract. The ones who DEMAND they not get a refurbished phone and then want to tell you how much of an ***** you are. The ones who want to bash the company for things that no one should expect. That's all I got beef with on CB.

I hear problems all the time that should be supervisor calls, but I'm able to handle them. I've taken plenty of yelling and cursing from customers and held my cool (most of the time.. I do not let someone run me over, because that's when they feel I'm weak and they need to speak to a supervisor).
    08-26-09 12:22 AM
    Well you see - this is the beauty of the internet(s). I can complain about abusive customers on here.

And in an at work situation we do have customer abuse routes: Just because someone pays money to a company doesn't mean they can't be disconnected for being unreasonable and very rude. It can work both ways. Personally I know of supervisors that have terminated service on the spot due to the customer going beyond the reasonable limit of being upset.

Obviously I'm not speaking of those who actually have legit reasons and problems to post here. I'm talking about those who DEMAND an early upgrade 6 months after they just signed a 2 year contract. The ones who DEMAND they not get a refurbished phone and then want to tell you how much of an ***** you are. The ones who want to bash the company for things that no one should expect. That's all I got beef with on CB.

I hear problems all the time that should be supervisor calls, but I'm able to handle them. I've taken plenty of yelling and cursing from customers and held my cool (most of the time.. I do not let someone run me over, because that's when they feel I'm weak and they need to speak to a supervisor).
    Glad someone finally said it.
    08-26-09 12:25 AM
    I've terminated accounts personally for rude conduct and/or given the referral to have their accounts terminated. The best part is we get to charge the ETF as it's in the contract we can turn you off
    08-26-09 12:35 AM
    I've seen this done by supervisors before. I also have a supervisor who takes pride in saying "no" to customers demanding a new phone when their not eligible. In fact most of us seek him out if we have an escalation over getting a new vs a referb...
    Again I'm glad someone finally said something about what OUR rights are regarding rude behavior.
    But for the most part we take it like champs daily.. and still keep the smile in our voice!
    08-26-09 12:39 AM
    Now I'm scared! Please don't terminate me. I take back everything I've said about any Verizon rep on this forum. You folks are gods and goddesses. You are omnipotent and all seeing. I am unworthy in your presence. Please, oh please don't terminate me.
    Not.
    Again, you guys are a laugh a minute and are keeping me in stiches. Why, I'll probably not be able to go to bed tonight because I'll be wanting to check this thread for more funnies. You guys and gals are alright by me.
    08-26-09 01:08 AM
    I don't see any option to delete an account.
    There are other options too please PM me and I will explain

08-26-09 01:52 AM
    I read thru all of this and I see over and over an enormous outpouring of testimonials proving that complaint is valid. Only a few see it and the rest want to justify their past behaviour.

08-26-09 10:18 AM
    It makes sense I'll admit that that complaint sounds like the first 2 weeks of me posting on here, but as you can see there is no one posting because of this. Most reps are outta here.
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 08-26-09 at 10:23 AM.
    08-26-09 10:21 AM
    Settle down ladies!
    08-26-09 10:56 AM
    I tell people all the time to call in because we can't access their accounts so we really don't know whats going on, besides what we are told by them.
    08-26-09 11:50 AM
    I just think it's rather naive to believe anything you're told on the internet. I work for AT&T. I work for Sprint. Maybe I don't? The people that need to grow up are the ones too lazy to call 611 when they have a problem, rather than running to the internet, then crying when someone flames them.

Want the facts from someone who actually works for and is a representative of VZW (see what I did there?) -- here's a novel idea, call them instead.
    08-26-09 12:00 PM
    100% Agreed. A lot of people would rather save the time and check online than have to go through several people to get issues fixed, but if they don't like it they don't have to come one here.
    08-26-09 12:07 PM
    My favorite part of this thread is that Twins seems to think that when someone helps on these forums, it's supposed to substitute a 611 call.

Or is that only if you "claim" to be from VZW?
    No - it is because that is what people are often doing.

"How much will 5 lines be?"

"What will the ETF be?"

"Can I get VVM on my 8830WE?"

"Can I get an 8900 on VZW?"

"My bill is too high! What should I do?"

It doesn't matter if it is a substitute or not - it is that people think it is.

Online, perception is a more potent issue than is reality for too many, the fact they think they are in conversation with a VZW rep, whether they are or not, is the key.

And let's face it - the people here who say they are reps mostly are. You can twist & deny it all you want, but attempts to cast doubt changes neither perception, nor reality.

Just noticed yet another entry on this at PlanetFeedback, too. What I'd like to know is, what is a Drudoo?

08-26-09 12:35 PM
    [QUOTE=AZX2;3438386]it is that people think it is.

These people are stupid to believe everything read everything on here and take it as truth. I'm supposed to feel bad for them?
    Don't think so.
    08-26-09 12:40 PM
    smh...VZW employees are always to blame for something.
    08-26-09 12:45 PM
    Their delusions of using this as "official support" should be the persecution of people on the internet in a non-VZW sanctioned forum is all I took away from this. Makes perfect sense.
    08-26-09 02:04 PM
    These people are stupid to believe everything read everything on here and take it as truth. I'm supposed to feel bad for them?
    Don't think so.
    Picture this - new user - they run a search engine - results show Verizon Wireless. It is in the title bar and VZW Rep is in the title of the only stickied thread here. They have a question and this may be their first excursion to a chat forum. They see some odd handles, but also some plausible names on a BlackBerry-centric site & lots of claims of people working for the carrier. They want to know how to check their voicemail - maybe program the password to automatically be entered.

And they get an obnoxiously rude answer from someone in the Ask a VZW Rep thread telling them to use search.

What would a reasonable person think?

Not everyone here is married to a BlackBerry - they didn't come here knowing everything about their device or carrier, much less the workings of a chat board or the politics of the site. They picked up something they want to learn about & someone with hundreds of posts, many containing claims of being a VZW rep, dogs them.

Yes - I do feel sorry for them. I feel sorry that they weren't born with a Web spider brain & an IP address for a middle name. But at least they were smart enough to not work along side some of the arrogant people I see responding here.

It happens in the Sprint, AT&T & T-Mobile forums - but these are VZW customers & some here don't care enough about the company that feeds them to take a minute amount of professionalism, decorum, patience & humility to not sully the company reputation.

In reality, it isn't VZW's reputation that is in the mud, it is the poster"s reputation. If someone doesn't care about their own reputation, I guess it is a stretch to assume they might care about someone else's - even when that someone or something else feeds them.

With age, you might see the light.

08-26-09 03:49 PM
    First off I want to say thank you to the people who answer questions and have answered questions in the past. Your effort is appreciated at least by me.

Second point: This is a public forum, as such the persons who work for vzw or have in the past; whom by their own will choose to participate in this forum owe nothing to anybody. At work, you are bound by certain obligations such as pandering to any number of ungrateful, "mean" people and not only being civil to them but holding back every sense of personal identify and replying "thank you sir/ma'ma is there anything else I can help you with." On an public forum you are bound by only the rules of that particular establishment. If you ask a question answered 1000 times, are generally rude, and or simply looking for someone else to lift a finger to help you on a unofficial forum (in terms of its relation to vzw) then you open yourself up to criticism. Just because the posters in questioned have helped someone in the past or work for verizon doesn't mean that they are held to any higher standard than anyone else.

Picture this - new user - they run a search engine - results show Verizon Wireless. It is in the title bar and VZW Rep is in the title of the only stickied thread here. They have a question and this may be their first excursion to a chat forum. They see some odd handles, but also some plausible names on a BlackBerry-centric site & lots of claims of people working for the carrier. They want to know how to check their voicemail - maybe program the password to automatically be entered.

And they get an obnoxiously rude answer from someone in the Ask a VZW Rep thread telling them to use search.

What would a reasonable person think?
    A reasonable person would understand that in a public free forum nothing is official here and all information is provided by the good grace of contributers. Any other assumption would be incorrect. If you have an issue with the general attitude on these forums no one is forcing your hand to stay. However, making the contributers feel that they must defend themselves does nothing but hinder the rest of our experience. It's not like these "reps" are bashing verizon, or disclosing private and or illegal information.
    Last edited by LawP; 08-26-09 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Seems that today my grammar is bad.
    08-26-09 04:49 PM
    While were on here with all these nice people can anyone please tell me why my moving avatar isn't moving? Thanks in advance. (I don't know yet how to start a new thread)
    08-26-09 05:18 PM
    Io don't think moving avatars work here... My information MAY be incorrect an inacurate though.
    As for starting a new thread... There's a button top left in the forum for start a new thread.
    Your welcome!

Welcome too btw

08-26-09 05:31 PM

A reasonable person would understand that in a public free forum nothing is official here and all information is provided by the good grace of contributers.
    We don't deal with reasonable people here - we have people who insist their 12 year old has to have a smartphone.

Any other assumption would be incorrect. If you have an issue with the general attitude on these forums no one is forcing your hand to stay. However, making the contributers feel that they must defend themselves does nothing but hinder the rest of our experience. It's not like these "reps" are bashing verizon, or disclosing private and or illegal information.
    I am sure you're one of those folks who looks the other way when the mayor gets popped for drugs, the governor gets yanked for prostitution, the pop star dies or the quarterback runs dog fights. I mean, they weren't doing this at work, but they sure did help some people.

You separate yourself out or become "better" than the others - more capable, more expert, more visible, you take on additional responsibilities. These people claimed to be VZW reps to make them sound more capable, more expert, to put themselves a notch above everyone else. They used VZW's reputation - if not for VZW's benefit, then for their own advancement. Since they did this without VZW's permission, oversight or for VZW's benefit, doesn't that make them thieves?

In my book, thieves are at the bottom of the heap, to be scorned, not thanked.

There are plenty of enthusiasts who excel at helping out here without puffing their credibility with a carrier's reputation. And there are a few reps here who do the same thing - but only happen to work for a carrier. Some of those work for Sprint & answer questions in the AT&T forums or work for T-Mobile & assist VZW customers.

The people who come here mostly are not telephone experts or chat forum veterans. For you to assume they would know what experts & veterans know is a pretty arrogant assumption.

It's a good thing the vast majority of telecom reps don't come to sites like this - they might be negatively influenced & our service would all go to Hades fast.

08-26-09 05:52 PM
    This is my opinion and in no way reflects the opinion of Verizon Wireless or its affiliates.
    Is this what it has come to? do we all need to make this our signature?
    08-26-09 07:48 PM
    that's what I've decided to do..that way no one can get confused about anything
    08-26-09 07:50 PM
278 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD