10-14-09 08:29 AM
278 12345 ...
tools
    Agreed. This is also good reason to respect the privacy of others here online. It is the right of every member to decide whether or not to disclose real identity. Guessing and public speculation about the identity of users brings nothing positive to the discussions. Deliberately "outing" a member is little more than malicious mischief intended to distress the target, so don't do it.
    I hear that Good Advice, a personal choice and why I'm sneaky and don't mention mine .
    08-24-09 10:41 AM
    Anyone fired yet for posting on an internet forum on your own time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 02:49 PM
    Not yet... But I'm waiting...
    08-24-09 02:52 PM
    Highly doubt it...

My supervisor think's the whole situation is hilarious...
    08-24-09 03:16 PM
    I guess corporate execs wouldn't make a "made up handle" and threaten peoples jobs publicly lol.

08-24-09 04:24 PM
    Something tells me they have better things to do...
    08-24-09 04:25 PM
    Agreed. This is also good reason to respect the privacy of others here online. It is the right of every member to decide whether or not to disclose real identity. Guessing and public speculation about the identity of users brings nothing positive to the discussions. Deliberately "outing" a member is little more than malicious mischief intended to distress the target, so don't do it.
    You mean like all the people saying DesertDogs was me and I was sjsjr & he was msherro who was whomever & I made a few bandwagon comments? At least DDogs got a cryptic explanation, but no one else was banned except the two of us - some fair & balanced treatment there, I tell ya.

Come on - keep it real, leave the grudges behind & stay on topic.

I just love the snide snarkiness of some with perceived power around here.

Heh - snide snarkiness - read that term recently - it fits here, as far as I am concerned.

Actually, with regards to the topic at hand, I was thinking of registering at that site & posting a few comments - will let you know later - unless I again get booted, which means someone else who sounds just like me will be back to tell you.
    08-24-09 06:38 PM
    AZX2 I would just like to point out that I was agreeing with you in that topic sir and was not happy when I found out about the bans. Unfortunately there was nothing I could do about it. I thought this site lost some credibility when they did ban people for nothing worse then a disagreement.

Most Reps on here do help people but some can be a little rude when doing it. Oh well. That is their right. This is not a kindergarten class. I also think that some of the comments are taken out of context. They are thought to be rudeness when in reality they are sarcasm. I for one have never taken offense to anything anyone said here because it is an internet forum and not an officially supported company website.
    08-24-09 07:53 PM
    You mean like all the people saying DesertDogs was me and I was sjsjr & he was msherro who was whomever & I made a few bandwagon comments? At least DDogs got a cryptic explanation, but no one else was banned except the two of us - some fair & balanced treatment there, I tell ya.

Come on - keep it real, leave the grudges behind & stay on topic.

I just love the snide snarkiness of some with perceived power around here.
    Hey, I was hanging that response on your post to *agree* with your comments after I removed a raft more speculation about who is who. No intention to be nasty about it.

I think we should talk, one on one and clear the air. Care to take this to PM or mail for a proper discussion? The offer is open.
    08-24-09 08:45 PM
    Aww I feel a group hug coming on... lol
    08-24-09 11:01 PM
    If people want TRUE help here, then they need to call in or go to the store. Why would they complain when they should be going the proper routes to have their problem fixed? IF you (whoever posted the PFB bs complaint) want good customer service and someone who will say your name with a smile, then call in. This is the only way you will get true customer service. Don't complain that you aren't getting top notch CS on a website that is not even supported by the company that you have an agreement with.

Then you have the audacity to go run your mouth on PFB about something that Verizon Wireless does not even condone. It is not the company's fault so don't try to spread negative feedback on them. The company does not have control over freedom of speech and the use of the internet and especially over CrackBerry posts. So leave VZW out of this.

I really would like to know who posted the feedback, but of course they would be too cowardly to show themselves in this thread.
    08-24-09 11:10 PM
    If people want TRUE help here, then they need to call in or go to the store. Why would they complain when they should be going the proper routes to have their problem fixed? IF you (whoever posted the PFB bs complaint) want good customer service and someone who will say your name with a smile, then call in. This is the only way you will get true customer service. Don't complain that you aren't getting top notch CS on a website that is not even supported by the company that you have an agreement with.

Then you have the audacity to go run your mouth on PFB about something that Verizon Wireless does not even condone. It is not the company's fault so don't try to spread negative feedback on them. The company does not have control over freedom of speech and the use of the internet and especially over CrackBerry posts. So leave VZW out of this.

I really would like to know who posted the feedback, but of course they would be too cowardly to show themselves in this thread.
    Ralph did not really complain about customer service on CB. He did say "there is some good info, but mostly bad." So you and he agree on this account.
    He did believe that "people who claim they work for Verizon Wireless...do not act like I would expect Verizon employees to act." He felt that VZW should "Uphold a standard that if any employee claims to represent the company, they are to act in a manner appropriate to the company reputation." As some have stated in this thread, all major corps do this and I believe that if VZW knew the ID of anyone on CB or another forum that purported to be a VZW employee they would take appropriate action that would probably begin with cease and desist.
    In this case the company does have control of speech of anyone representing the company on or off the clock.
    Also, have you read the PFB page today. There is one person who said, "Either VZW can change their policies, fire these bozos or they can do
    without my business." Going a step further another stated, "I switched to AT&T because of how the dolts treated me and I couldn't be happier."
    Not good for Verizon.
    It is interesting that you and others have such a thin skin but you expect anyone who calls you on something should have thick skin.
    I started using CB for good info on my BB and my carrier. Now I cruise the forum to see the bickering. It is good for a few laughs, especially at the expense of the "VZW reps."
    08-24-09 11:53 PM
    Ralph did not really complain about customer service on CB. He did say "there is some good info, but mostly bad." So you and he agree on this account.
    He did believe that "people who claim they work for Verizon Wireless...do not act like I would expect Verizon employees to act." He felt that VZW should "Uphold a standard that if any employee claims to represent the company, they are to act in a manner appropriate to the company reputation." As some have stated in this thread, all major corps do this and I believe that if VZW knew the ID of anyone on CB or another forum that purported to be a VZW employee they would take appropriate action that would probably begin with cease and desist.
    In this case the company does have control of speech of anyone representing the company on or off the clock.
    Also, have you read the PFB page today. There is one person who said, "Either VZW can change their policies, fire these bozos or they can do
    without my business." Going a step further another stated, "I switched to AT&T because of how the dolts treated me and I couldn't be happier."
    Not good for Verizon.
    It is interesting that you and others have such a thin skin but you expect anyone who calls you on something should have thick skin.
    I started using CB for good info on my BB and my carrier. Now I cruise the forum to see the bickering. It is good for a few laughs, especially at the expense of the "VZW reps."
    He is still complaining about what he believes is mostly bad customer service on this site by VZW employees. This is what prompted him to write PFB. My problem with that is - why complain about a company that does not have control over this site and free speech outside the workplace? Of course they can take disciplinary actions, but really - where would they start? VZW has 10s of thousands of employees and would even have to obtain court orders to release the true identities of those who post here.

Not to mention those who claim to work for VZW and don't actually work for VZW. How is VZW supposed to handle those? They can't. So again - no need to post PFB on something a COMPANY cannot control. They can't control freedom of speech, because they don't have the means to control it. The policy is set in place and is enforced while on the clock and off the clock if proven by substantial evidence. No other wording in that policy can change the outcome of this whole PFB complaint.

Really - I doubt anyone let Crackberry users change their mind and make them switch from VZW to ATT. Sounds like a lot of BS in the PFB post to tell you the truth. And if that was a true case, then they really need to rethink how serious they take the internet. Probably believe everything they read in the tabloids too.

Finally, just because I defend my name on here doesn't mean I have thin skin. I want people to know the other side of the story since I was personally mentioned in this feedback. If anything I have to have thick skin to deal with people each and every day who want to curse me out. That's when I get to sit back and laugh at their expense.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 08-25-09 at 12:19 AM.
    08-25-09 12:17 AM
    This is exactly why I just stay at home and don't work...my hubby won't fire be for being rude, he loves me like that
    08-25-09 12:50 AM
    If I got pulled in and talked to I'd say look at my faq thread. Its gotten 6700 views assume half of those would have been call ins if they wouldn't have read that's about $ 33,500 I've saved the company.

Just as a devils advocate aside. That would probably not be the correct route to go. Companies really don't want to know about what work you do for them off the clock. If you tell them what you did and such, that makes them liable for the hours and wages, which no company wants to deal with.
    08-25-09 03:45 AM
    It seems as if anyone from VZW, or any carrier for that matter, should just not answer any threads that pertain to the company, policy, or procedure. Because when we do, someone doesn't like what was said and whines to PFB. But then what happens? Then these people will still ask questions about their carrier and they won't get answers or get incorrect answers by people who "think they know how it works" and then they call/go into a store and say, "I was told this on Crackberry." At that point we would have to say, "I'm sorry but that's not the policy and it's never been that way." And now we run into the situation where people are even more dissatisfied because they were given false information on a website. Then, they'll run to PFB, AGAIN, and complain because the CSR refused to do what they thought they would be able to do.

Seems like a catch 22...either we help and people hate us...or we don't help and people hate VZW(or any other carrier). Seems lose-lose to me.
    08-25-09 11:13 AM
    Nope... Oh and this sup brought it up to me as he'd seen the thread at home while cruising crackberry. He knows I'm a member and he and some of my other supervisor collegues agree with the tech consensus here... However, we also agree that the techs should take a low profile for a bit. I do the best I can, just like when I'm on the phone to look up said question to make sure I'm giving most acurate information possible, others here do as well. Lastraid I know for sure does the same thing I do. We'll just have to cool it for a while.
    I'm gonna take some time off from posting enless its necessary. I take enough from my customers on the phone, I don't need it on the net as well.

08-25-09 11:38 AM
    Seems like a catch 22...either we help and people hate us...or we don't help and people hate VZW(or any other carrier). Seems lose-lose to me.
    Not really, Jake - there is a difference in saying something like, "this is what VZW does" and "I work for VZW, so I know what I am talking about & you're a whining entitlement-minded lowlife.."

I mean, correct info is correct info, regardless of who you are. Insults & impatience, while commonplace online, should not be coming from someone who has identified themselves as an employee of any company.

Here is my solution - admittedly not an easy one - for the people who have ever identified themselves as a carrier rep in whatever capacity who ever have or feel they might in the future respond here in a manner not consistent with their employer's policies, delete your account. Then select a different handle & start fresh - this time without telling a soul where you work. If someone asks how you know what you know, simply say you've been there, done that.

Or, if you've always walked the tight & narrow, having written nothing you wouldn't mind taking credit for in front of the board of directors, stay your current course.

------------

As for Branta's gracious invitation above, I will be taking up his offer - as soon as I can do it without sounding snarky & snide.

08-25-09 02:58 PM
    That would be why no names are involved...Heather... But it seems like as long as all rules are followed there's no problem
    08-25-09 03:08 PM
    Maybe you don't understand what I'm saying. The fact that he posted it on PFB is laughable. There is nothing VZW did wrong and nothing they can do. I'm not a troll - my track record proves that. However I'm pretty much done with this site all together.

Agreed. I will posting less & less.
    08-25-09 03:15 PM
    Agreed. I will posting less & less.
    Disagree. I'm not going to let this scare me off
    08-25-09 03:16 PM
    The rule was already broken.

What rule? Saying that you are a Verizon Rep is against the rules as simple as that?
    08-25-09 03:17 PM
    Disagree. I'm not going to let this scare me off
    It's not about scaring you off. It's about the principle, if we're not appreciated here for the help, why do it? Let the users here guess if they have a question.
    08-25-09 03:17 PM
    It's not about scaring you off. It's about the principle, if we're not appreciated here for the help, why do it? Let the users here guess if they have a question.
    Oh ok I see what you're saying...
    08-25-09 03:20 PM
    OK I'm getting it now, I guess we will all just fade away and they can get back to relying on others to post... doubt it though
    08-25-09 03:28 PM
278 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD