278 1234 ...
tools
    At least someone understands.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 09:14 PM
    How am I a creep anyways?

08-23-09 09:17 PM
    To be honest I have been a customer with Verizon for like 7 years and I can't see myself going anywhere else. I had many issues but none that were never taken care of by customer service immediately. The 2 months that I have been on this site I really gained a lot of knowledge and it saved me a lot of time instead of calling into customer service. To those Verizon employees I thank you and I wish you the best and I hope everything works out for you guys.
    08-23-09 09:20 PM

You just are... but thats why we love you.
    Apparently you're not the only one though...
    08-23-09 09:22 PM
    To be honest I have been a customer with Verizon for like 7 years and I can't see myself going anywhere else. I had many issues but none that were never taken care of by customer service immediately. The 2 months that I have been on this site I really gained a lot of knowledge and it saved me a lot of time instead of calling into customer service. To those Verizon employees I thank you and I wish you the best and I hope everything works out for you guys.
    Thank you
    08-23-09 09:23 PM
    By the way Heather I don't know if that's your real name, but if it is maybe you should consider changing your user name?
    08-23-09 09:25 PM
    You just are... but thats why we love you.
    Apparently you're not the only one though...
    If they only knew what my "made up" handle really meant.

I guess were all creeps. Geeze. Of course the person who wrote the letter won't come out and announce it.

08-23-09 09:25 PM
    I dont want to wager a guess on who I think it is... I have a couple in mind...
    I liked the contradiction of "made up" handle too...
    08-23-09 09:29 PM
    Do they expect us to use our real full names or uswins?

08-23-09 09:31 PM
    so much for aminimity of the internet...

oh my I just spelled that sooo wrong... or did I?
    I'm going to bed so that I can get up at the CRACK of dawn to come to work and take calls HAPPILY at 6a.
    08-23-09 09:34 PM
    Isn't it ironic some of the best reps here got mentioned. I guess i'm one of the complicit mods. . Seriously thou the vzw reps I know here are great and nothing but helpful to other CB members. And if they DO get out of line I would have no problem waiving my "mod stick" at them.

08-23-09 09:36 PM
    Isn't it ironic some of the best reps here got mentioned. I guess i'm one of the complicit mods. . Seriously thou the vzw reps I know here are great and nothing but helpful to other CB members. And if they DO get out of line I would have no problem waiving my "mod stick" at them.

Keep waving!!!!

oh yeah... I'm going to bed... LMAO
    08-23-09 09:40 PM
    so much for aminimity of the internet...

oh my I just spelled that sooo wrong... or did I?
    I'm going to bed so that I can get up at the CRACK of dawn to come to work and take calls HAPPILY at 6a.
    I thought you were a retail rep?

08-23-09 09:46 PM
    People don't know we pay off the mods here? Geeze I thought that was public info

08-23-09 09:47 PM
    I thought you were a retail rep?

That whole stalker thing, THAT'S what makes you a creep....

08-23-09 09:48 PM
    I think ALL of us are guilty of being a-holes on occasion.
    Yes, but not all claim to be reps.

I didn't read the responses. I just did so now. I hadn't realized people got called out. That is over the line, plain and simple.
    It is over the line - but notice it was one of the replies. I could speculate as to the possibilities of who wrote that reply, but why bother - my suspects don't post here anymore.

Besides - it might get me banned again.

If I got pulled in and talked to I'd say look at my faq thread. Its gotten 6700 views assume half of those would have been call ins if they wouldn't have read that's about $ 33,500 I've saved the company.
    Don't believe those numbers - the average forum sees the view totals inflated by search engine or spammer spiders & bots. A good Webmaster will tell you as much as 90% of the view numbers are from automated scanners. Then the base settings for vBulletin calculate a view per user per day or whenever someone views a new reply.

I have no doubt the admins here have left most of the options at the base settings - they can't even figure out how to clean up the language filter.

Good call weekendbum...
    THey also should consider when we post major issues that prevents our 200 deep queue from going 400 deep...
    This site is not that big, nor is it that dramatic a force in the mobile phone world. What it might do is actually increase the calls, because some people learn something is wrong with their phone that they'd not noticed before. Or they see something posted they wouldn't have cared about - until they saw it.

You can read all you want to into the million member claims - I would be comfortable saying there are probably less than 500 regular participants.

I know a huge number of smartphone owners - mention Crackberry to the vast majority of them & they respond with a blank stare. Those who know about it don't come here, because their lives don't revolve around their phones. And a very few of the ones who know of this site"s existence & others like it do say they are full of sphincters.

Do the people that are mentioned actually work for Verizon?
    All on that list have claimed they do and have posted as if they did.

What gets me is I was left off the list - while I have never claimed or alluded to being a VZW rep, I have been accused of it far too many times.

You're not. You're just one of the more visible. And you know what they say - you're known by the company you keep. . j/k!

08-23-09 09:50 PM
    That whole stalker thing, THAT'S what makes you a creep....

I'm sitting outside her store right now muahaahaha

I am a pretty blunt person, and in my first few months here, I posted something sarcastic to someone and got my hands slapped.....the things I've seen here since then make my poor lil post pale in comparison.

That said, I don't think rudeness is called for, but in any forum, you run the risk that someone is going to be offended by a reply--if you don't 'dress' it up right, if you don't give them the answer they want, or even if you make a joke they don't like.

And then of course there is the notion that all people who post in a forum are saying things they'd NEVER say in 'real' life-lol Whenever I read that I say (ala Bugs Bunny) "they don't know me very well, do they?" LOL
    The accusation of people telling him to PM them his personal information so they could help him is that true or not?
    08-23-09 10:00 PM
    The accusation of people telling him to PM them his personal information so they could help him is that true or not?
    A scroll through the VZW Rep sticky thread has many instances of it, plus assorted other places on the site.

I have warned people on numerous occasions to never PM anyone that info. Some folks are far too trusting.

Or, they think this site is sanctioned by VZW.
    08-23-09 10:37 PM
    Has it occurred to anyone that the OP on the planetfeedback thread may be an employee? You'll notice one of the things the person is complaining about is reps giving away hints on getting multifrued. And honestly, people trying to play the system is a pain in the rear for anybody working call centers or retail stores, but wouldn't affect a customer all that much. (Other than possibly increasing their bill...)

And before anybody asks, I didn't do it. Heh.

I also have to agree with Mikestorm. People should not be in forum-fanboy mode if they're publicly displaying their employer on their sleeve. Yes, sometimes we need to rant, but we have each other for that. I did suggest to a mod sometime back the idea of a carrier-employee-only forum where carrier workers could blow off steam, but I don't know if anything came of it.
    Last edited by Polychrome; 08-23-09 at 11:20 PM.
    08-23-09 11:17 PM
    Everyone is human and has an opinion. I say as long as the person is not on the clock they should be able to poke fun at stupid people online. Who cares? If someone is stupid is it wrong to say it and laugh? Just my opinion.
    08-24-09 12:09 AM
    Everyone is human and has an opinion. I say as long as the person is not on the clock they should be able to poke fun at stupid people online. Who cares? If someone is stupid is it wrong to say it and laugh? Just my opinion.
    I think that is everyone's opinion - but the minute you tell everyone you work for Carrier X or Credit Card Y, you become a representative of that company. It doesn't matter if you are on the clock or not.

And this applies for nearly any company - the larger ones do have entries in their employee policies dictating that you will not do anything, on or off the clock, that negatively reflects on the company. I know AT&T and Sprint both have these types of stipulations. Alaska Airlines said their employees couldn't smoke. Insight Direct & GoDaddy both say employees cannot smoke on workdays - not at break, lunch, nothing. Interstate Batteries & Chick-FilI-A prohibit their employees from using foul language Most companies will fire you if you do crack while on vacation. In Amsterdam.

If you want to be one of the members & do stupid stuff, fine - that is your prerogative. Just don't drag the company that feeds you into the mud and the only way to do both is to not tell anyone here where you work. Let your knowledge & integrity carry you, without using the company you work for be an unwilling credibility crutch.

I am proud of my company - I own it. I can't be fired, disciplined, suspended or sent home if I want to come in shirtless & shoeless. Letting everyone know my company name would bolster my standing, my reputation & my credibility. It would also allow me to brag in a way that would puff me up. But I have never once mentioned my company's name or anything which might tip anyone off to it - not in the forums & not in PMs. I don't give my PIN or email address. Why? Because I don't want anything to bite me or my company in the tail & because I also know there are nutcases online I am not here to sell anything, so why even go there?

I have a sneaking suspicion this very public online complaint will have repercussions for many. At the very least, I can see VZW reiterating policy to their employees & possibly even demanding the Ask a VZW Rep thread be shut down.

08-24-09 01:39 AM
    I think that is everyone's opinion - but the minute you tell everyone you work for Carrier X or Credit Card Y, you become a representative of that company. It doesn't matter if you are on the clock or not.
    Basically, what this guy said.

I've seen more than a few reps get snippy with customers on the forum, and the way I see it, way too many people are thinking that the internet is somehow "free" of consequences.

But it isn't. Anything you do on the internet can come back to bite you, on a personal level if not a corporate one. Trust me, I know. I'm currently working on a book, but frankly, I have to deal with the fact that if I get published, somebody might dig up the old (and horribly awful) Mary-Sue fanfics I wrote in high school over a decade ago. Even if I were to use a Psuedonym, I've already blogged what I'm working on and posted some of my illustrations to deviantart, so that's done for.

Won't kill me, but I'm sure there will be a few laughs at my expense in the future.

When you work for VZW, then jump on a forum and respond to everything with "nobody's holding a gun to your head" or "just cancel already", you're basically telling the customer VZW doesn't care and that all the preconcieved (sp?) notions that a customer has about big corporations being evil are absolutely correct. Doubtful anybody will get fired, but it sure as heck would make my overnight shift just that much more boring if Crackberry.com was removed from the corporate internet whitelist. Just sayin'.

I realize it's not much fun to have somebody jump on a forum and shout accusations at you. Definitely not anymore fun than getting it on the phone. And yes, some of them are genuine trolls. But others are customers who are looking for an outlet as much as we are. The key is to stay on the higher ground. If they really are just a **** or an *****, then nobody will contest the fact. Moral of the story: Don't say anything on the internet that you wouldn't say to a person's face.
    08-24-09 02:41 AM
    But I have never once mentioned my company's name or anything which might tip anyone off to it - not in the forums & not in PMs. I don't give my PIN or email address. Why? Because I don't want anything to bite me or my company in the tail & because I also know there are nutcases online I am not here to sell anything, so why even go there?

Agreed. This is also good reason to respect the privacy of others here online. It is the right of every member to decide whether or not to disclose real identity. Guessing and public speculation about the identity of users brings nothing positive to the discussions. Deliberately "outing" a member is little more than malicious mischief intended to distress the target, so don't do it.
    08-24-09 09:27 AM
278 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD