10-14-09 08:29 AM
278 ... 9101112
tools

Really putting someones job on the line is the worst thing you can do. It amazes me that people can take things so personally on an internet forum.
    If reps do start getting let go. You'll see this sub-forum die quickly. You'll have a bunch of customers asking questions and no one to answer them.

Good luck.

This is amazing to me about this forum. People are so serious. Te other forums I visit are softballfans, and some of the stupid funny stuff over there would get people to tears here.
    10-10-09 11:39 AM
    This is amazing to me about this forum. People are so serious. Te other forums I visit are softballfans, and some of the stupid funny stuff over there would get people to tears here.
    Serious, touchy, uptight...

Seriously, don't touch me, as I will get all uptight.
    10-10-09 01:33 PM
    At least someone is thinking of you guys/gals. Love and Peace!!!!
    10-10-09 01:39 PM
    There is a difference between "so serious" and "mature." Its a fine line but for the most part the majority of the people that post on here often are mature individuals that dont like the BS.

Most of the people that come in here starting trouble signed up 2 days ago and have no knowledge about what they are talking about.
    10-10-09 02:17 PM
    Wll I guess the conduct and behavior of folks will be perfect when PIGS fly. Therefore, we are all perfect.

The attached is proof of this. Taken on 10/9/2009 in the skies over Albuquerque NM.
    10-10-09 03:48 PM
    Man a lot of people have said things when pig fly probably have to live up to what they said now.
    10-10-09 03:50 PM
    They said "when pigs fly"... and then... swine flu...
    10-10-09 04:00 PM
    Bush is responsible for Swine Flu, don't you know?
    10-10-09 04:02 PM
    okay swine flu. Okay if the pig does not do it for you, then maybe this guy will scar you sraight.
    10-10-09 04:02 PM
    Flying pigs exist. So do flying toasters. I used to see them on my screensavers all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 04:04 PM
    I have about 800 pictures if the fiesta so far. Wish I could post them all. There are some great special shapes this year
    10-10-09 04:38 PM
    just FYI twins, you're at 4,008 posts as of right now
    10-10-09 08:16 PM
    This thread hasn't seen much traffic lately.

For those who say that it can't happen, here's a story about two individuals who were disciplined for their actions outside of work when it was decided that they were representing their employer.

St. Lucie deputies reprimanded, one for making fun of disabled man, another for rudeness to public TCPalm.com
    10-13-09 08:17 PM
    This thread hasn't seen much traffic lately.

For those who say that it can't happen, here's a story about two individuals who were disciplined for their actions outside of work when it was decided that they were representing their employer.

St. Lucie deputies reprimanded, one for making fun of disabled man, another for rudeness to public TCPalm.com
    not a good example....these are sheriff officers...public peace keepers who are acting face to face, not customer service representatives who are acting behind anonymity on the internet...

besides government agents can be held to the "unbecoming to officers" or "disrespectful to the badge"....

hourly entry level agents prolly don't have as much against em, then again, they're easier to fire and replace....
    10-13-09 08:43 PM
    Besides, police are always on duty. I'm not. When I clock out there is NOTHING saying I HAVE to be nice.

10-13-09 08:46 PM
    Bad example because they were obviously disciplined for "conduct unbecoming an officer of the law". If they were normal employees of another company they could not be disciplined for their actions, HOWEVER if they were to invoke their employment, perhaps saying "How does a one armed man text, we would have to make special phones at XYZ Company for you." Then they can be held accountable for that conduct because their actions shed a negative light on the company.
    10-13-09 08:59 PM
    The anonymity of the Internet goes away when you say, "I work for ______" or "I am a cop" or whatever. At that point, you just involved an involuntary employer.

Anyway, I asked a nice lady manager I know from the Chandler center about this. She told me that VZW absolutely does discipline & terminate for this kind of behavior and that those who think otherwise probably aren't long in their employment.

So, mock at your own peril.

10-13-09 09:02 PM
    Yep, when you are on your own time your company can't do a thing about what you do online.

Or can they?

FACEBOOK FIRED: 8% of US Companies Have Sacked Social Media Miscreants
    10-13-09 09:09 PM
    Bad example because they were obviously disciplined for "conduct unbecoming an officer of the law". If they were normal employees of another company they could not be disciplined for their actions, HOWEVER if they were to invoke their employment, perhaps saying "How does a one armed man text, we would have to make special phones at XYZ Company for you." Then they can be held accountable for that conduct because their actions shed a negative light on the company.
    If this was a Verizon call center versus their supplier softball game and two individuals embarrassed Verizon by acting in the same manner, do you believe that Verizon would look the other way if complaints came in about the Verizon employee who acted like a fool?

At-Will Employment - Workplace Fairness
    10-13-09 09:32 PM
    If this was a Verizon call center versus their supplier softball game and two individuals embarrassed Verizon by acting in the same manner, do you believe that Verizon would look the other way if complaints came in about the Verizon employee who acted like a fool?

At-Will Employment - Workplace Fairness
    Since this is a company softball team you are technically representing the company so they could probably fire you.

If you were on a private softball team and did the same thing and someone complained to your employer they would have not right to fire you based on your conduct because you were not representing the company. But again, if you bring the company into the picture then you are now representing them.
    10-13-09 09:46 PM
    This thread has seriously outlived its usefulness. Time for a lock.
    10-13-09 09:51 PM
    Why a lock? First of all, we're being civil. Secondly, those of us with real world business experience are giving back to the reps here by letting them know that they should watch what they do and say in forums.

We value their assistance and don't want to see them put their employment in peril when helping others.
    10-13-09 09:59 PM
    Why a lock? First of all, we're being civil. Secondly, those of us with real world business experience are giving back to the reps here by letting them know that they should watch what they do and say in forums.

We value their assistance and don't want to see them put their employment in peril when helping others.
    The whole original post has done exactly what you're talking about not seeing happening. Let's face it, when you submit on planetfeedback, executive relations gets ahold of it and that is that. Perhaps a different thread--rep appreciation-- would be better. This one has definitely outlived its usefulness.
    10-13-09 10:06 PM
    i've been reprimanded by VZW for public actions on forums such as crackberry....it sucks.
    10-13-09 10:21 PM
    This thread has seriously outlived its usefulness. Time for a lock.
    so then report a post and ask to have it locked if you feel that way. pfft.
    10-13-09 10:23 PM
278 ... 9101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD