10-14-09 07:29 AM
278 123 ...
tools
    Public Employee Conduct | Verizon Wireless (Cell Phones) | PlanetFeedback

I can't believe someone actually made a complaint like that. Well, Verizon Wireless employees better watch out! LOL!
    08-22-09 11:06 PM
    Employees do have to be very careful what they post.

I read that planet feedback letter yesterday and thought it was childish because employees from all carriers post on these forums and other forums. Why single out Verizon Wireless?
    08-23-09 07:57 AM
    Aside from the 'Things our customers say that just make us laugh' thread, which is of questionable appropriateness, for the most part the VZW reps who post here are very helpful.

Of course, when a customer comes here to outright bash VZW or its policies. I think there's a (completely understandable) psychological tendency for the VZW reps to take this personally and often times attack the OP.

Also, keep in mind that these poor souls deal with stupid, pig headed, stubborn, selfish morons on a day in and day out basis that always seem to want something for nothing (I don't work for VZW - I'm a customer so I can say that) and if they complain long enough and loudly enough, they invariably eventually get there way. That has to weigh on a person's sense of justice over time.

That being said, since many of the issues posted on this forum mirror what is dealt with on the job, I think there's an (equally understandable) subconscious tendency to use this forum as an opportunity to vent their frustration at and in some cases personally attack customers without the consequence of doing it on the job.

However, when it's on the internet, it's rarely completely without consequence.
    08-23-09 08:36 AM
    Aside from the 'Things our customers say that just make us laugh' thread, which is of questionable appropriateness, for the most part the VZW reps who post here are very helpful.

Of course, when a customer comes here to outright bash VZW or its policies. I think there's a (completely understandable) psychological tendency for the VZW reps to take this personally and often times attack the OP.

Also, keep in mind that these poor souls deal with stupid, pig headed, stubborn, selfish morons on a day in and day out basis that always seem to want something for nothing (I don't work for VZW - I'm a customer so I can say that) and if they complain long enough and loudly enough, they invariably eventually get there way. That has to weigh on a person's sense of justice over time.

That being said, since many of the issues posted on this forum mirror what is dealt with on the job, I think there's an (equally understandable) subconscious tendency to use this forum as an opportunity to vent their frustration at and in some cases personally attack customers without the consequence of doing it on the job.

However, when it's on the internet, it's rarely completely without consequence.
    Well stated.
    08-23-09 09:15 AM
    Its not only for Verizon but every employee. At work and even when out of work you are representing the company and it not only reflects you but the company you represent.
    08-23-09 09:19 AM
    Awesome, I'm famous now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yeah and a few other names I see alot on the forum LOL , this will be a thread to see how all respond back to

sounds like there was shots at everyone on the forum , said there was a bunch of "stupid Kids and goons too " ROFL
    I dont agree about the "stupid or goon" part as far as kids oh well wtf its open to all

Creeps with madeup handles like blueandbold, tsguy, weekendbum,
    vatothe, bluerskyes, heatherlaw and others who don't have a clue as to
    how to treat people and who don't know how to help
    .... oh forgot creeps too
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-23-09 at 09:32 AM. Reason: added stuff
    08-23-09 09:22 AM
    For the record, I vehemently disagree with 'Ralph S.' the letter poster.

He probably got his feelings hurt by a thread here, and his response is to threaten the very livelihood of those that wronged him.

A complete overreaction. You're messing with people's jobs here.
    08-23-09 09:32 AM
    Employees do have to be very careful what they post.

I read that planet feedback letter yesterday and thought it was childish because employees from all carriers post on these forums and other forums. Why single out Verizon Wireless?
    The answer to your question is because RALPH IS A VZW CUSTOMER! Why would he complain about ATT employees on crackberry? Have you ever seen a complaint on THIS forum that complains about multiple carriers? Nope.
    The childish part is the employees that make fun of their customers.
    I read the other major carrier's forums here and they don't go to the effort put forth on this one to diminish their customers like some VZW (claimed) employees do.
    08-23-09 09:43 AM
    For the record, I vehemently disagree with 'Ralph S.' the letter poster.

He probably got his feelings hurt by a thread here, and his response is to threaten the very livelihood of those that wronged him.

A complete overreaction. You're messing with people's jobs here.
    Perhaps, but it is conceptually still in the ballpark - and more than one seems to have had similar experiences here. We have seen some of the complaints within this very forum.

Yes, there are reps from all companies here - but all it takes is one experience to tarnish a reputation in the minds of many. Someone might have a bad experience in a VZW store - they forget about years of good phone service. They head into an AT&T store, get good service & a screaming phone deal, and they are now an AT&T customer. It doesn't matter to them that, on any given day, the opposite may happen where AT&T treats him poorly & VZW might come through

There is a simple solution - if you can't control your every word & be 100% in a customer service mode, don't even brag who you work for. Don't mention it, don't put it in your profile, don't make reference to company employee-specific information in any way & never use it to bolster your position.

As an employer, I don't have any need for people who would shed anything less than a perfect light on my company. Aside from theft or other integrity issues, I don't care what my people do in their own time - but bring my company into it and your employment outlook will suddenly become very bleak.

It takes many encounters to build trust, but only one to destroy it.
    The answer to your question is because RALPH IS A VZW CUSTOMER! Why would he complain about ATT employees on crackberry? Have you ever seen a complaint on THIS forum that complains about multiple carriers? Nope.
    The childish part is the employees that make fun of their customers.
    I read the other major carrier's forums here and they don't go to the effort put forth on this one to diminish their customers like some VZW (claimed) employees do.
    Outstanding points, Bob.
    08-23-09 09:54 AM
    I don't disagree Bob that employees should not be making fun of customers on a public forum. Its not a very good practice and is hugely frowned upon.

I guess I am basing my opinion on many different forums I visit. Want to see a bunch of e-thugs? Head over and read ShopTalk at phonescoop.com. How those people still have jobs boggles the mind.
    08-23-09 10:16 AM
    Perhaps, but it is conceptually still in the ballpark - and more than one seems to have had similar experiences here. We have seen some of the complaints within this very forum.

Yes, there are reps from all companies here - but all it takes is one experience to tarnish a reputation in the minds of many. Someone might have a bad experience in a VZW store - they forget about years of good phone service. They head into an AT&T store, get good service & a screaming phone deal, and they are now an AT&T customer. It doesn't matter to them that, on any given day, the opposite may happen where AT&T treats him poorly & VZW might come through

There is a simple solution - if you can't control your every word & be 100% in a customer service mode, don't even brag who you work for. Don't mention it, don't put it in your profile, don't make reference to company employee-specific information in any way & never use it to bolster your position.

As an employer, I don't have any need for people who would shed anything less than a perfect light on my company. Aside from theft or other integrity issues, I don't care what my people do in their own time - but bring my company into it and your employment outlook will suddenly become very bleak.

It takes many encounters to build trust, but only one to destroy it.
    I would have to agree with you. I guess it's just an unfortunate situation all around. Based on feedback that we've heard from other people about how quickly VZW acts on issues posted to that site, I suspect there will be repercussions.

I'm just hopeful it's a memo and not a witch hunt.
    08-23-09 10:22 AM
    I'm just hopeful it's a memo and not a witch hunt.
    True, true. Sometimes people just need to be set straight & they are fine from that point forward.

All in all though, in all the years I've held someone's employment in my hands, I've never had to fire anyone. They fired themselves.

08-23-09 02:56 PM
    Noone complained about me????? I feel left out
    08-23-09 07:45 PM
    Noone complained about me????? I feel left out
    Maybe you're just not trying hard enough like those mentioned.
    Last edited by jahoobob; 08-23-09 at 07:51 PM. Reason: add last three words
    08-23-09 07:50 PM
    It seems like this guy is overreacting. I'd like to point out (because I'm listed in the article) where I ever attacked a customer personally.

Honestly I feel like the reps here are pretty helpful and we help a lot more people than we upset. We upset customers when we're on the clock too. If we tell you the wrong answer, you get mad. If you come on here and post that you want to get around some policy, take advantage of a policy, or whatever. The reps on here will respond more harshly than over the phones but that doesn't mean the response was unjustified.

Really putting someones job on the line is the worst thing you can do. It amazes me that people can take things so personally on an internet forum. If reps do start getting let go. You'll see this sub-forum die quickly. You'll have a bunch of customers asking questions and no one to answer them.

Good luck.
    08-23-09 07:55 PM
    It seems like this guy is overreacting. I'd like to point out (because I'm listed in the article) where I ever attacked a customer personally.

Honestly I feel like the reps here are pretty helpful and we help a lot more people than we upset. We upset customers when we're on the clock too. If we tell you the wrong answer, you get mad. If you come on here and post that you want to get around some policy, take advantage of a policy, or whatever. The reps on here will respond more harshly than over the phones but that doesn't mean the response was unjustified.

Really putting someones job on the line is the worst thing you can do. It amazes me that people can take things so personally on an internet forum. If reps do start getting let go. You'll see this sub-forum die quickly. You'll have a bunch of customers asking questions and no one to answer them.

Good luck.
    I couldnt have said it better myself... I didnt get a chance to read the letter until just now... since I'm now OFF the clock.
    The actual letter didnt get to me as much as some of the responses. The response mentioning names, I'm sure we can figure out who that was... Thats a non-issue.
    Come ON... I guess we're just going to have to stop helping since it apparently "isnt" help.
    08-23-09 08:19 PM
    Maybe you're just not trying hard enough like those mentioned.
    Must be because I am not, nor do I claim to be a rep, I am pretty good at being an a-hole though, so I figured I would at least get an honorable mention

08-23-09 08:42 PM
    Must be because I am not, nor do I claim to be a rep, I am pretty good at being an a-hole though, so I figured I would at least get an honorable mention

LMAO!!! dude; you are so right... you should get an honerable mention... I think ALL of us are guilty of being a-holes on occasion.
    08-23-09 08:49 PM
    I didn't read the responses. I just did so now. I hadn't realized people got called out. That is over the line, plain and simple.
    08-23-09 08:55 PM
    If I got pulled in and talked to I'd say look at my faq thread. Its gotten 6700 views assume half of those would have been call ins if they wouldn't have read that's about $ 33,500 I've saved the company.

08-23-09 08:55 PM
    Good call weekendbum...
    THey also should consider when we post major issues that prevents our 200 deep queue from going 400 deep...
    08-23-09 08:58 PM
    Do the people that are mentioned actually work for Verizon?
    08-23-09 09:06 PM
    dunno...
    08-23-09 09:07 PM
    Nope I don't.

08-23-09 09:09 PM
    Okay because I would really hate to see people lose their jobs especially in today's economy over such a thing.
    08-23-09 09:13 PM
278 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD