10-15-09 06:49 PM
55 123
tools
    Yes, your car chargers are cheaper but what kind of warranty do they have? If someone comes to a corporate location with some cheap offbrand car charger, we cant do anything other than sell them a new one if its broke. If they bought it here (for the 10 extra dollars) they get their charger swapped out for a new one if its within the first year.
    And either way, you often get a no-name piece.

OEM BlackBerry magnetic leather belt holsters, complete with the metal BlackBerry logo @ one of the local auth retailer chains: $14.99.

Black leather holster @ VZW (selection may vary) $24.99 to $34.99. Take away the 25% VIP discount & you realize you're not such a VIP.

Had to do a facility inspect early this AM at one of the larger resellers here - they have a site on the roof. Manager was there to let me in. They have signs all over - professional looking signs, without a handwritten or computer print one in sight - advertising their protection plans & extended warranties. The signs advertise only new replacements & even compare their product with carrier offerings.

In fact, so many of their signs compared their service with carrier stores - usually lower prices, better service & no add-on contracts.

And every phone comes with a free accessory pack - choice of case, vehicle charger, screen protector & wired handsfree - with upgrade packages available.

The funny thing is, these stores typically face a major intersection - you can't miss them - the stores in the same structure face the parking lot: Starbucks, a game shop & a SPRINT corporate store.

Based on my personal comparisons of the general mood & demeanor of the managers of these locations (at 7AM, even), then looking at the average VZW store manager, I get the impression the service at this independent chain would be much more pleasant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 12:36 PM
    And either way, you often get a no-name piece.

OEM BlackBerry magnetic leather belt holsters, complete with the metal BlackBerry logo @ one of the local auth retailer chains: $14.99.

Black leather holster @ VZW (selection may vary) $24.99 to $34.99. Take away the 25% VIP discount & you realize you're not such a VIP.

Had to do a facility inspect early this AM at one of the larger resellers here - they have a site on the roof. Manager was there to let me in. They have signs all over - professional looking signs, without a handwritten or computer print one in sight - advertising their protection plans & extended warranties. The signs advertise only new replacements & even compare their product with carrier offerings.

In fact, so many of their signs compared their service with carrier stores - usually lower prices, better service & no add-on contracts.

And every phone comes with a free accessory pack - choice of case, vehicle charger, screen protector & wired handsfree - with upgrade packages available.

The funny thing is, these stores typically face a major intersection - you can't miss them - the stores in the same structure face the parking lot: Starbucks, a game shop & a SPRINT corporate store.

Based on my personal comparisons of the general mood & demeanor of the managers of these locations (at 7AM, even), then looking at the average VZW store manager, I get the impression the service at this independent chain would be much more pleasant.

Hmmm a negetive demeanor from a corporate store manager? You must have come to my store... Im sure 1 more CB member will be chiming in on this, our manager is the worst if you arent setting up new service. My mother came in to look at phones, once he realized she was on my employee account and not setting up service he literally walked away from her while she was in the middle of talking to him. I want this man to lose his job so bad.
    10-15-09 12:43 PM
    Ther honest truth is:

There is no difference.

Anyone who says there is couldnt be more wrong.

I have worked in both, and I have been the same person in both, I've been a stubbhorn know-it-all who sometimes thinks his words are taken too seriously, or not seriously enough depending on the person. I've also been the person who will go out of his ways to help the customer who really is in need.

I have good days, and bad days, I have days that I cant catch a break, and days where it feels as though everything is going my way.

Authorised dealers, for the most part are independently owned, and funny story, one of the ones I worked for, the guy was a reformed drug dealer; and actually had more stores and business sense than you would give him credit for just that reason.

End of the day, authorized dealers will give you more for your money, they will probably give you perks, and things to get you to purchase from them.

Stores will do it to, but it has to be worth their time, I dont care what any rep in here says, if someone comes through that door asking for 35 lines, you are going to push the policy and the envelope.

The OP was out of line, and would have gotten the same treatment in a corporate store, because its the rules.

Just because someone follows them doesnt make them any worse than the next person, and if they dont, instead of blaming all the issues on them, fix them....and then look yourself in the mirror, and know you have done the same thing.
    Last edited by MofoMagic; 10-15-09 at 12:54 PM.
    10-15-09 12:50 PM
    Hmmm a negetive demeanor from a corporate store manager? You must have come to my store... Im sure 1 more CB member will be chiming in on this, our manager is the worst if you arent setting up new service. My mother came in to look at phones, once he realized she was on my employee account and not setting up service he literally walked away from her while she was in the middle of talking to him. I want this man to lose his job so bad.
    I hear you - just because they are corp employees don't make them good or right and, just because they are authorized resellers doesn't make them bad or left.

On a side note, stopped in at a Circle K a few minutes ago for a cup of coffee & a water - best customer service skills I've seen in a long time. She provided it, not Circle K.

10-15-09 03:25 PM
    Reading all these numbers is giving me a headache. I still dont believe your replacement phones are brand new.

You can do math all day and even factor in commission. If you look at the very simple part... 499.99 full retail for a phone sold for 149.99 + 100 + 39.99 for 2 phones and you are in the negetive. Thats all.
    You don't see it because you are assuming a 100% claim rate. Yes, if everyone who got our protection plan made a claim the company would lose money. But since only 20% (2 out of every 10) ever make a claim, it remains very profitable for the company. You cannot think of this on an individual phone sale level. It's not that hard of a concept because it is how ever insurance/protection plan is structured. Sell to as many people as possible because statistically the claim rate goes DOWN the more people who get the plan.

The phones we swap out are phones we receive from Verizon (direct shipped) They don't go through any warehouse owned by my company, or managed by them, so if these phones arn't new, then it is verizon shipping us used phones.
    Last edited by Menno; 10-15-09 at 06:53 PM.
    10-15-09 06:49 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD