How do you guys like Verizon? When I talk to people they always say that it costs to much and other complaints. I've been with them for four years and I love them! The best part for me is I've always gotten amazing customer service. Just yesterday I was on the phone with them trying to figure out a problem w/my phone and they were so helpful! They even told me that if the problem persisted that they would just send me a brand new one- no questions asked. I'm just curious how others feel about the company.
    07-31-08 08:51 PM
    Just yesterday I was on the phone with them trying to figure out a problem w/my phone and they were so helpful! They even told me that if the problem persisted that they would just send me a brand new one- no questions asked.
    that's excellent!

i'm so used to my provider just hanging up on me and never honoring the warranty.
    07-31-08 09:54 PM
    that's excellent!

i'm so used to my provider just hanging up on me and never honoring the warranty.
    Ugh. To me, that is unheard of. Ridiculous.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 09:58 PM
    Verizon is okay in some points..... but bad in others..

Oh that new phones will be a FRU.... not really new in some minds...... But they do take care of you...
    07-31-08 10:25 PM
    My grandparents have verizon, enough said
    07-31-08 10:31 PM
    I love them, they have the best coverage in my experience, and by far the best customer service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 10:37 PM
    Since it is out and you will not need to ask, FRU is Field Replacement Unit. Yes they are refurbished.

VZW stocks these to better assist the customer getting a device quicker to be back up and running.

If VZW did not do this, it would be up to the mfg. to fix the phone. This would mean you would need to send your phone to RIM and wait probably 4-6 weeks and no phone for you during this time. They would tear it down, fix it, and return it. So what do you end with? A refurbished phone.

If your radio goes bad in your 3 month old car does the car mfg give you a new car? no the fix yours.
    07-31-08 10:37 PM
    My grandparents have verizon, enough said
    I sorry ahead of time.

My 23 year old son has verizon, so what is your point?
    07-31-08 10:40 PM
    I love them. I would agree that rates are a little higher than other carriers, but at the same time, excellent coverage and customer service make up for it. I get employer discounts so my rates come cheaper than other companies. So that definitely doesn't bother me. But everytime I have a problem they are very helpful and get it resovled.

I was with Sprint before VZW and customer service was the worst. Whenever, there were discrepencies with my bill whether it was my mistake or a customer service person's mistake by not telling me something (we've all been there), it was almost like they were saying your SOL and you just have to deal. My experiences with VZW have be the polar opposite. They have always corrected the mistake and credited anything back to me when appropriate. I am sure there are a lot of Sprint customers who would stand by Sprint's customer service, but I am one that has been on both sides and in my case, VZW is far above.

I know a lot of people say "verizon always late getting phones" and blah blah blah. I would agree that they definitely get BB devices late but to me it always seems like there's a commercial with yet another (non-BB) phone coming out. So in that respect, they keep up with the competition. We just need them to keep up with ATT in BBs!
    08-01-08 09:33 AM
    Vzw has treated me very well over the 6+ years I've been with them. Their rates are more expensive, however I get what I pay for (great coverage in NYC metro area and excellent CS).
    08-02-08 10:43 PM
    VZ picks up where others fail. I have both AT&T and VZ and VZ wins hands down in my area for reception. Nuf said.
    08-02-08 11:00 PM
    AT&T :: Had it in WV and moved to CT. Called on their 611 number then landline as requested for their moved and get new #. No problem, they changed my number got old bill forwarded to me once and then new bill accounted for. Four years later I go to buy a Condo, and on my credit report it says I have a default payment to AT&T for $1500.00. Call AT&T says you never called and canceled service. I told them what I did and did not buy a new phone as I had the same phone and used it. Now their answer was for me to prove it by showing them my paperwork. No paperwork because it is all in their system. I have to prove it. Meanwhile I cannot get a mortgage unless this is resolved by the end of the week. Apparently, they changed my phone number and reedid my account number to represent CT account, but never canceled my WV account number. You would THINK they would have canceled my account after 2 months of not paying $100.00 per month. I cannot prove it so I lose the $$ so I can ge my motgage. It is now a paid debt on my credit report. Nevertheless I cannot fathom going to AT&T even for the ever so interesting iPhone.

Sprint: Sister has and loves, everytime she calls about a problem with her phone or service, they give her $$ off next bill or let her upgrade to newest phone. (she rarely complains). Coverage is spotty in many areas so not looking to them even for Instinct.

Nextel: pre-Sprint Loved the PTT but expensive enev with free incalling for 2 two people non-business related. Coverage too spotty. post sprint coverage spotty.

T-Mobile: Not enough US coverage in cases where I travel to see family and friends.

Verizon: Whether Vzw or previously now owned by vzw I have been withthem off and on for 20 years from my first bag phone. My most recent stint consecutively is now 8 or 9 years. I have had issues with phones being bad, $$ items showing up, etc. In all cases they have corrected it to the best of their ability and recently to better than their normal ability. Needless to say I upgraded my phone with NE2 early with their blessing after 4 bad refurbished regular phones and substandard substitutes. I chose the Curve that cost me a whopping $30.00 because I bought it35 days too late for it to total free after rebates.
    VZW also has the best nationwide coverage I have found. Spotty in my home town due to trees and cell not able to be close enough to incorporasted town, but can get calls in and out with a rare drop. Only place I have bad coverage is some places in Mississippi.

Verizon is what I have and sticking with with no hesitations.
    08-03-08 12:57 AM
    I have nothing bad to say about verizon. Every time i've had any kind of issue they have solved it. Early upgrades, Bill adjustmuent, everything I could ask for. They cost a little more but you get what you pay for
    08-03-08 01:01 AM
    I love Verizon Wireless. As some have said, they may cost a little more but you get what you pay for. They have always gone out of their way to correct any mistakes or issues I have had.
    I have thought about switching before, but I am the kind of person to stick with a company that treats their customers right. Verizon does that for me, so I can see myself with them for a long time to come if they don't change their ways.
    08-03-08 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD