05-02-10 09:41 AM
30 12
tools
    Hello! i have a quick question for all you VZW users out there
    I am currently with US Cellular, but my contract is up at the end of April and I am thinking of switching over to VZW and i would love to hear Pros and Cons and what you all think of the service and discounts available
    thanks in advance all comments help
    04-13-10 01:13 AM
    I am currently with US Cellular, but my contract is up at the end of April and I am thinking of switching over to VZW and i would love to hear Pros and Cons and what you all think of the service and discounts available
    Pros= Service and reception almost everywhere in the US

Cons= you pay a little higher then most phone companies
    04-13-10 08:13 AM
    If you are already looking for discounts, VZW isnt the carrier for you. Unless you qualify for some sort of corporate discount you wont get a discount. Cheap people turn around and walk out of here all day because they dont understand that you get what you pay for.
    04-13-10 08:46 AM
    Con: **** you in the ****.
    Con: Crappier customer service than Alltel.
    Pro: Coverage.
    04-13-10 10:26 AM
    I've never had any issues with vzw customer service and coverage is far superior to any others in my region.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 10:30 AM
    Con: **** you in the ****.
    Con: Crappier customer service than Alltel.
    Pro: Coverage.
    You are just overflowing with maturity...
    04-13-10 12:36 PM
    I've never had any issues with vzw customer service and coverage is far superior to any others in my region.

x2...I would never think twice about leaving Verizon. I think I'll own Verizon forever as I've had nothing but great service from them in the time I've had Verizon. They earned my business. I have nothing bad to say about Verizon
    04-13-10 01:57 PM
    I have thought about leaving, but it's like The Godfather....you get sucked right back in.
    My dr. gets help from overseas while when I call tech it's always us based.

Anyhow.
    Cons= price. Don't mind 30.00 for data on verizon for a smartphone, but the same price applies to "dumb" phones as well.

Device selection usually is behind the times ( or was)

Pros: CS (imho)
    coverage.
    CDMA (hey I like cdma voice quality over gsm)
    coverage.

Commercials are better than Att's
    04-13-10 02:06 PM
    I just feel that former Alltel customers got shafted. It's not just me but everyone I have talked to here in my town has said they don't like Verizon as much as Alltel.
    04-13-10 02:54 PM
    I just feel that former Alltel customers got shafted. It's not just me but everyone I have talked to here in my town has said they don't like Verizon as much as Alltel.
    There's always the 200 flat fee ETF (Alltel) you can pay to be happy somewhere else.
    04-13-10 03:07 PM
    Yeah but Sprint don't cover the inside of my office building and I get reception with Verizon. That's the only reason I'm stuck. That said I do like the Tour.
    04-13-10 04:09 PM
    I've had Pac Bell (loooong time ago...), Sprint, AT&T, and Cingular (before the buyout). Granted, that was years ago but since '04, been with and plan on staying with Verizon.

Cons:
    All or nothing price packages for smartphones vs. AT&T and T-Mo (not sure about Sprint). Can't pick and choose, which sucks with wi-fi coming to future BlackBerrys.

Phone selection for a while but that seems to be changing.

In-store customer service knowledge about smartphones. This doesn't apply to everyone in-store but enough to mention.

Pros:
    You get what you pay for, which is GREAT coverage!

Telephone customer service and troubleshooting (never had a bad experience myself and they're accommodating and helpful)
    04-13-10 04:29 PM
    Pros:
    Voice Coverage
    3G Coverage
    CS (in my 8 year experience)

Con:
    Pricey, but not really a con, considering the pro's
    04-13-10 06:32 PM
    If you are already looking for discounts, VZW isnt the carrier for you. Unless you qualify for some sort of corporate discount you wont get a discount. Cheap people turn around and walk out of here all day because they dont understand that you get what you pay for.
    Well I work for American Family Insurance, and what i have heard is AmFam employee's get 20% off.
    04-13-10 08:42 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help , right now exactly what i am getting at USC it actually looks like Verizon is a very fierce competitor , VZW Data plan is expensive, but sadly it's what i am paying now. so that's not too much of a shock
    04-13-10 08:44 PM
    Well I work for American Family Insurance, and what i have heard is AmFam employee's get 20% off.
    cool! then your all set!

I also get 18% off per bill for my job as well! I dont know of anyone who doesnt get a job discount on there Bill.
    04-14-10 09:09 AM
    Yeah its a big selling point for me, it would make my bill quite less than I am paying now and I will have great coverage so now I just want to wait for the new bb bold to come there

04-14-10 02:11 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help , right now exactly what i am getting at USC it actually looks like Verizon is a very fierce competitor , VZW Data plan is expensive, but sadly it's what i am paying now. so that's not too much of a shock
    I've paid for about every different cell phone service out there. My daughter just switched to Verizon so she could get the Tour & it's the absolute WORST!!!!
    Pros: A nice Blackberry - You can get that somewhere else!!
    Cons:
    Customer service is the absolute worst.
    Bad coverage - Half the time she doesn't even know she's getting calls.
    Can't surf the web & receive phone calls.
    They charge you for services you didn't ask for! Ex: A Corporate Blackberry package for $45.00 a month as opposed to the regular rate of $29.00, unless you specify otherwise.
    You CAN NOT make any type of payment arrangements until your service is about to be terminated!!!

This is exactly why I had my house phone shut off through Verizon.
    For some reason they think they are superior!!
    04-16-10 05:22 PM
    You do realize that verizon and verizon wireless are two separate companies? Verizon cs is horrible but I find verizon wireless cs to be tops.

04-16-10 05:41 PM
    I've paid for about every different cell phone service out there. My daughter just switched to Verizon so she could get the Tour & it's the absolute WORST!!!!
    Cons:
    How so? I would be interested in your story.

Is the phone not working? Did you talk to tech support about getting a ticket made? Does she get service in that area?

No defence for that.. please come faster LTE!

They charge you for services you didn't ask for! Ex: A Corporate Blackberry package for $45.00 a month as opposed to the regular rate of $29.00, unless you specify otherwise.
    You do know that Blackberrys are made for the buisness user? I would bet you that a large majority of the users do need the $44.99 plan. Did you get that fixed on your account?

You CAN NOT make any type of payment arrangements until your service is about to be terminated!!!
    Same with my utility companies. Why would they take payment arrangements before the agreed date for you to pay?

Oh, Verizon Communications.... Verizon Wireless..... hmmm..
    04-16-10 06:13 PM
    How so? I would be interested in your story.

Is the phone not working? Did you talk to tech support about getting a ticket made? Does she get service in that area?

No defence for that.. please come faster LTE!

You do know that Blackberrys are made for the buisness user? I would bet you that a large majority of the users do need the $44.99 plan. Did you get that fixed on your account?

Same with my utility companies. Why would they take payment arrangements before the agreed date for you to pay?

Oh, Verizon Communications.... Verizon Wireless..... hmmm..
    Verizon home service vs. Verizon wireless...The home phone service was actually alot better & so were their CSR's. She doesn't need her phone checked...With Verizon you can not surf the web & receive calls at the same time? What kind of BS is that? I have never dealt with that with any other Wireless provider. And Yes...At&t will let you call & make arrangements in advance. If you're bill is due April 21, 2010 & you can only pay half you can call & make arrangements to pay some now & some later...You don't have to wait until you get a disconnect notice for them to authorize a payment agreement. I do understand that Blackberry's are made for Business but over half of the world have Blackberry's & use them for personal use...It's just another way for Verizon to get over & get more money!! I am so outraged at their service. I will NEVER sign any type of contract with them.
    04-19-10 01:26 PM
    You cannot surf the web and make a call on verizon because it is CDMA technology while ATT and Tmobile use GSM.

How long have you been with verizon or has there been late payments in the past because I never heard of the wait till you get a disconnect notice before.
    04-19-10 01:36 PM
    I've been with AT&T, Cingular, and now Verizon. Of them I prefer VZW.

Pro:
    Coverage (I travel to big cities as well as small towns and always have a signal)
    Customer service

Cons:
    You are going to pay...even with a company discount (15% with my employer) you should still expect to pay upwards of $125 when going with VZW for your BB
    04-23-10 07:07 PM
    Cons:

I keep saying with millions of customers someone is bound to be unhappy, even though VZW consistently rates at the top of consumer surveys. Yes this is CDMA can't surf and talk simultaneously. Did you do your homework?

04-23-10 10:09 PM
    I actually really like Verizon. Heck, they let me upgrade six months into a two year contract just because I asked. I never even thought about not being able to talk and surf the web at the same time until I seen the AT&T ads.

Pros: Like most have said, coverage is good, customer service is good. Good variety of phones.

Cons: There are cheaper options, but you get what you pay for.
    04-23-10 10:34 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD