I have yet to be able to send .mp3s to a friend of mine on VZW via Bluetooth. I have opened up all discovery and security that I can find on my 8300 and her phones. Pairing was a snap, devices find each other immediately. On her old LG phone the send failed after about 37% everytime.

Her new phone is a Motorola Rival (yeah, I know, not her choice), and when I try to send her an .mp3 ringtone (free, not copy-protected), it says "Unrecognized filetype". It then proceeds to ask her if she wants to accept name card files from me, over and over until I cancel the BT send.

Does Verizon somehow limit Bluetooth file transfers? I know they have been dinged for crippling BT in the past. I can find no reason why I cannot send her a file over BT. I tried sending files that were 100k, and files that were 8k. I've sent .mp3s to my 4-year-old Nokia 6340b without problem; gobs of them, big ones.

Where is the source of teh suck here? Is it VZW? Is it MOTO? Or just the despicable, brutal combination of the two?

Or am I being a luser and missing something painfully obvious?
    10-15-09 02:20 PM
    so send the ringtone via mms. Thats how I do it... cant send songs as far as I know but Ive never tried it... never cared for bluetooth transfering.
    10-15-09 02:24 PM
    Some phones do not support BT file transfer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 02:27 PM
    that too.
    10-15-09 02:29 PM
    To a non-bb VZW phone you can email it to 10digitmobile@vzwpix.com thats the address a VZW user can receive Pictures or Audio to the phone from non-vzw users.
    10-15-09 02:29 PM
    10c ?
    10-15-09 04:01 PM
    And yes vzw blocks bluetooth music transfer on most if not all of its phones.
    10-16-09 11:48 AM
    I could do on my voyager

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 12:39 PM