So I thought this might of been a problem with my storm because I noticed this happening since I updated to the latest 5.0 firmware on it.

I got a droid now though. Anyways what has been happening is:

A) Texts that I send or texts sent to me are never received by me or the other person

B) Texts that I send or texts sent to me are received but not in normal time. Last night about 8pm a friend sent me a text that I got at 5:45am. My brother also tried to text me around 10pm a few times and I did not get the texts till after 6am!

So anyone else experiencing this. It seems to have been a problem for me in the past month or so. I think the problem is most likely network related and not phone related as it happens on my new phone as well.
    11-11-09 06:55 AM
    I doubt it's firmware related. As you suggested, it's probably network related. What network is your friend on? The same thing happened to me last night. I sent a friend of mine a text message at around 5pm....received his response just before 1am. He's on T-Mobile. Another thing I've noticed too...my sister is on T-Mo and sometimes when I send her a text, she'll have 4 copies of it in her inbox. And periodically I'll receive multiple copies of the same text, ALSO from a t-mo user. This has been going on for some time now, so I've just learned to brush it aside. The lag in receiving a message though, that only started last night.

Oh, and my Tour is running the shipped OS, so I definitely wouldn't blame firmware.
    11-11-09 10:37 AM
    I am having problems with people on same(verizon) and tmobile. Most my friends use verizon except a few and the ones I am having probs with are on Tmobile.
    11-11-09 11:52 AM
    When my gf was on Tmobile we used to have this problem quite a bit. I used to send myself a text message to try to "pop" the messages through. I just chalked it up to network lag.
    11-11-09 01:22 PM
    Oh good, so it's not just me. My sis is under the impression that my verizon phone is causing the problem. She calls my phone "Simple Jack" because it's ********. Now I'm gonna tell her to stick it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 02:34 PM
    I think its a Verizon problem. Txts have been coming in late and some on time since yesterday evening. This is Verizon to ATT out in California. Not sure what the deal is.
    11-11-09 02:37 PM
    I agree my text messages have been lagging both in and out.
    11-11-09 03:44 PM
    Seeing some texting problems going between VZW and ATT earlier today. We had just switched devices for the user so we thought it was related to that. Maybe it wasn't...
    11-11-09 03:53 PM
    Ok so I'm not going insane....I've had MAJOR text issues for apparently a week now and hadn't even realized it until about 2 days ago. At the moment, I can't receive and/or send texts to sprint, boost mobile, or at&t numbers....it's very annoying and frustrating and if i have to be talked through troubleshooting steps I already know as well as know won't work i will scream. Can anyone shed some light on the situation?
    11-12-09 01:36 AM
    Seems people are having problems with text messages as well, seen it on a post in the droid section on androidcentral
    11-12-09 07:42 PM
    still having issues here.....still waiting on a solution....annnnnnnd having wifi issues....le sigh...I just want things to work the way they were intended...is that so much to ask?
    11-12-09 07:45 PM
    More times than not - inter carrier sms is caused by the third party vendor they rout though. This may require netwrok inter vention by the carrier to resolve. the sooner you report to the carrier and not post about it here, the problem will get resolved.
    11-12-09 07:53 PM
    More times than not - inter carrier sms is caused by the third party vendor they rout though. This may require netwrok inter vention by the carrier to resolve. the sooner you report to the carrier and not post about it here, the problem will get resolved.
    thank u for ur concern I actually am on trouble ticket number three with verizon...
    11-12-09 08:25 PM
    thank u for ur concern I actually am on trouble ticket number three with verizon...
    Sorry to hear - but be persistant
    11-12-09 08:40 PM
    I've also gotten extream lag. As well as doubles. Txt and MMS. But it hasn't been just today, it's been going on for a few weeks. I do notice a lot of random network activity every now and then that doesn't seem to be related to anything that I have running (activily or in the background).
    11-12-09 09:13 PM
    just my own $0.02... but i'm on verizon and the gf is on t-mobile. in the area where she works, everyone and their dog and hamster is on t-mobile so come friday and saturday, i've noticed that messages sent to her take longer, and at times, they'll just drop and not even make it to her (or back to me).

we've noticed it to be fairly consistent over the past year when she had to switch to t-mobile. and when she first switched, there were some issues with sending MMS as well and speaking with the verizon reps, they told me that there was nothing they can do. interestingly, we ended up setting up her phone thanks to the t-mobile reps to get it to work and it's been working well, except for the dropped messages here and there on fridays and saturdays.

again, just my $0.02.
    11-13-09 08:34 AM
    Ironically I'm solid on the T-Mobile end of things lol multiple people r able to send and receive on T-Mobile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD