02-06-10 11:42 AM
28 12
tools
    I have a new Curve 8330, I'm just past the 30 days.

This is my second 8330, had the 1st one for about 2 years.

I went to the verizion store while I was still in the 30 day grace period. I was going to trade for a 8530. I let the saleslady talk me out of it, she said the 8330 was a better device and the 8530 did not have a flash.

Well, I did my research after I went to the store instead of before.

Anyway, Know I'm having a problem with the 8330. It will not always charge to 100%, after being on the charger all night. I can play with the connection and get it to charge but it's a pain.

I'm going to take the 8330 back. My question is can I pay the difference and get a 8530 or must I get another SLOOOOOW 8330.

We are up for 2 upgrads on the 2-7, this Sunday, so my wife and I can both get a 8530 either way.

BUT, our son's birthday is 2-9, and we are wanting to get him a Chocolate touch, with one of the upgrades.

Thanks, sorry for such a long post, but I wanted to be clear.
    02-04-10 03:14 PM

I went to the verizion store while I was still in the 30 day grace period. I was going to trade for a 8530. I let the saleslady talk me out of it, she said the 8330 was a better device and the 8530 did not have a flash.

Anyway, Know I'm having a problem with the 8330. It will not always charge to 100%, after being on the charger all night. I can play with the connection and get it to charge but it's a pain.

I'm going to take the 8330 back. My question is can I pay the difference and get a 8530 or must I get another SLOOOOOW 8330.

We are up for 2 upgrads on the 2-7, this Sunday, so my wife and I can both get a 8530 either way.

BUT, our son's birthday is 2-9, and we are wanting to get him a Chocolate touch, with one of the upgrades.

Unfortunately you will have to get another 8330 (it will be a Certified like new replacement) if it is after your 30 day WFG period.
    02-04-10 03:38 PM
    Well, I bet I do my own research from now on and not go by what the rep says.

I had another rep at the mall tell me the only difference between the 8830 and the 8530 was the track pad and the 8530 was a bit smaller.

I talked to both reps while I was still in the 30 trail period.

I think I will go ahead and get 2 8530. I found out they are buy one get one free. So my wife and I can both get a 8530 for $50.

Another question, is it better to get them at the store or online, or does it matter?

In the store we will pay $250 and get a $200 rebate. Online it just the $50, no rebate to bother with. If I understand the process correctly.

Thanks,
    02-04-10 03:47 PM
    Well, I bet I do my own research from now on and not go by what the rep says.

I had another rep at the mall tell me the only difference between the 8830 and the 8530 was the track pad and the 8530 was a bit smaller.

I talked to both reps while I was still in the 30 trail period.

I think I will go ahead and get 2 8530. I found out they are buy one get one free. So my wife and I can both get a 8530 for $50.

Another question, is it better to get them at the store or online, or does it matter?

In the store we will pay $250 and get a $200 rebate. Online it just the $50, no rebate to bother with. If I understand the process correctly.

Thanks,
    You got it! Online ordering is better if you don't want to wait forever and a day to receive your rebate.
    02-04-10 03:55 PM
    A store manager can approve the change...it's extremely rare especially since they got rid of the multi fru policy that allowed you to change to a like or comparable device if you have had three replacements wi tin 90 days. But dueeto abuse and other reasons, it no longer exists.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 09:04 PM
    You cannot "trade" in your phone for the phone you want.
    You are past the WFG period. You get a CLNR replacement for the same make/model.
    To take advantage of the BOGO.. BOTH lines have to be eligible for upgrade. You dont just get a "free" phone. You have to either activate a 3rd line or your line has to be eligible for upgrade, which according to your OP it is not.
    You have the option of selling the 8330 on ebay and then purchasing the C2 at retail.
    Store managers cannot approve the change. There is no more multifru program.. even if there was, OP would not be eligible since it would be the first replacement.
    02-04-10 09:12 PM
    Bravo...

02-04-10 09:29 PM
    *takes a bow*
    02-04-10 09:30 PM
    To take advantage of the BOGO.. BOTH lines have to be eligible for upgrade. You dont just get a "free" phone. You have to either activate a 3rd line or your line has to be eligible for upgrade, which according to your OP it is not.
    The OP said they have 2 upgrades available on the 7th so they should still qualify for the BOGO correct?

We are up for 2 upgrades on the 2-7, this Sunday, so my wife and I can both get a 8530 either way.
    02-04-10 09:32 PM
    perhaps, maybe I misread that part... if I did... my mistake...

its late and sometimes words moosh together... kind of happens where I work.
    02-04-10 09:37 PM
    perhaps, maybe I misread that part... if I did... my mistake...

its late and sometimes words moosh together... kind of happens where I work.
    No biggie. Happens to me all the time. I was just curious because I had some problems getting the Droid/Eris deal last week.

I was upgrading my primary line and adding another line. I was trying to do it late at night online. That little chat box popped up and asked if I needed help. I said yes, typed in what I was attempting to do, and the person on the other end of the chat told me that unless I added 2 new lines I couldn't get the deal and my upgrade didn't count. I didn't think that was right so I called in the next day and they said that I did qualify.

I just like to make sure of what is actually true and what isn't so I can tell people I know if they ask.
    02-04-10 10:21 PM
    the website can be ******** sometimes... Ive never tried to upgrade and add a line for a bogo online before... but Ive heard of your trouble.
    The bogo deal stipulates you activate two lines new/upgrade two eligible lines/ or upgrade and add a line to get the bogo.
    So you are right you qualify.
    02-04-10 10:37 PM
    the website can be ******** sometimes... Ive never tried to upgrade and add a line for a bogo online before... but Ive heard of your trouble.
    The bogo deal stipulates you activate two lines new/upgrade two eligible lines/ or upgrade and add a line to get the bogo.
    So you are right you qualify.
    That is what they told me when I called. They said the online ordering was confusing if you were not upgrading 2 lines but it could be done. I just ordered through the sales department over the phone and got my phones the next day via FedEx.
    02-04-10 10:53 PM
    sa-weet...
    sounds awsome... hope you enjoy them... I have till april to wait for my new phone.
    gonna C2 myself... in purple! ha!
    02-04-10 10:55 PM
    Yes, we have 2 lines eligible for upgrade on 2-7-10.

So we should be able to get 2 8530's for $50, right?

If we do we will have 3 8330's that will sitting in a drawer. I guess it's time to sell a couple.

Thanks for the info.
    02-04-10 10:56 PM
    cool beans... throw one IMPs way... he's been having issues all night...
    02-04-10 11:01 PM
    I did. I got my 8330 for Christmas. It was actually purchased on 12-10. I called one day and talked to a guy for approx. 40 mins and magically got disconnected. He did not call me back (they have your number). I called back and got some lady. She was no help at all. I told them that this was a gift and that I was unhappy with it and wanted the 8530. My wife got me the phone. I called back the next day and asked to speak to a super. While I was never able to speak to a super. the guy on the other end stated that he talked to his mgr. who approved the swap and I have never been happier. I have been a verizon customer for almost 12 years. I told him that too. I really like my 8530 but will be looking for the Tour 2 if it is ever released.
    02-04-10 11:40 PM
    I did. I got my 8330 for Christmas. It was actually purchased on 12-10. I called one day and talked to a guy for approx. 40 mins and magically got disconnected. He did not call me back (they have your number). I called back and got some lady. She was no help at all. I told them that this was a gift and that I was unhappy with it and wanted the 8530. My wife got me the phone. I called back the next day and asked to speak to a super. While I was never able to speak to a super. the guy on the other end stated that he talked to his mgr. who approved the swap and I have never been happier. I have been a verizon customer for almost 12 years. I told him that too. I really like my 8530 but will be looking for the Tour 2 if it is ever released.
    Were you still in the 30 day grace period?
    02-05-10 12:02 AM
    I will add that this was after my 30 day worry free guarantee. My phone was purchased on 12-10 but not activated untill 12-25. Verizon said that they went by the purchased date. With my last call it was a non-issue. The first guy yanked me around and then "accidentally became disconnected." My wife said that when she called the 1-800 number to order my phone she talked to the lady and then ended the call. She did more research and called back. She actually got the same lady. The lady said that if you call and talk to someone and then call back the call will come back to them. (It didn't with that guy who I was first talking with). Anyway, hopefully this all helps.
    02-05-10 12:03 AM

You have to be within your 30 days to receive another phone. I had the Curve it was a great device...

Y
    02-05-10 12:05 AM
    Were you still in the 30 day grace period?
    I will add that this was after my 30 day worry free guarantee. My phone was purchased on 12-10 but not activated untill 12-25. Verizon said that they went by the purchased date. With my last call it was a non-issue. The first guy yanked me around and then "accidentally became disconnected." My wife said that when she called the 1-800 number to order my phone she talked to the lady and then ended the call. She did more research and called back. She actually got the same lady. The lady said that if you call and talk to someone and then call back the call will come back to them. (It didn't with that guy who I was first talking with). Anyway, hopefully this all helps.

According to Verizon, I was past it. It worked out well, though. I am very happy with my new 8530!
    02-05-10 12:11 AM
    Really!? People are still working the system? I've never had customers get me back. Its a queue and you never know who you get. Glad you are happy... I'm waiting till I can legitimately upgrade.
    My curve is almost a year old, it works fine. I keep the software up to date, batt pull 1x a week, keep apps down and register and ota regularly. Honestly, my phone has been through he!! Because I wanted to test the limits of the phone.
    Slow is a non issue resolved by regular maintinance. Just like your computer.
    Crazy you never mentioned any troubleshooting.

02-05-10 12:49 AM
    Really!? People are still working the system? I've never had customers get me back. Its a queue and you never know who you get. Glad you are happy... I'm waiting till I can legitimately upgrade.
    My curve is almost a year old, it works fine. I keep the software up to date, batt pull 1x a week, keep apps down and register and ota regularly. Honestly, my phone has been through he!! Because I wanted to test the limits of the phone.
    Slow is a non issue resolved by regular maintinance. Just like your computer.
    Crazy you never mentioned any troubleshooting.

The way I see it, you gotta work the "system." If not, it works you. She surprised to get the same lady back. There was actually a lot of trouble shooting. I spared everyone the **** of explaining it all. Regardless, I pay a lot of money every month. I have been paying my bills on time for actually over 11 years with the company. I pay for perfect service every day. When I get bad reception I don't call and ask for a credit. I should have exactly what I want. I don't think that is too much to ask.
    02-05-10 12:59 AM

According to Verizon, I was past it. It worked out well, though. I am very happy with my new 8530!
    They extended the return/exchange period for the holidays since they knew phones would be purchased ahead of time and possibly not activated for a while.

I'm glad it worked out for you, but you weren't "working the system" as others seem to think.
    02-05-10 01:09 AM
    They extended the return/exchange period for the holidays since they knew phones would be purchased ahead of time and possibly not activated for a while.

I'm glad it worked out for you, but you weren't "working the system" as others seem to think.
    thank you. i didn't think that we were really working the system. the original lady said 45 days due the holidays. When I called the first time and then after everyone acted dumbfounded by what I said. When I called the last time I was tired of the BS and knew what I wanted. The first guy really pissed me off by becoming disconnected. That was almost enough for me to switch carriers. Luckily I called back the next day and that guy got it right!
    02-05-10 01:17 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD