Hi if anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. I am currently a Verizon Wireless customer who is up for my New Every 2. I am looking to purchase the Storm when it comes out next Friday. I will be switching from PDA to Blackberry Plan. From what I can see on Verizons plan page the pricing for the PDA/Smartphone Nationwide Email & Messaging plan is the same as the blackberry Nationwide Email & Messaging plan.

If I purchase this phone before the end of my payment cycle will I be prorated because I'm changing my plan from PDA to Blackberry. Thanks for the help in advance.
    11-13-08 07:56 PM
    If the price is the same, it all comes out in the wash
    11-13-08 08:13 PM
    See if they can back date it for you. It depends on where you are on your billing cycle. If they can back date it for you then it will wash out. If not, then they will pro rate you and also charge one month in advance.
    11-13-08 09:04 PM
    if the monthly access ($) is the same, you wont be prorated
    11-14-08 03:20 AM
    If the price is the same, it all comes out in the wash
    The price "comes out in the wash." ( ie will be credited for patial month of old plan and charged for partial month of new plan, which is the same price, so even out there ). But his minutes will be prorated. It splits it up so he still has the same amount of minutes over the full month, but if he uses most of his minutes at the beginning of the month or at the end of the month, he could have overages, even if not going over his total minutes. If he uses the minutes pretty evenly over the course of the month, he should be ok.

@OP
    Have a rep use the "One Source Calculator" when changing your plan to see if you'll have overages for the first half of the month and let you know how many minutes you will have for the remainder of the month.
    11-14-08 11:36 PM
    The price "comes out in the wash." ( ie will be credited for patial month of old plan and charged for partial month of new plan, which is the same price, so even out there ). But his minutes will be prorated. It splits it up so he still has the same amount of minutes over the full month, but if he uses most of his minutes at the beginning of the month or at the end of the month, he could have overages, even if not going over his total minutes. If he uses the minutes pretty evenly over the course of the month, he should be ok.

@OP
    Have a rep use the "One Source Calculator" when changing your plan to see if you'll have overages for the first half of the month and let you know how many minutes you will have for the remainder of the month.
    or save the hassle and either have the change back or future dated
    11-14-08 11:39 PM
    See if they can back date it for you. It depends on where you are on your billing cycle. If they can back date it for you then it will wash out. If not, then they will pro rate you and also charge one month in advance.
    I doubt it can be backdated since he had the PDA before and the feature codes for the BB plan will be different and not compatible with what he had at the beginning of the month.
    11-14-08 11:42 PM
    or save the hassle and either have the change back or future dated
    I don't know if the system will let you backdate a Blackberry plan over a PDA plan since it wasn't a Blackberry for the full month. And with future dating, he will not be able to activate his Blackberry on a PDA plan.
    11-14-08 11:43 PM
    I don't know if the system will let you backdate a Blackberry plan over a PDA plan since it wasn't a Blackberry for the full month. And with future dating, he will not be able to activate his Blackberry on a PDA plan.
    its all the same, its billed in kilobytes of usage, not minutes of use.
    11-15-08 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD