Any clues about how to rollback a PRL update? I *228 from home and now it's a La La Land of dropped calls.

I've done a little digging around and the PRL itself looks to be a simple file transfer, so has anyone hacked the list? A local version should be stored on the BB ...

This is to circumvent Verizon's disbelief that there weren't dropped calls before the *228 and that "it must be something with the BB". Total BS, of course.

~vap0rtranz
    04-21-09 09:16 PM
    THere is a process for this, I have never done it, but I know it takes more than a rep can do or a store for that matter.
    04-21-09 09:30 PM
    try *22890
    04-21-09 09:48 PM
    Any clues about how to rollback a PRL update? I *228 from home and now it's a La La Land of dropped calls.

I've done a little digging around and the PRL itself looks to be a simple file transfer, so has anyone hacked the list? A local version should be stored on the BB ...

This is to circumvent Verizon's disbelief that there weren't dropped calls before the *228 and that "it must be something with the BB". Total BS, of course.

~vap0rtranz
    Except that if your rep is intelligent, he'll test it with a demo phone on your account to see if it does the same thing or not.
    04-21-09 10:19 PM
    You can go to a store, they should have old PRLs saved on their machines and they can roll you back.
    04-21-09 11:19 PM
    The PRL updates typically ADD towers - they don't take any away.

The biggest thing the PRL does, besides updating your device to know if the tower it is hooked to is home or roaming, is help you stay on your home network or preferred roaming towers instead of a weaker one.

I'd say you either got a corrupted file (unlikely) or something happened coincidentally.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 11:42 PM
    Usually when a PRL roll back is needed there is no service on the phone or it won't stop roaming.

Corp stores have a program to roll it back.... takes about 5 minutes.
    04-22-09 12:37 AM
    Just saw OP has a BB. The stores can only roll back dumbphones.
    04-22-09 12:39 AM
    Just saw OP has a BB. The stores can only roll back dumbphones.
    Why would a dumphone owner post to crackberry.com?!
    04-22-09 06:21 AM
    The scenarios TwinsX2Dad listed could be corrected by updating the PRL again. Have you tried that?
    04-22-09 07:10 AM
    Vap, they may be gathering info on becomingh a crackberry uyser. Its perfectly ok for one to post here. We don't discriminate!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 07:27 AM
    I would try it again.... Prls add towers not take them away, and There is the chance just like with any file installation for errors.
    04-22-09 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD