I spoke to a rep who gave me some weird options for my BB pricing plan that I do not understand. What he told me was that you can include BIS service for 29.99 on top of your calling plan ... or ... you can do an "all in one" plan with the BIS service "included" in the voice plan as 1, and save more money. I was driving while he was explaining this to me so I did not get the gist of which would be cheaper and why so I took his word for it (FOR NOW).

So... Does anyone know what the rep might be talking about???
    11-21-08 07:18 AM
    I'm not sure... I have the $29.99 BIS plan tacked on to my normal phone plan.

BUT.. I have a family shared plan with my wife.. so that might have something to do with it?

My bill is basically $70 phone plan + $30 BIS for me + $30 BIS for wife + $5 text package for me + $5 text package for wife.

Man.. what a ripoff.
    11-21-08 08:50 AM
    theoretically, thats the way I always thought it went and thats the way I had it. But I'm going to call them up today and see what they meant by an "all in one" type plan.
    11-21-08 09:18 AM
    if you go to verizon's website and go to the plans page there is a link to BB plans.........I believe they start at $79.99 a month for 450 mins and includes BIS.
    11-21-08 09:37 AM
    I just got off the phone with them. Aparently they have a bundle option now verse the separate 29.99 on top of the calling plan. The rep told me it would be 99.99 for 450 min, unlimited everything else including BB service.

However, if your like me and get a higher discount for your BIS service (20% for me) than you do for your calling plan (15% for me), then it might not be worth it. On the bundled plans, it appears as a 100% calling plan price verse it being part calling and part data.

Its weird and it still confuses me in some way but thats the gist of what I got with the rep just now...
    11-21-08 09:54 AM
    The combined plan includes BES, which is why it's more expensive than a normal voice plan and the $30 BIS plan. You can add the $30 BIS plan to any voice plan. With 450 minutes, that'd make it $39.99+30=69.99. If you need BES, the combined plan is a good way to go, since you get $5 off the unbundled price.
    11-22-08 10:03 PM
    seriously?

Look:

your price plan + 29.99 + txting = what you pay.

HOW IS THIS HARD???
    11-23-08 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD