Hey guys, I have a quick question about a non-BB phone but figured this group would know best. I went in to upgrade my Curve last night and figured I would try out the Storm. I wanted to upgrade a few of my other lines but apparently they aren't up for upgrade until August. Instead of paying full retail at VZW I figured I would head to the internet and look for some phones.

My wife wants a new phone and since I can't upgrade her line until August, I'm stuck with really only two options: 1) Paying $110 to cancel her line and buy a new phone in contract at the "discount price." (This way isn't an option because she would get a new phone number and she has business cards with her old number, so a new one isn't really an option right now). 2) Buying a retail phone and adding it to her line, which I think is the route I'm going to go. Before doing so, I have a question...

The one phone she is interested in, is like $200 on the internet but they also sell a prepaid version at Best-Buy for like $110~$115. Is it possible to buy the prepaid version and add the EISN on a contract line? I appreciate any advice & critiques!
    01-15-09 01:22 PM
    Some pre pays can be coverted. Some cannot. So do your resarch well. Vzw prepay dept can you this as well. Sorry do not have that number handy right now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 01:42 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

She wanted the Blitz. I'm not too fond of it, but whatever she likes. She originally wanted the Glyde, but I pushed her away from that. It was too laggy I thought for the $$$. Reminded me of the launch Voyager.
    01-15-09 01:53 PM
    ask they will tell you when and where you buy the Phone....
    01-15-09 01:56 PM
    Maybe bad experiences but sales associates don't always know what they're talking about. I figured Crackberry users would be more knowledgeable in the field.

I will be sure to call though.
    01-15-09 01:59 PM
    If it's sold in special packaging as a prepay phone, then phone can't be activated on a post-pay plan for 6 months after initial activation on a prepay plan. Vzw policy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD