What is the difference. They closed our corporate Alltel store and replaced it with a Premium Retailer. Is that the same as a Corp Store or what's the difference? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 08:24 AM
    Pretty sure that premium retailer is the same as a corporate store. Usually authorized dealers deal with different companies, like Best Buy for example sells phones from a few different carriers. They can also make their own deals I believe, at least with equipment bundles and such, not so much on calling plans as far as I know.
    09-08-09 08:39 AM
    Premium Retailer is not a corporate store. I'm not sure on the exact specifics, but it is definitely not a corporate store.
    09-08-09 08:43 AM
    It's my understanding that if the phones on the floor work/powered up you're in a corp. store. If they're dummy phone it's not corp. and something less.

Also the corp. stores have the computerized sign in and usually phone test drive centers.
    09-09-09 07:49 AM
    A premium retailer such as a VAD agent (me for example) matches corp pricing and can do almost everything a corp store can do. We just can't do warranty exchanges or post asjustments to your bill.

Authorized dealers usually are more limited

But they apparently have connections within the corporate offices of verizon...
    09-09-09 07:59 AM
    A Premium Retailer is just a glorified Authorized Agent. I don't know how a authorized agent gets to be a Premium Retailer, but they are most certainly not a Corporate store.

I'm not even sure they can do more than a normal authorized agent. I have friends that work in a few different authorized agents here locally, one being a Premium retailer, and they are forever calling me to ask me questions.
    09-09-09 08:29 AM
    The main difference between an authorized agent & premium retailer is the premium retailer only sells VZW.

09-09-09 08:30 AM
    The main difference between an authorized agent & premium retailer is the premium retailer only sells VZW.

correct.

therefore, giving you three classifications of face to face locations

corporate - duh
    premium retailer - only sells VZW, is a 3rd party store
    authorized dealer - sells VZW as well as others, 3rd party store
    09-09-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD