has anyone noticed better call quality between the 2 I live in an area that I get data great but phone part always drops its terrible.
    04-07-08 10:53 AM
    I like my 8130 over the 8830 but I am switching to the Curve as soon as Verizon gets it.
    04-07-08 10:56 AM
    Call quality should not be any different. If call quality is not good in your area, you may need to look at a different carrier.
    04-07-08 11:08 AM
    Call quality should not be any different. If call quality is not good in your area, you may need to look at a different carrier.
    When was the last time you did that Verizon Thingy deal, you know that deal where you Dial *228 and press option #2? Try *228deal and see if the problem still exist.
    NB. If you're plague with drop calls, dial *** then send, and this will flag the area where you're having problems. This way when you call Verizon C/S they'll have the exact locations and frequency of the problem.
    04-07-08 11:34 AM
    Thank u for your help I went to every store tonight they aLl say this area is strange in a normal area???
    8830 gets better rec. Though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-08 11:56 PM
    Can anyone explain what CrackBlack is talking about?
    04-12-08 12:01 AM
    Can anyone explain what CrackBlack is talking about?
    By dialing *228 and pressing option #2 you'll update the software on the phone. Also, whenever you are having drop call issues, by dialing **** send, you'll bookmark the area in which the call was drop. By doing this, whenever you call Cust Serv they can go back and see which location that you drop calls and be able to identify if it a bad area that they'll need to address, or if it's your phone that is having the problem.
    NB. Verizon recommends that you use the *228 option at least once per month.
    04-12-08 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD