Will Verizon strip down the Pre of features once its available?
    09-20-09 12:27 AM
    which features ?
    09-20-09 12:40 AM
    gps? I've just heard how phones that come from diff carriers sometimes dont have all features when the come to Verizon
    09-20-09 12:42 AM
    Depends on the pricepoint.

But you heard wrong. Curve came to VZW with more hardware than it had on AT&T or T-Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 01:12 AM
    Why does everyone think that VZW "locks" people out of features. Honestly there are other carriers who dont allow 3rd party gps apps and dont have wifi on ALL their smartphones. *rolls eyes* Not every carrier has the same features... what features is the OP talking about. Who cares... its a palm I still fail to see the pretty in it. The commercial honestly annoys me.
    09-20-09 09:18 AM
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-22-09 10:03 AM
    Why does everyone think that VZW "locks" people out of features. Honestly there are other carriers who dont allow 3rd party gps apps and dont have wifi on ALL their smartphones. *rolls eyes* Not every carrier has the same features... what features is the OP talking about. Who cares... its a palm I still fail to see the pretty in it. The commercial honestly annoys me.
    VZW only locks out the ability to roam on AT&T.

The Palm is a very capable device. It did have some early build problems & the keyboard is cramped - upcoming models MIGHT correct this. Would I want to live with a Pre as my only phone? Probably not.

"Pretty" is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I find BlackBerrys and the iPhone ugly, while the N900, TP2 & O2 are very sexy.
    When I lay phones out for the non-tech-types, invariably they grab for the iPhone, TP2 & O2. The BlackBerrys are mostly ignored because they have no "wow factor" & look somewhat boring.

09-22-09 10:12 AM
    Oh I agree w u there hon,
    Maybe its my bias against palm
    I haven seen the n900 or TP2
    Honestly hate the O1 not sure how I'd feel about the sequel. But that's my loathing of an all touchscreen phone. That and the phone like to make me look like a fat fingered moron.
    I have the same feeling for the iPhone
    The wow of the blackberry may be plain jane... But I don't think its ment to be pretty u know? Its a business tool; always will be.
    Its just casual friday... :-)
    Can't wait to take a lookyloo at that nokia though... No chance of vzw getting it I suppose. Nokias seem to trend on gsm

09-22-09 10:32 AM
    VZW only locks out the ability to roam on AT&T.

The Palm is a very capable device. It did have some early build problems & the keyboard is cramped - upcoming models MIGHT correct this. Would I want to live with a Pre as my only phone? Probably not.

"Pretty" is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I find BlackBerrys and the iPhone ugly, while the N900, TP2 & O2 are very sexy.
    When I lay phones out for the non-tech-types, invariably they grab for the iPhone, TP2 & O2. The BlackBerrys are mostly ignored because they have no "wow factor" & look somewhat boring.

So you run from naked women, yet you find Nokias sexy. Twins, ill never understand you.

09-22-09 05:41 PM
    *snickers*
    I wasn't gonna say a word!

09-22-09 05:46 PM
    Lmao I didn't even THINK of that!

09-22-09 07:25 PM
    So you run from naked women, yet you find Nokias sexy. Twins, ill never understand you.
    As long as she is "Pre-Stripped" it is all good.

I run from "Stripped" women who I am not married to.

09-22-09 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD