Am I reading too much in to this? Says "as a gift" I can upgrade any of the 4 lines on my account - even though I just upgraded 2 of them 2 months ago????
    Last edited by asnyder; 11-14-08 at 05:22 PM. Reason: added text
    11-14-08 05:19 PM
    yer readin too much into it
    11-14-08 10:41 PM

Am I reading too much in to this? Says "as a gift" I can upgrade any of the 4 lines on my account - even though I just upgraded 2 of them 2 months ago????
    Your address was probably added to the mailer right before you actually upgraded.
    11-14-08 10:45 PM
    you may not be reading too much into it.

I have helped customers within the last 6 months that have received these kinds of mailers and they contained incorrect offers. Like offering a new every two credit on a secondary line. In the past, we have been advised to honor the mailer. So at the very least, I would go to your local store and check into it....assuming you want to upgrade those lines again. That mailer will expire though so you'll want to check the date. Also remember to take it with you when you go to the store.
    11-14-08 10:49 PM
    I got the same post card yesterday and I got the curve with my NE2 in May. I also have 3 other phones that were upgraded in Feb. I don't know if it's an error but I have the postcard and it mentions all 4 of my lines as eligible. I'll be getting my Storm at a 2yr price!!
    11-15-08 09:25 AM
    Well I sure hope I get a mailer, but if not I do love my curve, so either way I am happy, but I am a guy so I always want the latest and greatest, as my wife would call it, the something shiney syndrome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 01:27 PM
    hey guys,

did anybody use this pre holiday sale mailer to buy the storm yet???
    after much searching & driving around, finally found a store that had the storm in stock & i was just told by a verizon store mgr that the mailer is only good for the 2 other phones shown there - the env2 & the pearl
    & that i'd have to pay full price if i wanted the storm.
    this is ridiculous!!!
    11-21-08 02:07 PM
    hey guys,

did anybody use this pre holiday sale mailer to buy the storm yet???
    after much searching & driving around, finally found a store that had the storm in stock & i was just told by a verizon store mgr that the mailer is only good for the 2 other phones shown there - the env2 & the pearl
    & that i'd have to pay full price if i wanted the storm.
    this is ridiculous!!!
    That's not true. Go back to that store and tell the manager to look in the campaign look-up tool. It gives directions for the mailers. You can upgrade whatever line is listed on the mailer, but you can only get the holiday pricing on the phones that are featured as such on the mailer. You can upgrade to other phones, but you have to do a 2 yr agreement and pay the 2 yr promotional pricing.
    11-21-08 11:20 PM
    I also received this card, and hoped to get the Storm with it. I took it to my local store, and they told me that it was only for the two phones with the prices listed, and that the Storm was only on there as an add for a new product that was comming out. I tried arguing with them, but they wouldn't budge. I then called corporate sales, they told me the same thing. I tried all sorts of angles, like how it was missleading, a nasty bait-and-switch tactic, and the fact that I've been with them for more than ten years, but nothing would work. Finally I decided to try another store in a neighboring town. The manager looked at the card, and said "yep, it's on the card" and he gave me the deal. I guess it just takes some persistence, and a little luck.
    11-23-08 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD