Anyone know how long the powermat has been out to the general public?
    10-13-09 05:35 PM
    Powermat is new to the market, but has been in the news for awhile. There are a few similar products out there, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 05:53 PM
    Powermat is new to the market, but has been in the news for awhile. There are a few similar products out there, though.

I know its been in the news for a while.....but I am wondering when it was released. Doing some research on "New and emerging technology" for my Business Information Systems class
    10-13-09 05:56 PM
    A quick Bing check shows it debuted at CES2007, if that helps.

I can't tell you much more, as the concept never excited me - you have to add adapters for each device & that was more than I was ever interested in doing.

10-13-09 06:20 PM
    I have to agree with you. I know this post is more about when it came to the public but I really can't see the benefit in the Powermat charging systems. The mat itself costs $99 and then you get a battery door adapter for your Blackberry for $30. Really not worth it when I can keep the same battery door and use the drop in cradle to charge which still keeps my bold easy and quick access.
    10-13-09 08:01 PM
    I saw the commercial recently for this and i wondered how it worked myself. If its as simple as it says, this thing would be great for people like my girlfriend who loses her friggin charger once a month.
    10-14-09 06:21 PM
    I saw the commercial recently for this and i wondered how it worked myself. If its as simple as it says, this thing would be great for people like my girlfriend who loses her friggin charger once a month.
    It is inductive charging - the problem is you have to buy $30 backs for your phone (I think Curve is only BlackBerry right now), along with the pad.

The nice thing is that you can charge multiple devices on the same pad.

I think the site is powermat.com

10-14-09 07:37 PM
    Magnetic induction coils..... They have them for the pearl for sure cause I checked

10-14-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD