Hello - thinking of switching to Verizon due to service issues with my current carrier (A Suck & Suck ) and was wondering about the discount for military. I pulled this off a Google search and wondering if a Verizon rep can verify if this is still correct:

Military

All Military discounts now fall under the Federal Government Employee Discount. This includes active duty and reserves. ///Following statement is incorrect: However, it does not include veterans./// Any former US military service member who can produce evidence of prior service, specifically a Form DD 214, is eligible for this discount, which is 15%. In addition, it includes 20% off services (data etc) and 25% off accessories (case etc). Further, the activation fee is waived for all phones. The 15% discount is applied only to the base price for the first phone. (This information was accurate as of 1 Oct 2009, based on purchase of phones and activation of a service plan at a Verizon store on that date.) (As of 11/28/09 -- the discount for services is only 12%.)
    For veterans, ask for discount 117818 under Gov Employees. Bring DD214.

Any help would be appreciated. BTW, I am retired.
    10-06-11 07:48 PM
    It is. You'll need to bring your ID or pay stub.

BTW - Verizon has a referral program but it only works if I refer you before you get your discount. PM me if you want me to refer you. I'll get a $25 gift card and you'll get one too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 08:18 PM
    Hello - thinking of switching to Verizon due to service issues with my current carrier (A Suck & Suck ) and was wondering about the discount for military. I pulled this off a Google search and wondering if a Verizon rep can verify if this is still correct:

Military

All Military discounts now fall under the Federal Government Employee Discount. This includes active duty and reserves. ///Following statement is incorrect: However, it does not include veterans./// Any former US military service member who can produce evidence of prior service, specifically a Form DD 214, is eligible for this discount, which is 15%. In addition, it includes 20% off services (data etc) and 25% off accessories (case etc). Further, the activation fee is waived for all phones. The 15% discount is applied only to the base price for the first phone. (This information was accurate as of 1 Oct 2009, based on purchase of phones and activation of a service plan at a Verizon store on that date.) (As of 11/28/09 -- the discount for services is only 12%.)
    For veterans, ask for discount 117818 under Gov Employees. Bring DD214.

Any help would be appreciated. BTW, I am retired.
    I have also made the transition after my 24 years and 12 days. This deal works. I was able to get it from a CSR over the phone. She told me to have my DD214 available if they (Big Red) ever wanted to verify my eligibility. They haven't asked yet.
    Last edited by Underway99; 10-07-11 at 12:21 AM.
    10-07-11 12:19 AM
    I have also made the transition after my 24 years and 12 days. This deal works. I was able to get it from a CSR over the phone. She told me to have my DD214 available if they (Big Red) ever wanted to verify my eligibility. They haven't asked yet.
    Nice! Thanks for the information.
    10-09-11 06:59 AM
    It is. You'll need to bring your ID or pay stub.

BTW - Verizon has a referral program but it only works if I refer you before you get your discount. PM me if you want me to refer you. I'll get a $25 gift card and you'll get one too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sent you a PM.
    10-09-11 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD