04-14-13 11:45 AM
72 123
tools
    Ordered! (yesterday)
    03-15-13 10:51 AM
    In other GREAT NEWS: I saw my first BlackBerry Z10 commercial, post SuperBowl, last night on the Cooking Channel!

My wife looked at me and said, "Is that the one you're getting me?"

Me: "Yes honey, but yours is white!" Big smile on her face!
    03-15-13 11:15 AM
    I am not for sure, I might try to post something in the Z10 forum to get people's opinions.
    Here is link to thread I started requesting opinions for White vs. Black in regards to the feel of the device. Not a whole lot of info, but some.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...te-z10-782092/
    03-15-13 12:36 PM
    Orderd mine over the phone full price cause I hate contracts. The lady that took the order was suprised that I already had my
    Otterbox for it. Orderd that Jan 30th. Can't wait this is going to be awsome. Will finally be able to tell all my friends with Crapples and Droidtards were to put it.
    I already have an Otterbox and an extra battery and charger here. Crackberry store emailed me the other day asking me to review the battery and charger. I thought to myself "As soon as VZW releases it" lol
    03-16-13 01:28 AM
    Just placed the order for my white one
    03-16-13 08:13 PM
    I switched from Prepaid T-Mo to Verizon. Pre ordered yesterday, just because T-Mo is taking to long with what they are doing with the Z10. Also, I was using a ATT MVNO phone, so this will make the monthly bill smaller to a degree. Shouldn't have left Verizon.
    03-17-13 06:15 AM
    I didn't push the issue so much since I won't be back from Japan for another year. But the guy made it sound like that because I don't already have an LTE plan, I have to ugrade to the tiered data plan when I upgrade to it.
    YOU BETTER PUSH THE ISSUE AND NOT LET THEM TAJE YOUR UNLIMITED DATA AWAY. YOU PAID FULL RETAIL PRICE SO YOU GET YO KEEP YOUR UNLIMITED DATA. DONT COME HERE CRYING IN A FEW MONTHS WITH OVERAGEZ FEES ON YOUR BILL.

iSheep... iSheep... Meowww that's Apple VZW GSIII
    03-17-13 01:21 PM
    I just ordered my Z10 from our Verizon business rep! Cannot tell you how excited I am. I was on the fence a bit about whether I wanted black or white, but I just think the white looks white-hot, so I went with that one.

And, by the way, my rep said they were shipping them so that I would RECEIVE it by March 28 - he said they were shipping before that and I could potentially get it a few days earlier! I'm hoping for an early week surprise next week!
    03-18-13 11:42 AM
    Walked into an ATT store just to see if they had one to see in person. Manager had one and said I was the only one inquiring but was happy to let me see it. ( he stated he wasn't supposed to show anyone yet...) Very clean, and just like all the videos...fast and fluid! I pre-ordered from Verizon and can't wait until we finally get ours! I'm located in Colorado and so far if I happen into any phone store no one seems to know much about the new BB Z10. This ATT mgr. was very excited now that he has one.
    Soon!
    03-18-13 06:11 PM
    i had an interesting conversation w/ a verizon rep via chat. some good news about Blackberry in general.
    direct copy/ paste:
    Kentavious: We have a lot of people already pre-ordering the Z10.
    You: do you see how many people?
    Kentavious: Over 200 thousand pre-oders made. I think this will be a nice phone. I can not wait until they do get here. Im probably going to get me one.

now, not so good news.. are you guys upset that other countries already lowered Z10 cost to $100 w/ contract? so if we wait 1 month, we can get it for 1/2 price?? thats a bad move!
    Retailers lowering BlackBerry Z10 prices less than a month after launch - Pocket-lint
    03-19-13 12:01 PM
    My white Z10 is on the way for my daughter. making her choose the color meant I didn't have to for mine.
    03-19-13 02:07 PM
    Ordered the day of the release and the countdown began! Got VZW "update email" about 7:35 that morning, online at 8am. Funny. I got the white and black back to make the oreo. Not sure what case I will use yet, but I need something like the hard rubber case (faux carbon backing) with clip holster since I don't carry it in my pocket except for weekends, but I tend to lay my phone down in the shop quite often at work. But let's just say, I feel like a my 5 year old waiting for Christmas - I keep looking out front to see if I missed Brown Santa (or Purple).
    03-20-13 12:53 PM
    Ordered today... I was debating on buying it in the store or preordering..
    03-21-13 09:18 PM
    Ordered my black Z10 today using my husband's line upgrade. Now to find a case.
    03-24-13 01:56 PM
    Ordered my black Z10 today using my husband's line upgrade. Now to find a case.
    Ordering mine when I get my upgrade!!!
    03-24-13 02:40 PM
    my vzw store said theyre getting their shipment tuesday and theyll be available then

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    ummie4 likes this.
    03-24-13 04:58 PM
    I stopped by my local Corporate Verzion store last week to pre-order one, the sales rep mentioned for me to just stop in that day and pick one up instead of waiting for the mail.
    03-24-13 05:28 PM
    White z10 should be on the way shortly. But - its annoying.

My account is through my university. I graduated in December but alumni can have phone accounts with Verizon sprint or AT&T with them. It's great because its considered a government account and is very cheap but everything has to be done through them.

So I have to wait for verizon to ship the phone to my school in michigan and then for them to ship it to be in NYC.

Wahhhhhhhh!!!!
    03-25-13 02:49 AM
    Yeah that does suck. I feel your pain.
    03-25-13 06:12 AM
    i think i ordered mine also but i received a order number and location code... is this correct? what should it look like?
    03-28-13 09:04 PM
    Ordered mine and my wife's white Z10's today for $139.99 from Walmart (not a fan of Walmart, but can't beat that price). Just got notification tat delivery is scheduled for March 30th.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-28-13 09:36 PM
    In Denver Colorado pre-ordered my wife's White Z10 $199 from Verizon on the first day at 0600 (was using a Motorola Android and she hated it, was not very intuitive for a non technical person with long finger nails) . Wife is still learning that the problems she had with the Android are not the same which required a lot of remembering operations for functions, it was somewhat confusing for her, the Z10 once she understands the finger and screen operations now is becoming very easy for her to use. She has been using the Playbook 64 Gig with few problems, the Z10 was only giving her problems because it was too simple to use compared to the Android ( I am sure some Android user will have something to say about this).

On the day my wife's phone arrive 29 March went to the local Version store to help her get it setup, I was hoping to get find that I could get the Z10 it earlier than 8 May, no luck. I had to wait to get my Black Z10 but was able to get my upgrade date moved 30 days earlier by calling their loyal customer group ( I like working with them) to 8 April The local Costco $149 got their Verizon Z10's the day after released being released at Verizon, talked to them and came back on Monday 1 April. The Costco kiosk let me get it a week early since their policy allows an upgrades a week prior to the upgrade date without having ask the manager. The local Verizon did not say other this even though the loyalty person did mention this on the phone, got a better price.

Had a few problems but only after using it heavily on a business trip two weeks later, Maps worked the first night to find my hotel from the airport, worked better than anything I have ever used allowed plenty on time to make the lane changes with the voice update. Nice street display using a nighttime display, didn't have look at the phone much and it got me to the front door of the hotel.

Next day after finishing work I used the Blackberry Map to located a local Costco, worked great, tried setting it up for my second stop, the phone said it could not find the navigation system with nothing but blue sky overhead, after a couple of program restarts that did nothing ended up trying to reboot by powering it down, had to take it up and down twice before I was able to used the Map to find my next stop, worked fine again, then used it again to get back to the hotel with no more problems.

That night setup the alarm for first time, the alarm sound was set to sunrise, did not make a sound at 0630 the next morning, required a reboot. This got some much needed sleep since I didn't need to be at my work location that early.

Used the Map later in the day to find my way to the airport with no problem, but was playing Bejeweled2 got to the third level and the it stopped dead and my Z10 rebooted for the first time. Have to believe there is still some problems with memory management. Waiting for the software updates to be sent out for the Verizon phones. Not planning on getting all excited like some, been using both Storms and the Torch, they were not free from problems. The Z10 even with the memory issues is still by far better than the previous BB touch phones.

Only a few issues I did like the flashing green LED showing a network connection, the music player is missing features such as the equalizer. The Map program lets you a good search base on you location, but won't let you pick a point on the map by touching a location or what side of the street your destination will be on. This could be problem in some locations trying turn not knowing which side of the street your location is on. Now that there are a lot more users with more eyes on the Z10, it will get a workout. I have been a systems engineer for a long time and have found out that there is nothing is perfect, users will always have problems, find ways to crash systems and at the same time find all of what is missing or broken. Testing is never complete until the users have a go at it, they are not blinded by always following test procedures that are geared towards how something is suppose to work.

So here in Denver Verizon has finally put out a large Z10 ad in the Sunday paper, there were large signs in the window at the Verizon stores but not on the first day, Best Buy had a small second page ad for AT&T.

Covered a lot in this post, nothing has been added for a while in this thread, but it appeared that this would be the best place to post. I have been following CrackBerry for a long time but was never inclined to enter into some of the posts since their appear to be a lot of negative uninformed bias opinions from non-Blackberry users. So it's sometimes hard to sort out facts from fiction. There are no perfect products from any manufacture, but there are manufactures that are willing to work to provide what the users want and do not treat them as cash flow consumers. Blackberry has a solid user group which needs a good tool to do their jobs when needed, provide some release with games and help them with their private time & leisure activities. Not sure how my post will be received, in the early days of PC there were definite lines drawn between users by the type of systems they used. I always built my own PC which put me into using DOS and Windows. I have used other operating systems but not as my primary. Smartphones now have more power than a lot of PC's and there are more discussions going on about smartphones and sides are being taken by some user groups in the same as PC's in the same way. There never be one phone, operating system or anything else that perfect for every persons needs. I like to base my technology decisions on what works for me using good valid information sources.
    Attached Thumbnails Post here if you ordered your Z10 from Verizon!-verizon-z10-ad.jpg  
    04-14-13 11:45 AM
72 123