I have a 9650 and I was wondering if I'd be able to switch the sim card on my storm 2. Will it work or do I still have to call verizon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-10 11:35 AM
    Verizons sim cards dont work the way you are thinking. They only work like that when you are using them overseas. You can put it in any phone you want because all it is, is a little piece of plastic that does nothing in the united states. If you want to activate a different phone you have to do an ESN change. You can do that by going online or calling into customer service.
    07-29-10 11:37 AM
    Are you planning on using both devices on VZW? If so you don't need the SIM cards. You need to change your PIN on the BIS site.

The SIM cards are for use on GSM carriers, such as overseas. They have no effect on VZW. You can use either phone on VZW with no SIM card even in the phone.
    07-29-10 11:39 AM
    Ok thanks a lot I'm just going to go to the store and do it

07-29-10 11:41 AM
    Ok thanks a lot I'm just going to go to the store and do it

Just call customer service or do the ESN change online. Or here you go.... Dial *228 and hit 3 once the automated lady starts talking to you. It will then ask whats the number you want activated on that phone, type in your cellphone number. Thats it, 2 minute process that works perfect. No need to go into a store and waste a reps time or your time.
    07-29-10 11:44 AM
    Ok thanks I didn't know about the *228 way. I usually just go into the store

07-29-10 11:48 AM
    I hope I'm not hijacking....

So if I wanted to leave me Bold-9650 at home and take my older 8830 (both verizon), I could just dial that 228 number from the 8830 and follow your instructions and the 8830 would be ONLINE, so to speak, as my phone and get my email, etc as if nothing else happened? And to go back, I would use the 9650 and call 228 and follow the same?

Fascinating.
    07-29-10 05:44 PM
    Yes, except that you also need to log in the the BIS page and change the device to the "new" device in order to activate that device on the BIS get the emails pushed to that device.

Then when you switch back, you would need to do it again for your Bold.
    07-29-10 06:12 PM
    Thanks for the info. So dial from the currently INactive phone and then do the BIS - got it. The 8830 could see some action on hiking trips again!
    07-29-10 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD