I got a replacement Tour about a week ago through Verizon. I just installed Pandora for it and when I launched the app there were already a bunch of stations on there. I go into the options and see that there is an email address that is logged in. Obviously there is something wrong here. I googled the email and nothing came up but I went onto facebook to see and sure enough its a registered email to a person. Seems to be that when they wipe a phone they're not doing a good job.

The real question is what else could be left on the phone when you send it in. Im definitely going to do research on this matter. Granted it is only Pandora, but who knows what other information is on the phone.

Could someone possible sue over this?
    06-23-10 12:02 AM
    Sue over this, the user should look into wiping the device before sending back themselves.
    06-23-10 12:20 AM
    same thing happend to my Sprint Tour. Loaded Pandora and it had someone elses info on it
    06-23-10 12:23 AM
    and I would have emailed the person to find out why they sent it back lol just kidding. Guess we know the answer to all of those questions about sending back phones with leaked OS, I guess they really don't check..
    06-23-10 12:23 AM
    That is why anytime I send anything back it gets a full wipe and force to factory reset.

Plus the center should also verify this as well.. Just imagine what they see some times.....
    06-23-10 12:26 AM
    I sent the guy a message over facebook letting him know of this issue. Im gonna contact verizon soon about this.

Maybe this isnt an issue with verizon, could be with Pandora. Seems like a way people could get peoples emails. Its just the beginning for fraud or even spam. People could sell the email addresses. Im not going to log the phone out just so I can provide proof
    06-23-10 12:30 AM
    Pandora did that to me and I hadn't installed it but I didn't even have to log in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 03:58 AM
    Maybe Pandora associates the device ID / BB PIN or something else, with an email address automatically?
    06-23-10 10:19 AM
    My first guess would have been Pandora prolly recognizes an ip address, but that means an ip address would have to be attached to a phone, and not a number.

So yeah Maybe by Pin?
    06-23-10 11:27 AM
    When customers have to send their phones away to be replaced, they are required to do a full wipe of the phone before they send it in. Its on the instructions mailed with their replacement phone. With BB's, you can choose to erase just the contacts and messaging info OR everything. My guess, is the person who was still logged into Pandora didn't do the full wipe.

Same thing happened to me with a BB 8330 I gave to a friend of mine. I wiped it, but didn't do the full wipe, so when we activated it under his number my pandora account was still loaded up.
    06-23-10 12:20 PM
    This worries me. The last time I had a problem with my Curve, I took it into a Verizon Wireless store thinking it was a service issue. Instead, they replaced the phone. I specifically asked if I could take the phone home first and wipe it and then bring it back, and the girl (who already had my old phone and wasn't giving it back) insisted that they would wipe it before they sent it away. I asked to stay and watch her wipe it, but she said they were having computer issues and basically shuffled me off.
    06-23-10 07:07 PM
    You don't need a computer to wipe it.
    06-23-10 07:11 PM
    bumping all these threads. this just happened to me and I cant log out of the other account and cant (dont know how?) to log in with my account. totally sucks.
    07-17-10 03:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD