My current vzw dumbphone is falling apart and I have a few old sprint cdma phones lying around. Is it possible to activate them on verizon's network? Is there a place to check which phones are compatible?
    03-24-09 10:49 AM
    While possible, this is very unlikely. VZW still doesn't allow other carriers' devices on its network.

You can try an ESN switch on your own, but the system may still recognize it as a Sprint phone, telling you it cannot be done

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 04:59 PM
    Thanks for the response. Looks like I will have to buy a used Verizon phone.

(But I can't buy one from a forum member because those threads get shut down )
    03-24-09 05:52 PM
    Try asking around - I know many people have perfectly good cellphones lying around. Someone you know might have a 2 year old cellphone they had on VZW before they upgraded.
    03-24-09 10:36 PM
    Try craigslist, that's where I got my first curve

03-24-09 11:58 PM
    Try asking around - I know many people have perfectly good cellphones lying around. Someone you know might have a 2 year old cellphone they had on VZW before they upgraded.
    I did try asking around, but someone complained about the thread and it was closed.

One of my friends had an old vzw phone that he's letting me use until the 9630 comes out, so that should take care of everything.

Thank you all for your advice and help
    03-25-09 12:22 AM
    Sure thing - I was meaning to ask friends. Much safer than online.

03-25-09 12:46 AM
    My current vzw dumbphone is falling apart and I have a few old sprint cdma phones lying around. Is it possible to activate them on verizon's network? Is there a place to check which phones are compatible?
    I will sell you my 8830 when the Niagara comes out!
    03-25-09 10:31 AM
    I will sell you my 8830 when the Niagara comes out!
    Haha, that is day that I will also be buying the Niagra. Thanks though.
    03-25-09 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD