Is it possible to get out of paying to cancel your contract if you are going to immediately start a new one?
    10-23-09 04:24 PM
    probably depends on how helpful the service rep is....but, they'll probably view it as an "upgrade" (depending on what you're going from, and to)
    10-23-09 04:26 PM
    That's most likely not going to happen. I've never heard of a rep (store or ccare) obliging this. Its considered fraud. Fine cxl the contract and get another but you will pay the etf.
    IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 04:42 PM
    But, we're not exactly sure what the plan is. If he's got a voice plan, and trys to add a data plan, you think he's going to get a contract break fee??
    10-23-09 04:43 PM
    Keeping same number & just changing plans? No contract modification & no ETF.

Trying to split a line off from an account that isn't yours & the account holder won't agree to let you assume liability? New contract & ETF on old line.

You cannot use a new contract to break an old one.

10-23-09 04:48 PM
    Sorry, I guess I can clarify. I have a Voice plan right now with a non-Blackberry phone and I want to get a Blackberry. So I was going to cancel my contract and get a Blackberry but was wondering if it was possible to not have to pay to cancel if I am going to start another one.
    It sounds like OP is not eligible for a phone discount and wants to disconnect their service (with no ETF) then start a new contract with a phone discount.

You should be fine, they WANT you to add stuff to your bill!
    10-23-09 04:49 PM
    I don't know; just sounds like he's trying to break contract to get an upgrade pricing. Also saying that I'm sure most reps would pick up on that. If that's not the case... Well that's a different story and would be up to the rep

10-23-09 04:49 PM
    Sorry, I guess I can clarify. I have a Voice plan right now with a non-Blackberry phone and I want to get a Blackberry. So I was going to cancel my contract and get a Blackberry but was wondering if it was possible to not have to pay to cancel if I am going to start another one.
    You have to be away for a certain amount of time - I believe six months AND have paid the ETF before you can get upgrade pricing.

It sounds like OP is not eligible for a phone discount and wants to disconnect their service (with no ETF) then start a new contract with a phone discount.
    We know that won't happen.

10-23-09 05:36 PM
    Not going to happen.

10-23-09 06:25 PM
    That is considered "false churn" or "commission fraud" No rep with any kind of work ethic will do that for you. They can lose their job on the spot.
    10-23-09 07:24 PM
    That is considered "false churn" or "commission fraud" No rep with any kind of work ethic will do that for you. They can lose their job on the spot.
    Thatd in addition to the fact that they can't waive your termination fee.

10-23-09 07:42 PM
    1. It will never happen.
    2. If you cancel your contract you lose your number.
    10-24-09 02:22 PM
    That's a negative. False church FTL.
    10-24-09 06:43 PM
    Lots of false churches out there. This idea is one of them.
    10-25-09 04:01 AM
    ya think!?
    People trying to cheat the system again... just like section 8 housing and welfare.
    (not dissing it; just the people who take over advantage of it... like getting your rent paid for by the state but you have a 50in plazma PS3 Xbox 360 and 3 blackberries )
    10-25-09 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD