I know a lot of times we like to complain about customer service, but I wanted to share my last call with VZ.

Basically, my Storm had the issues of random reboots and just this morning, the screen is black, but the phone is on. I called up and after navigating the menu, I was quickly connected with a rep. I explained the problem and in an understanding manor he basically reiterated the problem back to me in a very understanding manor. Maybe he's seen this problem a time or two, but it was nice to hear him getting it without much explanation. After that he quickly verified my account info and said they would do a warranty exchange. Needing a phone, I asked if I could pay for express shipping. He mentioned it was typically $14.99, but after a quick check he found that regular next day was only $2.12. The call was finished up and everything taken care of.

Typically, I feel like I have to educate the CS rep about the product and the issue. Maybe even argue about a replacement which is frustrating. This call was the exact opposite. Took under 10 minutes, I got what I needed and was very happy after hanging up.
    03-26-09 12:16 PM
    actually so far I have not had a bad experience with VZW's customer service.....been very impressed by that
    03-26-09 12:23 PM
    And when you treat them with courtesy and respect, your experience will be even better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 01:24 PM
    And when you treat them with courtesy and respect, your experience will be even better.

a-freaking-men. Yesterday after rude and even more rude customers, I got THE NICEST guy on the line ever who (surprise) was having issues with an I-760, due to the fact he was being so polite after I was having a rough day (also basically just accepting everything I told him about how he HAS to get another I-760 based on the policy) the customer recieved basically a free upgrade rather than a replacement I-760.

you attract more flies with honey, ya know?
    03-26-09 03:28 PM
    I've always enjoyed dealing with verizon cs wen on some occassions I've needed too - and the rep's were always ready to help anyway they could-i can't say a bad thing about them-they've always been good to me! I like hearing other people having the same pleasant experiences wen needed.

03-27-09 09:15 PM
    actually so far I have not had a bad experience with VZW's customer service.....been very impressed by that
    I have had a couple bad experiences.

Then again, I am just a grouchy, demanding old buzzard who is sometimes difficult to deal with.

I know, I know - you'd never guess that reading some of my posts.

03-27-09 09:52 PM
    Thanks for spreading the positivity as well! I have dealt with a few idiots in CS and know what you mean about educating them. I've had a few pleasant experiences as well where they went above and beyond.

03-27-09 10:05 PM
    Thanks for sharing a positive CS experience with us all.
    03-29-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD