I just recently ported my number from Verizon to T-Mobile. I called up Verizon customer service to make sure my account was canceled once the number porting went through and they confirmed that it was. The customer service rep also told me that I can port my number back and they would waive my early termination fee within 90 days. I already sold my Verizon BlackBerry Tour to help pay for my final bill and ETF. So, what would happen if T-Mobile service doesn't work out for me and I want to port my number back to Verizon? Would my contract begin from where I left off or would I have to resign a new contract? Also, would I have to buy a new phone at full retail or do you think they would give me some type of discount? If anybody has any similar prior experiences your comments would be greatly appreciated.
    03-02-10 03:25 PM
    Chances are you would be given a discounted rate on a phone, possibly the 2yr price, or if you were eligible for any NE2 credits you may end up getting those. You would then start another 2yr agreement from that point forward.
    03-02-10 03:33 PM
    You'll probably be treated as a new customer or given new contract pricing as you'll be signing a new contract. As you said you paid the ETF and terminated your old one. You won't get any NE2 credit though.
    03-02-10 04:03 PM
    I did exactly this, except I went for AT&T. I cancelled my plan (2 lines) and sold one phone (EnV3) since I was already off contract with my Storm2. I paid my 160 ETF and left clear.

I had two iPhones for 29 days and decided to come back to Verizon. We walked into a corp. Verizon store. They allowed my wife to get a new phone at 2 year upgrade price, they waived her ETF (which I had not even paid yet since it had JUST posted to my account). We ported our two numbers back in and since I brought my Storm2 back on from the previous account, I'm on month-to-month.

They will put it as a WINBACK in their computer system which waives activation, ETF (if applicable), and allow upgrades at 2 year pricing without NE2.
    03-02-10 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD