Well, I just jumped ship from tmobile and am the proud owner of a new blackberry Tour. That doesn't do anything.
    I saved some bucks by getting it from best buy, and the teenager there didn't know how to do a number port and gave me a temporary number. So when I got home I called VZW and got the porting process started. I am unable to make or recieve calls, no blackberry service either. *228 option 1 and 2 came back unsuccessful. I just called VZW again and he said the system is undergoing scheduled maintenance and he cant access the account until 6am tomorrow. So I am stuck in a wasteland in the middle of a number porting operation with neither phone working. FML!
    Will be nice when we get the kinks worked out though. It seems like a real nice device so far with excellent call quality on all my unsuccessful calls
    07-18-09 11:59 PM
    All good now, and its as awesome as I thought it would be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 04:59 AM
    yes its never safe to do a number port if you need your phone that day.. sometimes the process can be a pain.. but happy it works now enjoy the phone!
    07-19-09 01:41 PM
    Thanks to govt regulations and ancient exchange assignments, porting a phone number is a very flaky process.

The companies, if left to their own devices, could do it in seconds, but they are not allowed to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 04:09 PM