My boyfriend & I have pre-ordered Storms at Best Buy. We would like to keep our same numbers that we currently have at US Cellular.
    My question is: does Best Buy have the porting ability when setting up a new activation? Or will I be stuck with a new number?

The reason I ask is that my town does not have a Best Buy so we had to go to our nearest store, about an hour away. I just don't want a new number with a different area code from where I live.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this for me.
    11-21-08 12:53 PM
    You should be able to port. You will need the temp number on your BB until the poert is completed. If best buy will not do it, then VZW ans they will. DO NOT cancel the other account until the port is completed.
    11-21-08 05:03 PM
    Porting can take as little as 2-3 hours.
    11-22-08 01:05 AM
    My boyfriend & I have pre-ordered Storms at Best Buy. We would like to keep our same numbers that we currently have at US Cellular.
    My question is: does Best Buy have the porting ability when setting up a new activation? Or will I be stuck with a new number?

The reason I ask is that my town does not have a Best Buy so we had to go to our nearest store, about an hour away. I just don't want a new number with a different area code from where I live.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this for me.
    My friend purchased a phone through BestBuy and was able to port her number with out any issues. Port was complete by the time we left the store and this was a year ago.
    11-22-08 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD