Here in town reception is good for the most part, all except in my neighborhood. I rarely get data coverage and voice coverage is very spotty, which is unusual because the rest of town gets great reception. The town I live in is on one big hill and I just so happen to live on a side of town that is built on a steep slope. My point is that I finally got mad enough to call Verizon and complain, I realize its not anyones fault and dont expect anything unreasonable. The rep and technician were very helpful and he filled out a "trouble ticket" and they are supposed to get back to me with the results of some sort of tests they will conduct in my area. He told me that there had been one other trouble ticket filled out in my zip code and that if they find the results match my description then they would be willing to let me out of my contract ETF free.

My question is, what kind of tests will they conduct and what would be the full extent of my options? I would rather not cancel service, as I love Verizon and transferring service would be a huge pain in the a$$. I have three lines of service, all with Blackberrys so not getting data coverage is a huge waste of $. What would you do?
    04-30-09 11:40 AM
    I am not sure what tests they are going to run but instead of canceling your contract you can always ask them if they will give you one of these:Enter your location free instead. I have read conflicting reports on whether or not data will be improved. Whenever they call you or you call them back ask them about it.
    Oh and you can also try *228 option 2 if you haven't already.
    04-30-09 01:19 PM
    Here in town reception is good for the most part, all except in my neighborhood. I rarely get data coverage and voice coverage is very spotty, which is unusual because the rest of town gets great reception. The town I live in is on one big hill and I just so happen to live on a side of town that is built on a steep slope. My point is that I finally got mad enough to call Verizon and complain, I realize its not anyones fault and dont expect anything unreasonable. The rep and technician were very helpful and he filled out a "trouble ticket" and they are supposed to get back to me with the results of some sort of tests they will conduct in my area. He told me that there had been one other trouble ticket filled out in my zip code and that if they find the results match my description then they would be willing to let me out of my contract ETF free.

My question is, what kind of tests will they conduct and what would be the full extent of my options? I would rather not cancel service, as I love Verizon and transferring service would be a huge pain in the a$$. I have three lines of service, all with Blackberrys so not getting data coverage is a huge waste of $. What would you do?

One of the test trucks will come out to the area and monitor the service or lack of it.

Another option would be to invest in one of the new nextwork extenders, we've had a lot of customers try those (essentially a small cell tower for your home) and they seem to work quite well.
    04-30-09 01:41 PM
    I would definitely try dialing the *228 and choose option 2 and let it do its thing. It might as you to re power or reset it and it might do it on its own. I have done it to other peoples phones and its really helped
    04-30-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD