05-05-09 04:03 AM
54 123
tools
    That's not entirely true. Our customer service reps and tech support do not work on commission

And actually buying a phone has nothing to do with it either. We don't make a penny on phones. We get paid on contracts and services and accessories.
    Thanks for clearing that up, I once seen or was told that the entire store was on commission.

Actually I think it's more because people have built their lives around wireless.
    I would agree to that, and I would agree that I am one of them. I do about 90-95% of my Internet and emailing from my blackberry, however I do have my old fashion laptop/desktop that I can fall back on if something is wrong with the blackberry.

that may be true but the question is... why does a customer (you) seem to be always throwing it back on the customer verse the provider of the service?

last I remember, we do pay for this service so... a lot of people here preach as if cell phone carriers are doing us some sort of favor and giving us a gift

we are giving them our services just as much as we are getting theirs!
    Maybe it is the type of work I am in, listening to everyone complain about every little thing. People need to grow up. There is no reason to to call up to CSR or go into a store, screaming and yelling and throwing things. If people would act like adults then all would be okay.

I pay for Electric, Cable and Gas service as well. I would not think about calling them demanding credit on my account because it was way to hot this summer and I had to run my A/C 24/7, should I get a credit because of that? Same thing as my 15yo son going over his minutes by 400 minutes, he was on spring break and talked a lot.
    04-28-09 02:44 PM
    Even though I am not with verizon, and this kinda goes for all carriers, I just feel like the store reps are like leeches sitting and waiting for their prey.
    04-28-09 03:00 PM
    Even though I am not with verizon, and this kinda goes for all carriers, I just feel like the store reps are like leeches sitting and waiting for their prey.
    Thank you, so nice of you to say!
    04-28-09 03:13 PM

Maybe it is the type of work I am in, listening to everyone complain about every little thing. People need to grow up. There is no reason to to call up to CSR or go into a store, screaming and yelling and throwing things. If people would act like adults then all would be okay.

I pay for Electric, Cable and Gas service as well. I would not think about calling them demanding credit on my account because it was way to hot this summer and I had to run my A/C 24/7, should I get a credit because of that? Same thing as my 15yo son going over his minutes by 400 minutes, he was on spring break and talked a lot.
    I agree. I've asked a couple of customers on occasion when they have been especially out of line, "did you ask for gas for free when it was nearly 5 dollars a gallon?".

I know a good customer service experience isn't as easy to find anymore, but acting like a child doesn't right the situation either
    04-28-09 03:21 PM
    oh i agree with you that customer can act like total @$$e$ but i did not even say anything when he dropped my phone so why was he rude to me
    04-28-09 04:09 PM
    I would definitely call 611 and talk to customer service and tell them what happened. I was treated like crap at a store and they replaced my phone and gave me every accessory there was for the phone like car charger any case extra battery and some other stuff. Also they had a report done on the manager of the store that was being a duesche.
    04-28-09 04:34 PM
    Thank you, so nice of you to say!
    I am not saying all of them are but about 93% are. And this goes for all of the carriers.......I will revise what I say and exclude any store reps that are on crackberry because crackberry people are the greatest
    04-28-09 06:56 PM

Have you stopped into a Verizon Wireless Corporate store ever? They are not leeches, because you have to sign in on a computer, that throws your name up in a pending Que and then you wait around for 30 or 40 minutes to get help.
    04-28-09 09:10 PM
    So sign in and go get a drink
    04-28-09 09:48 PM
    So sign in and go get a drink
    Maybe I will do that then
    04-28-09 11:05 PM
    unless the rep is a guy and there is a cute girl after you then they might take your name out and take care of the girl like what they did y 2 me lol
    04-28-09 11:26 PM
    yea, 611 people are generally great! I had 611 manager argue with a store manager to the point of threatening write ups just because of their non sense at the store. Nice to know 611 is trained and kind enough to look out for us...

*611 cannot write up a store manager. Stores do not answer to call centers. The fact that people think stores answer to *611 is laughable. The reason people have such a great experience over the phone is because they will give you whatever you want if you cry like a little ***** long enough.

There was a time that when *611 notated an account for some free stuff, the store would oblige ONLY because the store wouldnt be penalized for discounting the equipment. Yes, store managers' bonuses are tied in with their discounting and crediting.

Now, and Ive worked in 2 different regions in the last year, even if *611 notates an account, the manager can flat out refuse, ESPECIALLY if he has already told you "no."

And if someone threw a phone at me, thats your ***. You will be arrested for assault. and keep in mind that I have your address.

Ive never seen people lose their mind like I have in wireless sales. It makes me mourn for America.
    04-29-09 01:05 AM
    Several reasons..my phone wouldnt take any calls..and if it did it would only ring for about 2 to 4 seconds and went straight to voicemail, they didnt know what to do. after that i was being charged for rhapsody. i never used it, i think its pointless i never look at my statement i just send the payment. and now my phone isnt letting me send or get videos or pictures. Im changing to at&t next month and im thinking about getting the blackberry bold or blackberry 8820
    Well obviously your phone shouldn't be acting like that. Instead of switching have you tried troubleshooting?

*611 cannot write up a store manager. Stores do not answer to call centers. The fact that people think stores answer to *611 is laughable. The reason people have such a great experience over the phone is because they will give you whatever you want if you cry like a little ***** long enough.

There was a time that when *611 notated an account for some free stuff, the store would oblige ONLY because the store wouldnt be penalized for discounting the equipment. Yes, store managers' bonuses are tied in with their discounting and crediting.

Now, and Ive worked in 2 different regions in the last year, even if *611 notates an account, the manager can flat out refuse, ESPECIALLY if he has already told you "no."

And if someone threw a phone at me, thats your ***. You will be arrested for assault. and keep in mind that I have your address.

Ive never seen people lose their mind like I have in wireless sales. It makes me mourn for America.
    Stores do have different leaders than Customer Care via phone, however, if an area executive talks to your store manager you better believe that the manager will listen. Even if that area executive is on the *611 side.

Please do not even get me started on all the things store reps do. /sigh.
    04-29-09 05:46 AM
    *611 cannot write up a store manager. Stores do not answer to call centers. The fact that people think stores answer to *611 is laughable.
    Laughable? I don't know about that........quite often a customer, just to back themselves up, will call customer service before they come in to the store, and get a resolution to their situation, which is remarked in their account, and we are to follow what it says.

They don't govern those of us who work in the stores, but as far as handling customer service issues go, if it says they were granted something in the remarks, we are to honor it.
    04-29-09 07:16 AM
    Laughable? I don't know about that........quite often a customer, just to back themselves up, will call customer service before they come in to the store, and get a resolution to their situation, which is remarked in their account, and we are to follow what it says.

They don't govern those of us who work in the stores, but as far as handling customer service issues go, if it says they were granted something in the remarks, we are to honor it.
    I just want to say that I have received nothing but EXCELLENT customer service at any Pittsburgh area store that I have visited.
    04-29-09 07:28 AM

And so they should. It is not like the customer put the notes in the account.
    04-29-09 01:40 PM
    so today i went back to the verizon store and they were very helpful this time around which was awesome but they were not able to totally set up my phone because the is a data outage in my area
    04-29-09 03:08 PM

I just want to say that I have received nothing but EXCELLENT customer service at any Pittsburgh area store that I have visited.

Thank you, we are very proud of our service in the Pittsburgh area. Contrary to a notoriously missing member of this forum and his derogatory remark about the area we live in, the OH/PA market is VZW's top performing market in the company year after year.
    04-29-09 03:31 PM
    And so they should. It is not like the customer put the notes in the account.

No one was debating that, the topic was that the phone customer service ruled our operation in the stores, which is not true.
    04-29-09 03:32 PM
    actually the topic i started was how i had a bad experience at a corp store
    04-29-09 04:05 PM
    actually the topic i started was how i had a bad experience at a corp store
    Glad that you had a better experience going back to the store.
    04-29-09 05:32 PM

If it's within policy, the store will honor it. Often times, cust serv will go outside of the box and send the customer into the store to get a brand new phone instead of a fru. In every instance in the last 8 months, Ive seen store managers force the cust service to send the customer the phone. we dont have the resources to just give crap away because people on the phone are afraid to tell a customer "no".
    04-29-09 10:45 PM
    Kind of like how store reps call us for credits, plan changes, esn changes right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 11:18 PM
    Kind of like how store reps call us for credits, plan changes, esn changes right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I avoid calling cust. service at all costs. its a total waste of time and If you guys treat our customers the way you treat us, I'm surprised we keep anybody.
    04-29-09 11:54 PM
    Weekendbum, are you in the Tuscon call center?
    04-29-09 11:55 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD