I am not positive but I think that I have read that Verizon offers you a different device model if you have had to replace yours a certain number of times. If so, what is the #/time frame? I am going to be on pearl #4 after tomorrow. 1. Screen went blank 2. Radio would not stay on and #3. Half of my keyboard backlights are out already. I have had #3 for less than 2 months. It is not a huge deal to have to use another pearl, just wondering if there is another option. Thanks...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 01:48 AM
    I am not positive but I think that I have read that Verizon offers you a different device model if you have had to replace yours a certain number of times. If so, what is the #/time frame? I am going to be on pearl #4 after tomorrow. 1. Screen went blank 2. Radio would not stay on and #3. Half of my keyboard backlights are out already. I have had #3 for less than 2 months. It is not a huge deal to have to use another pearl, just wondering if there is another option. Thanks...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    • The warranty for a CLNR is 90 days or the remainder from the last purchase date, whichever is greater
    • Thorough troubleshooting must be completed to eliminate any non-device related issues such as network coverage and account provisioning
    • The customer's MDN (Mobile Directory Number) must not be eligible for any upgrade programs
    • For the Multi-CLNR process, the customer's EEU (Equipment Eligible Upgrade) and NE2 (New Every Two) dates will be extended 20 months from the date of the Multi-Exchange Replacement; be sure you are disclosing this to your customer
    • The customer contract end date will remain unchanged
    • The customer does not get to pick and choose the device they want for a CLNR; you must follow the substitution matrix if the same model CLNR is not available
    • If the customer does not want the CLNR model or substitution, they can purchase another device at full retail price.
    07-31-09 08:21 AM
    I bought a pearl in jan 08. The trackball went bad and it reset itself often. I had it replaced and within a week the new pearl was unusable and I called to get it replaced again. When I got that one it worked for about two weeks and failed also. When I called cs I said that it was the third time I had to replace it and they transferred me to a different department where they told me my options: I could replace the phone again with a refurb, I could get a brand new pearl, or I could upgrade to a different phone and pay the difference between the full retail price of the phones. I upgraded to the curve and didn't pay anything. I did, however; have to renew my contract for two more years from the time I got the curve.
    07-31-09 12:41 PM
    Yeah thats how it goes I think its stated in the policy.
    07-31-09 12:50 PM
    Yeah they do that, but what you say is I need this BB for my job or something like that and then they're screwed.
    07-31-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD