I am a little lost....

The last phone I "bought" was last November (2007) - I got a RAZR, and because of my corporate discount, it was free with a 1 year contract renewal.

So, when I look online to upgrade to a Curve, I see that I am eligible for a 2-year contract pricing of $169.99-$70 rebate, so the phone would run me $99.99.

Does this contract pricing reflect my NE2? Am I shown a discount somewhere else for NE2? I have a large enough plan - was $59.99 for a few years, and recently I upped it further.
    11-13-08 09:31 AM
    NE2 is a discount that you get if you renew a contract every 2 years. Since your previous contract was a 1-year, you don't have NE2 available on your account currently and are not subject to another discount. The NE2 discount would be another additional amount off the $99.99 listed on the site. Generally it's $100 off. Sometimes the "online discounts" are referred to as another way to give people their NE2 discount if they don't have it and reps in store state that they cannot apply an NE2 discount to the online price (since it's already taken into effect as an online discount). This is BS the in-store reps use to cheat you out of the discount. Technically speaking you could get a Free Curve if you had NE2 on your account, but you don't.
    11-13-08 10:49 AM
    Well, that's a load of crap. I mean, I had a 2 year contract on a phone. That ended, I got a 1 year contract (so no additional discount)...a year later I'll sign a two year and they won't give me a NE2 discount? We'll see what I can work out at the store
    11-13-08 11:08 AM
    Why is that crap.

Basically, you are trying to get an NE2 discount after only using a phone for 1 year. Seems like the policy was followed pretty well.
    11-13-08 02:19 PM
    Why is that crap.

Basically, you are trying to get an NE2 discount after only using a phone for 1 year. Seems like the policy was followed pretty well.
    No, I had a phone for 2 years....got a new phone (RAZR) without using a NE2 discount. So, in three years I have never gotten a NE2 discount. That's why it'd be crap.
    11-13-08 07:19 PM
    No, I had a phone for 2 years....got a new phone (RAZR) without using a NE2 discount. So, in three years I have never gotten a NE2 discount. That's why it'd be crap.
    lol i hate to say it, thats your fault for not using your NE2, you can't save up all your NE2's to buy a phone. the whole gag is New Every 2, not New Phone For Any Period Longer then 2 years, thats just how it works. By engaging in another contract and not using your NE2 you voided whatever discount from NE2 u might. I don't think begging verizon is gonna do anything because im sure its pretty well written out in there policy.
    11-13-08 10:36 PM
    You had 2 options when you were upgrading last time. You could take the retail pricing (which would have included your NE2 discount) or you could take your corporate employee pricing. You get one or the other. You chose the employee pricing, so you lost your NE@ option.

To get NE2 again, you will need to sign a new 2 yr agreement and complete 20 months of that agreement. At least you have the option to take the 2 yr corporate employee pricing still.
    11-14-08 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD