I know this is long, but PLEASE read this and help me.

I have had tmobile and for about two months had nothing but problems. I had to get a new phone cause my 8320 kept freezing up. They had to send me an 8520 instead cause no longer carried the 8320. I converted all my info, and 3rd party apps, etc. Was unhappy w/ the 8520 cause it lacked features I already had. They made me a deal, sent me a bold for 30 bucks. So once again changed over all my info, 3rd party apps, etc. w/in a week of that discovered a sound glitch.. had to do a master reset which If I recall, made me get everything in there all over again, again. Now, in the last 3 weeks I can barely make a phone call, if I get one made it drops the call w/in 2 minutes, glitches so bad I can't hear anyone, my friends and myself are pissed.
    I've contacted tmo 5 times about this and after doing many things, including a new sim cardit is not resolved. I will probably have to do some master wipe/reset/ new phone which will make me do that stuff all over again again again.. again.. I lost count. I have hit my tolerance level.. I really cant afford to switch carries esp since they make you buy a new phone, pay activation, etc. Tmo will make me pay a large fine to close service even though I'm going to fight for a waiver since I've had nothing but problems.
    i'm also on a family plan w/ one other line so my mother is going to suffer as well.

What I'm wondering is, is there any way I can use this bold that I LOVE with verizon? is the tour the same thing as the bold? Is the storm really as much a bad phone as I'm hearing? I cant afford to switch cause verizon is WAAAYYYY more expensive than tmo, however I need a phone that can make a freaking phone call. I have problems with tmo often enough, it's not even this last issue that has made me fed up with them. OOh and I found out when i call the toll free directory it routes to 411 which costs and they arent going to refund me even though i'm calling a toll free number.

An advice for switching to verizon?

Thanks.
    04-07-10 04:48 PM
    1. Sorry, but the Bold will NOT work on Verizon, as it is a GSM phone, not a CDMA phone.

2. No, the storm 2 is not a bad phone, there are just a lot more complaints because it is a more popular phone, and to be honest, most of the complaints can be attributed to user error.

3. I suggest looking at either the Tour, or the Bold 9650 when it comes out for Verizon. Probably the most comparable phones to your current one.
    04-07-10 05:01 PM
    Sorry to say, the device from TMO will not work with VZW. Hope everything works out for you.
    04-07-10 05:01 PM
    thanks for the info
    04-07-10 06:05 PM
    You can sell the Bold on E-Bay or another site to recoupe some of the costs to leave TMO and activate on VZW (activation fees, device costs, etc.). Not sure what the total costs would be, but that would take some of the sting out of switching.
    04-08-10 06:56 AM
    I've heard of vzw waiving fees in certain cases. Stop into vzw store and explain you're situation and maybe they will waive the fees to get you set up.
    04-08-10 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD