Hey everyone, so I posted before asking about the process of switching to att while keeping my number and I understand how to do it, however more questions as I want to make sure I have it down:

First of all, I am going to go into the store buy a storm with a two year contract (SIM) will be included which temporarily with a brand new number (until I route my number, and I know not to cancel my ATT service first.) Then how does payment work? If I would like the bills sent to my family (I'm a college student and thankfully my parents cover my bill) do I simply put their address down? Do I have to pay any money there (other than the 250 for the phone)? is it as easy as that?

Also, I travel to Syria and Egypt and Jordan a decent amount and I was wondering (since they run on your traditional world GSM network) if the blackberry storm is essentially unlocked as far as putting in a SIM card native to that country (a Syrian, Egyptian, or Jordanian SIM card)... any help is greeeeeeatttly appreciated!!!! can't wait for this thing!!
    11-20-08 11:11 AM
    I don't know about the payment options but as far as the SIM card goes you will not be simply able to replace the Verizon SIM card with a native one, the Verizon phone hasn't been unlocked yet and i doubt it will be in the near future. The phone will work in GSM networks but you have to use Verizon's international plan.
    11-20-08 11:41 AM
    Hey everyone, so I posted before asking about the process of switching to att while keeping my number and I understand how to do it, however more questions as I want to make sure I have it down:

First of all, I am going to go into the store buy a storm with a two year contract (SIM) will be included which temporarily with a brand new number (until I route my number, and I know not to cancel my ATT service first.) Then how does payment work? If I would like the bills sent to my family (I'm a college student and thankfully my parents cover my bill) do I simply put their address down? Do I have to pay any money there (other than the 250 for the phone)? is it as easy as that?

Also, I travel to Syria and Egypt and Jordan a decent amount and I was wondering (since they run on your traditional world GSM network) if the blackberry storm is essentially unlocked as far as putting in a SIM card native to that country (a Syrian, Egyptian, or Jordanian SIM card)... any help is greeeeeeatttly appreciated!!!! can't wait for this thing!!

You can have your bill sent to your parents no problem. Just put their address in the billing address section (in this case have your rep do it) They can initiate the port request FOR YOU so you don't even have to take home the temp # is you do not want to. WLNP has gotten alot faster since the days our time worked with it. Good Luck & Welcome to VZW!!!
    11-20-08 01:00 PM
    You can have your bill sent to your parents no problem. Just put their address in the billing address section (in this case have your rep do it) They can initiate the port request FOR YOU so you don't even have to take home the temp # is you do not want to. WLNP has gotten alot faster since the days our time worked with it. Good Luck & Welcome to VZW!!!
    appreciate it!
    11-20-08 01:23 PM
    I swapped my mother over to Verizon about 4 moths ago and by the time we got home from the store her number we ported over. At the same time AT&t cancelled, I believe it does it automatically. You can not have an account without a number so it cancels it.
    11-20-08 10:50 PM
    1. open VZW service
    2. Have VZW port your # from ATT
    3. *228 opt 1..

You are done.
    11-20-08 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD