Please forgive if this has already been beaten into the ground, but I have a quick question. I currently have a BB Tour w/ unlimited data, texting in-network, etc. My wife Really wants to get an iPhone and I am Really wanting a Bold as I have had multiple issues with my Tour. For cost comparison, which is cheaper? Obviously I would have to add a data plan for her, but who has the cheapest unlimited data, texting, etc? AT&T has a Very odd website (many many options) so I have no clue which one to go with and I have called a few times but was on hold for a long time. Can anyone give me some input who has switched or who has both? Thanks.
    09-08-09 12:24 AM
    .... well first, cost is very very similar.... just wanna point out one quick thing.... dont mean to hate or anything... but if you are a perspective customer, and your coming to an online forum to ask a question because you are already not getting good customer service.. .seems crazy... can we ask what issues you were having with the tour? have you tried replacing it? keep in mind, a new OS is rumored to be coming very soon, based on a leaked internal document
    09-08-09 12:28 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I am actually waiting (as we speak) for my new Tour to come in either tomorrow or Wednesday. I am a little shocked, too, because my Tour was Perfect but started having major trackball issues and odd glitches. In terms of the glitches, it might be an app issue (?) or an OS issue, I am not exactly sure. I will have a better idea when my new one arrives.
    I appreciate the cost-ratio response. I have heard "AT&T is much cheaper," "They are similar," "iPhone is Very expensive in terms of data with AT&T," etc.
    Any idea of what the new OS will look like? Meaning, what updates it will have?
    09-08-09 12:36 AM
    I have no idea about that, and wont pretend to... just as a warning: if towlie posts in here, anything he says is BS so just ignore... moving on

From what I hear if your tour is being replaced, it should have a "green dot" on the box, which is supposedly supposed to mean the trackball issue has been fixed. probably wont be a major difference in looks or functionality, just patches some bugs... all phones have software issues and glitches, especially when they first come out, so just keep that in mind.. I always find it odd that someone would change cell phone companies just for a phone...
    09-08-09 12:44 AM
    I find the VZW website to be a bit odd...lol. I tried to figure out how much there data plan and text plans are but they don't list it seperately for new buyers. What I could find was that it appears the BB Data Plan is $40 and the 5000 Text Plan is $20. AT&T charges $30 for Unlimited BB Data Plan and $20 for Unlimited Text Plan.
    09-08-09 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD