I signed up for a new VZW account on 11-28 2009, bought a Moto-droid and a different phone for my son. I had the intent of signing my wife up too. I was a Nextel customer but wanted to try something different and really like the phone. The VZW store owner is a friend of mine, he just opened the store, and he told me if it didnt work out that i can return everything for a full refund and pay only for minutes used if it didnt work out. Well.... on monday 11-30-2009 i found out that acompany I work with a lot recently eliminated the phone usage by their field guys and they only have the nextel 2-way now, CRAP! I work with these guys a lot and figured i should go back to nextel so i could still talk to them when we are working. So i returned the phones and i just got a bill from VZW for two ETF's, one for $350.00 and one for $175.00. Is this a mistake? I am confused.
    01-03-10 05:04 PM
    If you returned the phones within two days just go back to the store where you returned them and bring your bill and ask why you were not credited the ETF's.
    01-03-10 05:05 PM
    did you return your phones within 30 days of the original purchase date???? if so yes its a mistake, if the original contract was signed and you returned after 30 days your liable to pay the fees. if you do not want to pay out of pocket. i believe verizon will alow you to go back with 60 days without having to be hit with etfs. hope the 30 day things helps clarify
    01-03-10 05:07 PM
    sorry i missed the dates. lol
    01-03-10 05:08 PM
    Yeah, only had the phone for 4 days. I was hoping this was a mistake. Thanks for the quick response. I wi**** would have worked out i really liked the phone and service.
    01-03-10 05:17 PM
    The interesting thing to me is, he says his friend is a VZW store "owner",which leads me to believe it is an independent retailer instead of a corporate store.
    01-03-10 09:03 PM
    You should just go to the store or call in and I'm sure they'll fix the bill for you.
    01-03-10 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD