I need help/advice, please! I currently have a bb8830 but I love the curve and now that verizon finally has it I REALLY want it. I am not eligible for NE2. I really want this phone. . .there has to be some way to get it w/o paying full retail price? What do you guys think I should do? Anyone I can schmooze, lol.
    05-03-08 08:39 PM
    I received this response from Verizon. It may apply to you, as well.

I asked about how much is saved with the Annual Upgrade Program, but they won't say until the price of the Curve 8330 is locked.

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is xxxxxxx, and I am happy to assist you regarding your upgrade questions.

I am delighted to inform you that mobile number xxxxxxxxxxxx meets the requirements to participate in our Annual Upgrade Program and you would be able to upgrade to the Blackberry Curve as soon as it becomes available for purchase. You are qualified to participate in this program because you meet the following requirements:

* You have been on a plan with a monthly access fee of $49.99 or above for three consecutive months prior to the upgrade request and a two-year agreement.
    * You have completed 12 full months of service from the date of the last discounted equipment purchase (upgrade or new activation on a two-year service agreement) on a monthly access fee of $49.99 or above for three consecutive months prior to the upgrade request.
    * Your account is current, with no past-due balance.
    * The following is important information regarding the Annual Upgrade Program:
    * Requires a new two-year agreement that would reset the clock for New Every Two.
    * The New Every Two credit cannot be used in conjunction with the Annual Upgrade Program.
    * $20.00 Processing Fee is required to change from the old equipment to the new equipment if the upgrade is done at a store or via Customer Service.

Please keep in mind that if you accept the discount and cancel service for any reason before fulfilling the terms of your Customer Agreement, you will be charged an Early Termination Fee of up to $175, per line of service canceled.

You may view available equipment by clicking on the following link, which will direct you to the "Products" page of our website:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=k9j9svYi

The prices on our website reflect a discount for a two-year Customer Agreement, and do not include applicable sales tax and/or shipping cost. In addition, instant rebates are only available for orders placed online via "My Account."

We also have some great deals on accessories. For example, our "Essential Combo Pack" includes a car charger, hands-free headset and leather case for only $49.97 plus tax. This is a 30% savings when compared to purchasing these accessories separately. Standard shipping is $9.99 for equipment; however, if you purchase at least $39.97 or more in accessories or process your order online via "My Account," the shipping is free. To view all available accessories, please visit the following link:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=ZrkXMla2

Furthermore, Wireless Phone Protection (WPP), which protects your phone in case of loss, theft or damage with a deductible of $50.00 per claim, is available for $4.99 per month. You will have 15 days from the date of purchase to add a warranty or insurance feature. For more information on WPP, please refer to our website at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless or call our Customer Service Department at 800-922-0204, or airtime free from your wireless phone by dialing *611 (SEND).

Once you have decided on a wireless phone, you have three options to process your annual upgrade:
    1. Log in to "My Account," click on "Go" in the "My Phone" section near the top of your home page and then select "Upgrade To A New Phone." Once at the "Upgrade Your Phone" screen, please follow the steps below:
    * Choose the wireless telephone number(s) to upgrade.
    * Click "Show Upgrade Discounts."
    * Choose the new handset
    * Choose accessories (if applicable).
    * Preview the order.
    * Checkout (enter shipping and payment information).

2. You may also complete the upgrade process by visiting a local Verizon Wireless store. We have noted your account stating your eligibility. To obtain a list of stores in your area, please click on the following link, which will direct you to the "Store Locator" page of our website:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=-Iyu002e

3. We also offer the option of processing the upgrade for you. If you would like us to process your order, please call Customer Service at 800-922-0204 or airtime free by dialing *611 (SEND). Regular delivery time is five to seven business days.

I hope that the information that I have provided regarding the Annual Upgrade Program was helpful to you Jay. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless. Should you have additional questions or feel your concerns are not resolved, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service

If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless customer, this response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement.
    05-03-08 08:48 PM
    Thanks for the response, I actually am not eligible for the early upgrade until November (I got my 8830 in Nov of '07). Any other ideas?
    05-03-08 08:51 PM
    Errmm...pay what the rest of us have to pay?
    05-04-08 12:01 PM
    i just added a new line to my account
    05-04-08 12:34 PM
    i just added a new line to my account
    Hey, great idea.

The second line on my account isn't very cheap, though.
    Do the savings ("$10 per month") really kick in with the 3rd line?

Thanks.
    05-04-08 12:37 PM
    sell current phone online and apply that towards curve? little more work... but u don't have to extend any contracts and u wont pay full retail for new phone
    05-04-08 07:46 PM
    I paid the full retail price. It is well worth it!
    05-04-08 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD