I searched and search for a way to do this with no luck.

I am handing down an older bb to my daughter and want to remove 2 email accounts from it. Does the phone have to be active on vzw for me to delete? If so, I will wait till she switches her line to it.

I just can't seem to find how to delete the email accounts from going through to that device.

Thanks!
    08-29-09 04:44 PM
    I searched and search for a way to do this with no luck.

I am handing down an older bb to my daughter and want to remove 2 email accounts from it. Does the phone have to be active on vzw for me to delete? If so, I will wait till she switches her line to it.

I just can't seem to find how to delete the email accounts from going through to that device.

Thanks!
    Best bet is to call into tech support and have the e-mail accounts deleted. Just give them the PIN and they'll be able to look it up.

If you switched PINs when you got your new phone, then the old PIN should be clear of any e-mail accounts.
    08-29-09 05:14 PM
    Just log in to your BIS and delete the email accounts there.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

You can do it yourself.

Then resend the Service Books from the same place.
    08-29-09 05:59 PM
    Actually, the BIS account should no longer be there if it is not active with VZW. It will give an error message that it is deactivated or suspended.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 08-29-09 at 06:04 PM.
    08-29-09 06:02 PM
    The Main Problem is with SMS text and not e-mail
    I can not receive any SMS Message from outside of Sprint.
    08-29-09 06:06 PM
    The Main Problem is with SMS text and not e-mail
    I can not receive any SMS Message from outside of Sprint.
    I think you meant to post in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f70/not...sprint-304697/
    08-29-09 06:08 PM
    Thank you All!

I switched both email accounts to my current BB over a year ago. So the emails are not going through to the old phone, I just can't delete the icons from the old phone. So both email addresses show on the main screen. I just want to remove those and be sure those don't go through to the old device. Perhaps I didn't explain it well.
    08-29-09 06:25 PM
    Thank you All!

I switched both email accounts to my current BB over a year ago. So the emails are not going through to the old phone, I just can't delete the icons from the old phone. So both email addresses show on the main screen. I just want to remove those and be sure those don't go through to the old device. Perhaps I didn't explain it well.
    Oh in that case just go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book and delete each entry that has your e-mail address on it. Probably going to be two service books for each account.

you@youremail.com [CICAL]
    you@youremail.com [CMIME]

you@youremail2.com [CICAL]
    you@youremail2.com [CMIME]

Click the menu button (left of the trackball) and select "delete" and that should be that.
    08-29-09 06:30 PM
    Actually, the BIS account should no longer be there if it is not active with VZW. It will give an error message that it is deactivated or suspended.
    The OP indicated that the device was still active and that if the device had "to be active on vzw for me to delete? If so, I will wait till she switches her line to it."
    08-29-09 07:20 PM
    So...
    Why not delete the e-mails on the BIS and wipe the phone?
    08-30-09 07:36 PM
    Deleting the service books like tsguy said will do the trick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 09:50 PM
    What ts said or give her a clean phone options}security}general settings}bb button}wipe handheld.....

08-30-09 11:16 PM
    I needed to delete an email account that came over when I used the Device Manager to switch devices. but because I didn't add it on the device, I couldn't go into email settings and delete. This was the answer to my prob! Thanks so much.
    10-21-09 01:11 PM
    Thanks for searching!
    +1!
    10-21-09 01:12 PM
    Deleting the service books like tsguy said will do the trick.

DITTO
    10 char
    10-21-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD