Alright im in need of help from somebody who has Verizon or knows about VZW and knows about Blackberry Storm. I bought this phone from a guy on craigslist and cant contact him again. And I am an ATT customer. ALL ODDS AGAINST ME

First The Specs:
    BB Storm 9530
    OS .132
    Unlocked on ATT

Second, The problem:
    I purchased this phone used and LOCKED. I then had it unlocked. I was running through the setup and found i could not access my email accounts because of other email account. Let me explain,

When i go to personal email setup, I am give the screen that gives me two options

option1-(Directly from what it says on screen)
    "New Users
    You need to create an account to begin sending and receivning email on your blackberry device. Please ensure that your device is connected to the wireless network and click create new account below to begin

CREATE NEW ACCOUNT LINK"

option2-(Directly from what it says on screen)
    "Existing Users

To log in, please provide your user name and password below.

USER NAME

PASSWORD (Forgot Password)"

When option one is pressed, it asks for the imei and pin of phone. Once entered, it says that there is already an account set up for this blackberry device.

When option 2 is pressed, (using the username and password from my ATT curve) it says same.

So I guess I need to figure out some way of resetting this phone to omit this email account therefore allowing access to enter MY email accounts. Maybe deleting it from phone. I have tried to look in advanced options/service books and the email account is not present..
    CAN YOU PLEASE HELP
    04-30-09 09:27 PM
    Means the old user has the pin tied up with from when he owned it. you have no active account, an unlocked phone, and a nonrelased OS on the device. So I doubt that VZW will even help you. Sorry
    04-30-09 09:57 PM
    What if i do a complete wipe with JL_cmder
    04-30-09 10:07 PM
    oh yea...i have a close friend who has Verizon but i dont know if it will help. I just called and told them i was interested in starting a service but had to have this phone functional. they said i would have to have the owner disable the phone from their account.
    04-30-09 10:09 PM
    Yep a wipe of the device will not clear the pin from the BIS account
    04-30-09 10:14 PM
    anybody know if i had a friend call VZW and tell them they want this phone to work, if Verizon would do it?
    04-30-09 10:28 PM
    I am sure they would. They would have to activate the device on there account and work from there. As it is unlocked, it may or may not work on the VZW network. This I am not 100% sure of.
    04-30-09 10:31 PM
    I am sure they would. They would have to activate the device on there account and work from there. As it is unlocked, it may or may not work on the VZW network. This I am not 100% sure of.
    Unlocked storms work just fine on VZ network.
    04-30-09 11:22 PM
    Unlocked storms work just fine on VZ network.
    This maybe true and this was only of thr response to the OP. Thank you for the update
    05-01-09 07:42 AM
    My question is this.... Have you had the phone activated and received a number? Reason I ask is that when my wifes storm was stolen ,
    We received her replacement thru ins and I was able to set up her emails and every thing all before the phone was programmed on the vzw network.
    Buying one on craigslist, it could have been previously stolen. Just saying is all.
    05-01-09 08:21 AM
    If you want, PM me with the ESN number under the battery and i can check to see if it is a "lost/stolen" phone. (im a corporate vzw rep)
    05-01-09 12:45 PM
    Just make sure you send att service books to phone. Then I'd think you should get everything. Just change your imei and pin on the bis website, and I'd think would work. I got one and unlocked it and sent service books and all, and worked fine when I put sim in. Never checked email, but I'm assuming when you change it on your bis account, should work. With that saidn I'm just learning all about this stuff, so if wrongn I'm sorry. But try iy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 01:15 PM
    I may be way off base here, but I don't think you can activate a Storm on the AT&T network. Verizon is a CDMA carrier and AT&T is GSM. Much like you couldn't activate an AT&T iPhone on the Verizon network. Locked or unlocked, it doesn't make a difference.
    05-01-09 01:23 PM
    I may be way off base here, but I don't think you can activate a Storm on the AT&T network. Verizon is a CDMA carrier and AT&T is GSM. Much like you couldn't activate an AT&T iPhone on the Verizon network. Locked or unlocked, it doesn't make a difference.
    The Storm is dual mode. It will work on both gsm and cdma.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD