Hi all,

I recently switched phones from the 8830 WE to the Curve. When I was setting it up, I created a new bb email address. My question is, how can I get the bb device email from my OLD phone to be the official device email of my NEW phone?

Unfortunately, I can't remember the password for the original email address but I am sure if I knew where to start I could give it a shot. But whats strange, is that the old email address somehow is on my NEW bb just like my ymail email, school email, work email, etc. So I can read the emails received, but it is not listed as one of my email accounts when I log into the bis verizon site. I'd really like to have my NEW device's email be my OLD bb email address. Any idea where I went wrong here or how to fix it??

Sorry if that was confusing, it was confusing to explain too! Thanks again, and thank god for this website!!

Jenny
    11-02-08 01:24 PM
    But whats strange, is that the old email address somehow is on my NEW bb just like my ymail email, school email, work email, etc. I'd really like to have my NEW device's email be my OLD bb email address. Jenny
    Sounds like it's there. You can see the emails but the address if different?
    11-02-08 01:32 PM
    Sounds like you created a new account for the curve. You need to have VZW delete the new account and then have them assist you with changing the device in the BIS to get all you old email address that were on your 8830 to your curve.
    11-02-08 01:34 PM
    I guess they could've set up an entirely new BIS? Why on earth would they do that though? Only thing that seems to make sense.
    If so, they need to reset your PIN on the OLD BIS account from your previous device.
    11-02-08 01:37 PM
    I see this all the time.
    11-02-08 01:42 PM
    Someone didn't know what they were doing if they set up a new BIS account. We need to train employees better..
    11-02-08 01:43 PM
    I think in this case it was the OP that set it up if I read correctly.
    11-02-08 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD