The current ETF is $175 with a $10 per month deduction as long as you have the service, correct? If that's the case my current contract signed up when I bought the S1 on release date is into it's twelfth month. That should mean my remaining ETF is $55? Is that how it works?
    11-05-09 05:19 PM
    Nope, current policy is 175 with a reduction of $5 per month and min of $60
    11-05-09 05:22 PM
    Thanks for the response. So if I can't wait to get the Droid and they don't let me upgrade early, a Droid would cost me $115 in addition to the contract price.
    11-05-09 05:24 PM
    wrongo.... if you cancel and try to resign the computer will pick up your SSN and make you resign your previous contract
    11-05-09 06:03 PM
    tricky tricky!
    11-05-09 06:12 PM
    Thanks for the response. So if I can't wait to get the Droid and they don't let me upgrade early, a Droid would cost me $115 in addition to the contract price.
    wrongo.... if you cancel and try to resign the computer will pick up your SSN and make you resign your previous contract
    I think a way around this would be to add a line for $9.99 (plus upgrading to a family plan if you don't already have one) and then canceling your storm.
    11-05-09 06:20 PM
    If verizon is really upping the etf they should have done it effective 11/6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 07:42 PM
    Nope, current policy is 175 with a reduction of $5 per month and min of $60
    What he said
    11-05-09 07:54 PM
    I will be adding a line for my daughter so I guess I have to find a used handset. I can buy the Droid under the add a line, switch it to my main plan with data then activate the regular cell under the added line.
    11-05-09 08:46 PM
    Don't forget if you have a Berry it WILL change the appearance of your data plan. Same price, diff name. Once you get your droid turn off your old phone and dial *228 opt 3.

11-05-09 09:06 PM
    If verizon is really upping the etf they should have done it effective 11/6.

Agreed
    10char
    11-06-09 08:00 AM
    Why didn't Verizon make it effective 11/6? Just giving the average Joe a few more days to rip them off?
    11-06-09 10:35 PM
    Verizon has gone mad with this ETF increase!
    11-07-09 11:10 PM
    Are current customers still 175 for the life of their contract? Or is my ETF raised too now?

11-07-09 11:31 PM
    Are current customers still 175 for the life of their contract? Or is my ETF raised too now?

New customers get the 350. Old customers get 500. Really. I mean it. 500 big ones. Course I am just yanking your chain because it is late and I am drumk but its all good. Only new contracts get it and I think that was already established here somewheres.
    11-08-09 03:12 AM
    I will be adding a line for my daughter so I guess I have to find a used handset. I can buy the Droid under the add a line, switch it to my main plan with data then activate the regular cell under the added line.
    Good call...
    This is how I got my blackberry... I was going to activate a line for my daughter anyway... so I took the advantage of getting a blackberry for discounted pricing. Then I took my old phone and put it on my daughters line. Now this might not be an option for you depending on your phone; but you can switch swap your phones around any which where. Cause my old phone was an EnV2... We ended up switching my sister the EnV2 for her LG Vx8300 later this past spring because my sister wanted a nicer phone and could not upgrade. SOOOoo since my daughter is 9 and HONESTLY doesnt need a qwerty keyboard; we traded out AGAIN.. easy peasy lemon sqeezy.
    Okay, I got off topic! DONT JUDGE ME!
    11-08-09 08:09 AM
    The ETF is the same for current customers. If they changed it they would have to let you know since they are changing your contract.

11-08-09 10:36 AM
    Where did you get that? That's complete BS! The system will recognize if there was a previous account under that SSN but it in no way hinders opening a new account unless it's in collections.
    11-08-09 10:03 PM
    Where did you get that?
    I believe he got it from the postings of probably a half-dozen or so established VZW reps here who've posted that same thing in the past couple months. I've seen it here, on other third-party sites & the VZW customer forums.
    11-08-09 10:21 PM
    I believe he got it from the postings of probably a half-dozen or so established VZW reps here who've posted that same thing in the past couple months. I've seen it here, on other third-party sites & the VZW customer forums.
    There have been plenty of people that wanted a new phone so bad that they were willing to pay the ETF and start a new account just to get the phone at the 2 yr price, not taking into consideration that the total cost ends up being more than the phone at full retail. I have literally disconnected several people's accounts and had them walk up to a sales' rep and open a new account...and leave completely content with a new phone. The system does not stop you. Speaking from experience, with over 3 years in a retail store.
    11-09-09 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD