After reading through some of these threads, I realize that my question is going to be a complete no-brainer for you guys, and I also realize that I'm probably a complete ***** for not being able to figure it out myself.

I got my 8330 Curve yesterday, and I've figured it out for the most part. The people at the store set up my email for me, which seems to be working (although I'm not sure why I'm getting emails through texts, but whatever.)
    For some reason, my blackberry came with a facebook app installed, and I don't use facebook but it seems to work fine here at my school, which has free wifi that isn't password protected. I can't for the life of me figure out how to check and see if my blackberry is connected, and I can't figure out how to navigate to a different web page. I know I'm supposed to press the menu button and scroll to "go to", but it isn't there.
    Further, everything I find online about blackberries goes wayy over my head: I'm completely technologically inept.
    Could someone take a minute to explain to me, in plain, *****-proof english, what my problem might be? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!
    04-16-09 12:10 PM
    Connected to wifi? The 8330 doesn't have wifi.

For the browser try Menu-Close
    Then re open it and hit "g" (GO TO)

The Facebook have you clicked it? It's just a shorcut to install the app if you don't have want it you can hide it
    Menu - Hide (From your homescreen)

What do you mean you're getting emails by text??
    04-16-09 12:16 PM
    Hey, it's too bad your sales person didn't go over all of this with you so that you better understood it before you left the store.
    For starters with Verizon, you don't work off of wifi. You pay either 29.99 or 44.99 a month for your email and web; most only need the 29.99 plan.
    That being said pretty anywhere you have phone service your web will work as well.
    The facebook icon will always be on your phone, you can delete the application by going through options, advanced options, applications, highlight facebook then click your BB/Menu button and choose to delete the app.
    Facebook is in your service books so the icon won't ever go away so you will need to hide the icon if you don't want to see/use it.
    While you are in your web browser you should be able to click your menu button and scroll to "go to" to type in a site you want to go to. If for some reason this is not showing up I would recommend doing a battery pull while the power is still on, on your phone. Reboot your phone and see if that fixes the issue.
    So try that for starters.

Oh you can also separate your email and text messaging boxes so they have different icons, I'm not sure if this is what you meant, your emails coming in your text? When in your messages, click your menu button, go to options, general options, scroll down to SMS and Email Inboxes, it probably says them controlled, click on it and change it to separate.

Hope this helps.
    04-18-09 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD