I am looking at moving to VZW from Sprint. I have a family plan with 3 lines at Sprint. I want to try the Storm out before I move everyone over. I plan on an unlimited minutes plan, obviously with BB data but it looks like messaging is $20 unlimited or nothing. Right? So, $149 plan just for me (ouch).

If all goes well with the Storm and coverage, I will want to move my family over as contracts expire. Simply, is it easy to makes changes to your plan at VZW as you go. Used to be that at Sprint, if you changed your plan after 30 days a new 2-yr contract was required. They don't do that any longer.

One other - it seems to me that it would be beneficial to get the Storm with a one year contract - it only adds $70 to the cost of the phone. I am really starting to hate 2yr terms.
    Last edited by bubbatex; 12-14-08 at 12:05 PM.
    12-14-08 11:39 AM
    You can change your plan at any time without having to extend your contract with VZW.
    12-14-08 11:54 AM
    One benefit of a 2yr contract is the NE2 (every 2yrs w/a new 2yr contract you can get up to $100 towards a phone), so that's one possible reason to do a 2yr.

As for plans I know VZW came out with varying degrees of unlimited plans: unlim min only, unlim min/txt/pix, unlim min/pix/txt/data (data for their Vcast service, not BB). From each grade its about $20 difference. Depending how much you text or who you text you might be able to get a cheaper txt plan (eg $10 for 500txt/pix to non-VZW and unlim txt/pix to VZW).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 01:42 PM
    When I first moved to VZW I was required to have a $175.00 Deposit for each line (had 2 lines) After a year, they refunded the money and during the next 4 years as I added lines (added 3 more) they never required a deposit, nor had any problems adding lines.
    12-15-08 03:08 PM
    Here's a tip that I know works for single lines and I'm fairly certain for family plans, too:

Don't get the BB-specific plan if you do not need to use BES. You can get the same voice minute package and add a data package to it for the same BIS end-user experience for about $10 less per month than a corresponding BB plan. You can always move to the BB plan if you later require BES access.
    12-16-08 02:15 PM
    Here's a tip that I know works for single lines and I'm fairly certain for family plans, too:

Don't get the BB-specific plan if you do not need to use BES. You can get the same voice minute package and add a data package to it for the same BIS end-user experience for about $10 less per month than a corresponding BB plan. You can always move to the BB plan if you later require BES access.
    Thanks - yes, that's exactly what I am going to do to start out. I have hosted Exchange for my business and full BB support is $15 extra/mo. I want to see how much I really miss full sync on the calendar, tasks, contacts before I pay for full BES.
    12-16-08 04:45 PM
    My wife and I are on a family share plan now, we've since upgraded with no problem. Before my wife I changed plans several times with no issues.

Good luck with the switch
    12-17-08 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD