I plan on ditching my Curve for the Storm come release or when my NE2 discount arrives. Now, in order to do so I want the person who purchases it to have a smooth transition to the phone. Now, from my understanding the PIN will have to be reset in order for the buyer to use the phone. Which brings to me, my question(s)

1. Upon me calling VZW Tech, should I ask them to "reset" or to "clear" my PIN for another person's use, or just to clear it for other "reasons"?

2. Once cleared or reset and set to a different PIN, does this mean I lose my current @vzw.blackberry.net E-Mail address and my login name to the BIS website for VZW? (I don't think it does, but I want to make sure)
    09-18-08 10:51 AM
    Pin is unique to each deivce. When you get your storm and if you are using the BIS you will need to change the ESN and PIN there, this will direct your email to the new device. This will also free the pin for the buyer to set up an account. ESN on VZW system will be okay when you activate your storm. When you change the info on the BIS you keep your account and email addresses.

If you set your email from the device, then you may want to call VZW and have a tech change the info for you. At that time they can convert the BIS account to a username and passord set up. Then you can access the site yourself to make changes there. The BIS site for VZW is BlackBerry Internet Service

If the device is on BES server, then make sure that IT/BES admon releases the Curve from the BES server so all IT policies can be removed.
    Last edited by lastraid; 09-18-08 at 10:59 AM.
    09-18-08 10:56 AM
    Well said lastraid, and thanks.

So if my interpretation is correct it would be best to swap to the Storm, THEN sell the Curve? That way the PIN is clear for the buyer and I retain all logins/email addresses.
    09-18-08 11:07 AM
    Yup, just logged in and notice the "Change Device" option. Sweet.
    09-18-08 11:09 AM
    Well said lastraid, and thanks.

So if my interpretation is correct it would be best to swap to the Storm, THEN sell the Curve? That way the PIN is clear for the buyer and I retain all logins/email addresses.
    Yep, This is what I would suggest.
    09-18-08 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD