Hey everyone!

I have quite the problem on my hands...I just got a 9500 from a friend who purchased this unit while in the US. Both my friend and I are from Canada, and are on the Rogers network. The phone is unlocked, so I can make calls and send texts but I can't get access to data until the PIN is released.

I tried to call Verizon, and spent about 3-4 hours talking to various supervisors...so of the stupidity I heard:

- release because it's impossible
    - not allowed to because I'm not a Verizon client (neither me, nor my friend are US Residents...)
    - that I would get free data from Verizon upon the release of the PIN (which is ********)

Anyway, I ran into this website: berrymanual. com / release-blackberry-pin-in-5-minutes

I'm asking for help - I would VERY much appreciate if someone who's a Verizon client do this to release my PIN. I'm running out of options and I really want to start using by Storm instead of by old 8100. If you can help, please just message me and I can send you my PIN and IMEI.

Thanks!!!
    01-12-10 12:41 AM
    9500 isn't sold by Verizon. Verizon sells the 9530

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 03:56 AM
    Sorry, 9530. The thing is though, I really want to use this phone and really need someone who's a Verizon customer to help me out release my PIN.
    01-12-10 10:26 AM
    I think the only person who could call to release the PIN is the original owner of the phone, but I'm not sure.
    01-12-10 10:58 AM
    That's exactly the problem I have - neither me nor my friend were ever Verizon clients, so that's out of the option. That's why if you look at the link I posted in the first post, a Verizon client could do it for me in minutes through their online account.

If anyone can help me out, I'll send them my PIN and IMEI.
    01-12-10 04:08 PM
    That's exactly the problem I have - neither me nor my friend were ever Verizon clients, so that's out of the option. That's why if you look at the link I posted in the first post, a Verizon client could do it for me in minutes through their online account.

If anyone can help me out, I'll send them my PIN and IMEI.
    I doubt anyone here is the original owner either.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 04:29 PM
    I realize that. However, if you take a look at the link, ANY Verizon customer can do it...

berrymanual.c om/release-blackberry-pin-in-5-minutes/
    01-12-10 04:42 PM
    Would not touch this potential scam with a 10 ft pole. Sorry
    01-12-10 04:47 PM
    Sounds like a scam.
    In any case, why don't you sign up for VZW's prepaid phone service, then release it yourself? Prepaid can't cost very much
    01-12-10 05:13 PM
    getting a prepaid is a good idea. No way would anyone feel comfortable doing this for you. You have to understand this.
    01-12-10 05:22 PM
    Have old customer delete BIS account. Problem solved for releasing PIN.

A tech support rep can delete the BIS account, but unless you are the account holder, not going to happen.
    01-12-10 06:34 PM
    Have your friend contact the person he "purchased" it from and ask them to clear the pin.
    01-12-10 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD