How do I send a picture message to someone. I could do it no problems before with my FREE phone, but with the BB, I can't figure it out for the life of me. Not to mention, when someone sent me a picture I HAD TO GO ONLINE TO SEE IT which infuriates me. I have the unlimited messaging/data feature, and I've already had 2 enormous problems between that, and I still can't get the damn thing to go online.
    12-14-07 11:19 AM
    What BB Model and provider do you use?
    12-14-07 11:27 AM
    Verizon is the provider, and the model is 8830.
    12-14-07 11:28 AM
    You can't send a picture unless it is an attachment to a #@vzwpix.com (which takes about a day and a half for the person to finally get) or to an email. Since the 8830 doesn't have a camera the ability to send and receive mms is disabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-07 12:23 PM
    Well said. And when you receive them, as you found out, you have to login to vzwpix.com from your device or PC to view the messages. Crappy .. but thats how it goes.
    12-14-07 12:30 PM
    You can't send a picture unless it is an attachment to a #@vzwpix.com (which takes about a day and a half for the person to finally get) or to an email. Since the 8830 doesn't have a camera the ability to send and receive mms is disabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am going to have to say, that is complete and utter ****.

Why bother disabling it? I have a 2g memory card loaded with pics and I can't even share them with my friends without having a computer right there.
    12-14-07 12:46 PM
    You can email them as attachments. But your friends would have to be able to get email on their phone, or view from home. That goes the same for them sending pictures to you. Have them email pics to you, then you can see them on your BB.
    12-14-07 01:30 PM
    I'm sure this is a feature they could have added without any additional thought. Why is it that every company out there is trying so hard to make something so perfect.... and then they leave little bits out intentionally.
    12-14-07 01:40 PM
    how long have you had this phone? If it is under 14 days take it back and get one with camera. All cell companys give you 14 days to return the phone.
    12-14-07 01:44 PM
    I just got it yesterday. I would exchange it for one with a camera, but that would be the pearl on verizon, I hate the keyboard on that. I'd love to have the Curve, but verizon doesn't carry it.
    12-14-07 01:47 PM
    I just got it yesterday. I would exchange it for one with a camera, but that would be the pearl on verizon, I hate the keyboard on that. I'd love to have the Curve, but verizon doesn't carry it.
    Try the Pearl, I thought the same when I first got it, now, I'll never use anything else.
    Oh and Verizon gives you 30 days to return the phone.
    12-14-07 04:39 PM
    Nah, a friend of mine has the pearl. It is nice, without a doubt. The keyboard just isn't for me.
    12-14-07 08:40 PM
    Nah, a friend of mine has the pearl. It is nice, without a doubt. The keyboard just isn't for me.
    i'm with u there. i almost moved my service over to AT&T just so i could get the Curve. thankfully i decided service was more important than the device and went with the Pearl with Verizon. trust me, the keyboard takes some real getting used to, but then i did the typing tutorial on the cd the Pearl came with and now i love it.

the onboard dictionary on the Pearl will figure out just about any word you type, and if it can't you can always switch over to multitap mode and type it cell phone style. here's the secret: don't look at the screen when you type, and only hit each button once, even if the letter you want is the second on the button.

obviously, mms messaging is important to you, so give the Pearl an honest try. i really don't think you'll be disappointed.
    12-16-07 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD