after having a nextel for almost a decade I decided it was time for something new.
    I got a curve yesterday. It was 200, -50 instant rebate, -50 discount from person at the store. And I get 8% off my bill monthly cause of my job.
    I am loving everything about the BB so far. I took the advice of others and downloaded opera mini. I am still playing with the bb and trying to learn how to use it better.
    What kinda messaging program can I add to it? Is there something like trillian, where various messangers can be together?
    and free
    Also how do I change ringtones?
    um that's all I can think of for now

Jason
    05-29-08 01:06 AM
    Hands down the best chat software is JiveTalk!!! There is absolutely NO comparison! There is a free trial period and its $20 (I think) after that. Best $20 I've ever spent!!

To change ringtones:

1. Select profiles from the home screen.
    2. Scroll to Advanced and select.
    3. Scroll to the profile you want to modify and push the manu button then select edit. (You should browse all of the profiles to get a feel for what they are by default). You can modify any profile or even create your own from scratch!! Its soooo customizable that its mind-blowing!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 01:16 AM
    BeeJive :: JiveTalk mobile messenger - instant messaging to go

BTW, the $20 device license will only work on the device you register. If you get the $30 user license, you can continue to use your license on a new BB device if you get one (such as a replacement for any such reason). I personally opted for the $30 user license just in case I should ever need to replace my BB I won't have to spend another $20 for a license.
    05-29-08 01:20 AM
    Hands down the best chat software is JiveTalk!!! There is absolutely NO comparison! There is a free trial period and its $20 (I think) after that. Best $20 I've ever spent!!

To change ringtones:

1. Select profiles from the home screen.
    2. Scroll to Advanced and select.
    3. Scroll to the profile you want to modify and push the manu button then select edit. (You should browse all of the profiles to get a feel for what they are by default). You can modify any profile or even create your own from scratch!! Its soooo customizable that its mind-blowing!!

ah I see I see. thank you

BTW, the $20 device license will only work on the device you register. If you get the $30 user license, you can continue to use your license on a new BB device if you get one (such as a replacement for any such reason). I personally opted for the $30 user license just in case I should ever need to replace my BB I won't have to spend another $20 for a license.[/QUOTE]

gotcha. yeah I keep on hearing this is the one to get.
    05-29-08 01:27 AM
    here's another question. Once I downloaded something, and I decide I don't like it or want it anymore. How do I get rid of it completely?
    05-29-08 01:28 AM
    also 1 more. I haven't created a bb email yet. But I have access to 2 of my email addresses on my bb.
    I was sending emails to my fiance yesterday afternoon via my cell number and she was getting multiples of them. I only hit send once and she would get the email up to 10 times for some of them. Any ideas? I am guessing just a fluke.
    05-29-08 01:43 AM
    here's another question. Once I downloaded something, and I decide I don't like it or want it anymore. How do I get rid of it completely?
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications. Find the app, highlight it, press menu, select delete.
    05-29-08 01:52 AM
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications. Find the app, highlight it, press menu, select delete.
    thank you for the fast answers.
    05-29-08 01:58 AM
    Welcome to CB.
    05-29-08 02:17 AM
    Regarding the $20 license vs. $30 license...

I have the $20 license and have had three warranty replacements. Each time Beejive transfers my registration to my new device within moments of my emailing them my new PIN.

Paige

05-29-08 06:20 AM
    I knew it wouldn't take you long to show up here!!!

It's chris from TGC (quicksilver22) like we tell the newbs over there... search and you shall find. but everyone here is a lot more apt to respond to similar repeat questions than on our site. haha
    05-29-08 09:39 AM
    haha. thanks Chris.
    05-29-08 08:08 PM
    i found most of my answers in the Blackberry 101 Lecture series...best place to start
    05-29-08 08:12 PM
    my curve just arrived today and im addicted already cant wait to get it up and running!

welcome to the crack Mr. Jay!
    05-29-08 09:44 PM
    Enjoy the new curve. I have had mine for almost 2 weeks and still cant put it down.

Ummmm, I'm L.C. and I am addicted to my blackberry.
    05-29-08 10:08 PM
    thanks for the welcomes guys
    05-29-08 10:30 PM
    My new curve comes in next week!!! I cant wait... I have the 8830 and feel it's a big upgrade to the 8330 !! Bring it to me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-30-08 03:44 PM
    Great choice bro! I got the same one...
    05-31-08 12:28 AM
    thank you thank you.
    I got some more questions.
    I tried to email myself a pic of a pc
    and when I got the email it said image removed. I tried this both with the pic embedded and with the pic attached?
    also
    themes
    when I download one OTA
    where should I save it to? And how do I get it to work?
    05-31-08 02:23 AM
    I hope you enjoy your new BB.
    05-31-08 05:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD